Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Thread: Cravings...

Cravings...

I have read so much on here, and found so much useful info... most of everyone seems to make the switch from cigarettes to vaping seem rather effortless and it makes me wonder if I'm the only one that is fighting cravings???

Today I'm feeling a bit of a failure.... although I didn't actually have a smoke, I would of happily cut off a fluffy kittens ear in exchange for a cigarette.

Did/does any one else still have cravings? What helped you?

I'm currently vaping 18mg with a egoC (twist) /stardust combo - have played around with voltage and found it just makes my juice taste like crap....

Most of the last month has been ok, with just the occasional craving but I have just noticed it to be really really hard for the last few days...

Suggestions???

Avguy and Heavenly like this.
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

I think the only time I ever feel like a ciggy is when I'm watching SBS and you see them light up a smoke in the movie. I just reach for my vape when that happens and think "awwww their smoking!" Other than that I never ever feel like one, even if someone in real life lights up, I don't get the urge. Weird.
    MizzD likes this.

i can only suggest changing something and vaping alot either juice or carto or something, for me trying different things often helped keep vaping intresting, more intresting than cigarettes
    i can honestly say scince the day i bought my first e cig i can remember craving a smoke once, and that was at a pub when all i had on me to vape was cherry flavor juice

i was just talking about this today, whatever it was in gigs that made me crave them like mad i have left behind
    even if i go out and foget my pv or do not vape for hours i still dont get anywhere near the cravings i had from cigarettes
    hang in there mizz, just vape constantly
    you are bigger than those poxy analogs
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

Super Moderator
    Mizz , part and parcel of the giving up fags unfortunately ... your body isnt only addicted to the nic , but a few of the other chemicals in tobacco as well ( also the carbon monoxide .. which gives you the headrush if you havent had a cig in a while )..... IT WILL PASS lol , I have to fight these cravings as well in the past when oscillating between e-cigs and cancer sticks ... parhaps upping your vaping rate or nic concentration for a week or two will compensate , but the cravings will pass if you hold out .
    I feel your pain , but remind yourself all the time about how good you feel now , and the dollars saved ... you will get thru I am sure !

( I always get nervous when a woman mentions cravings for some reason )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I thought about something new, that's how I beat the worst of it today...spent hours at work reading on what else I could try (no work got done this afternoon at all lol).

I don't really rate the vv on the twist, and I think I farked up totally with the lava tube, as I couldn't really work out what I was supposed to do with all the bits I got with it (I just ended up giving up after continuously getting mouthfulls of juice).

I'm not sure where to go from here?
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

i aint sure what vivi you are using but i think unless you know what you want they are a bit of a bollock ache
    i was not too impressed but it will give me something to play about with
    it may help to keep it simple grab a few cartos or drip for a while, anything but driving yourself mad over stinking smokes
    dont be hard on yourself either just laugh coz it will be all over soon
    MizzD likes this.
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    I still smoke every now and then on weekends when I drink otherwise I vape through the week without any problems. So i can't technically say I've quit but im young and out alot so always have smokers around. One day il kick em for good but I've gone from almost a pack a day to maybe 3-7 ciggies a weekend? Less if I dont go out! So yeah it will be hard to kick em completely and I dont necessarily see it as defeat if you have a couple here n there because you have cut down so much and will gradually get to the point where you've completely ditched the darts. I see vaping as a replacement or alternative rather than a quit smoking aid if that makes any sense... But yeah that's just me.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Oh and as others said new kit/hardware and juices will keep it interesting!

Super Moderator
    It does get easier as time progresses, don't worry. Everyone gets cravings, that's where the willpower part of giving up smoking comes into play. There are the occasional days where I would gladly trade a limb for a cigarette but I just pick up my PV and vape away until it passes. Sometimes, I remember how good a cigarette used to taste with a coffee or after a meal and that sort of kickstarts the cravings. I think you just have to have train yourself to not think of these things.

I went and visited a mate the other day 80 k's away fro my house. I packed my little carry pouch things with various tanks, atties and spare batteries and set off. When I arrived, I opened it to have a vape and there was no PV inside! I instantly thought "Ahh, it's ok. He smokes, I can just have a couple while I'm here". Then I realised that I didn't WANT a cigarette, I actually wanted to vape. And then I found a PV in the bottom of my carry bag and all was once again right with the world

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Ok the VV thing is good to set at a certain voltage for the particular carto/clearo/atty you are using & leave it set at that voltage. The whole point is to dial it in to the sweet spot. Once you have found the sweet spot, you don't play with the volts much, maybe if you use a new juice you might play with the volts, usually 0.1 -0.3 volts up or down is enough between flavors. The advantage is in being able to dial it in to your own personal tastes better than a standard ego can & having regulated power, which means the vape is more consistent as the battery runs down.

Now to address the cravings, you are at the point where your body is almost completely over the addiction to the other chemicals in the cigs. These cravings will pass within a week(usually), if you haven't had a cig since you started vaping, then you are doing really great but having 1 cig to see what you are "missing" is not the end of the world. In fact I think it is a good thing to do, when you try a cig after vaping for so long you will find out just how bad cigs are & it will reinforce your decision to stay off the cigs. That will make the cravings easier to deal with.
    GirlyPantz and MizzD like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast