Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: Help with my new eGo + Stardust Clearomisers

Help with my new eGo + Stardust Clearomisers

Hey all,

I just received my first ecig - I got a starter kit which includes 2 x 1000mah eGo-T upgrade battery, 4 Stardust Clearomisers (2 low resistance and 2 standard) and also came with 2 vials of eliquid doublers (20% VG) - one is chocolate and the other one is VK5.

My Nicotine hadn't arrived yet but I was still eager to try it out so i tried to vape the chocolate one on it's own, even though it was a doubler. It vaped well, but as expected the flavour was a little bit too strong so I went to the chemist and bought Gold Cross Glycerine BP, and added about 0.8ml's of it directly into the clearomiser (i didn't have a syringe so I just used a measuring cup). Now when I try to vape it makes a bubbling/gurgling sound. It seems to vape ok, but the sound wasn't there before, and it's a bit unnerving! Did I do something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated!

Super Moderator
    Seems like you got a bit of glycerine down the centre tube. Blow it out from the mouthpiece into a tissue until it doesn't spit out any liquid.

Then give it another go

Super Moderator
    Hiya manachi .. the gurgling is just liquid around the atomiser coil bubbling as you suck the air past it ... nothing to fear , its probably because the straight VG you added is very thick .
    If you want to clear it , unscrew the Stardust , put a bit of paper towel on the base of the stardust , and blow hard into the mouthpiece , this will force the overfill down the air tube and out the base ( hence the paper towel lol ) ... make sure to clean the base of the stardust and screw back on and try another vape .... gurgling should be gone

You can vape thru the gurgling , but you might also get a little juice out the mouthpiece if you suck too hard .

Try watering down the VG next time with a little distilled water , it will make it flow easier .
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Thanks for your quick responses guys. I tried your suggestions - still getting the gurgling sound, but maybe it will burn it all out. It was definitely very thick liquid.

How much VG should I be adding to these doubler's as a general guide? (i have no nic yet). Should it be 50/50?

Also can anyone give a recommendation where I could buy some good premix eliquid with nic from overseas? and perhaps even some flavourless nicotine on it's own so i can mix it with 0nic flavours from locally?

Thanks again for a great forum. It's a fantastic resource.

Super Moderator
    Did we mention straight VG is also very sticky? lol
    Flavours like the doublers usually make up 10-20% of the final mix ( more or less depending on your tastes )
    If you can get some PG ( local chemist USP grade recommended ) that will thin down things as well try a 70% PG 30%VG mix and PG will also carry the flavourings better than the VG
    There are many many good vendors for liquids both here and overseas
    google Healthcabin or Heavens-gifts for some of the cheaper mixes
    they both do unflavoured as well ... if you are new to vaping , I would suggest starting out with a few Dekang e-liquids, just to get a feel for it , they are a little lighter on the flavouring etc , but will give you trouble free vaping , mixing your own etc should come a little bit further down the track when you have an idea of what you like , and what goes into it ... I would hate to see you buying nic concentrates and then adopting the " splash of this , dollop of that " method you are doing now lol
    Vaping is a learning curve , but its a good one ...
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I would use a 50/50 mix of the chocolate doubler & the VG & add 4-5 drops of vodka to the mix. The vodka will have 2 benefits, 1. it will thin the juice a bit, 2. it will give you some throat hit, which better simulates smoking. Vodka should make up 5% or less of the volume of the juice.
    VK also sell plain PG, which is useful to have around when mixing, instead of using just VG.
    Fatman likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!