Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: How did everyone approach vaping from analogues?

All out of batteries

How did everyone approach vaping from analogues?

Hi all,just curious as to how people approach the switch from analogues?
    Personally I am telling myself that I am not giving up smoking just smoking a different way with the belief that I will be able to give up the nic but keep on vaping. My wife got me started by giving up cold turkey 5 months ago but then bought an e-cig (and got ripped off) from a temporary stall holder in a Westfields. The kit came with loaded cartomizers of nic but she didn't use them and bought other 0mg menthol carts at $15 for five. She told me that the actual hand to mouth habit and actual seeing smoke (vapour) has eased her cravings considerably.
    Just curious as to others e-cig journey as I read another post about cravings and started to shudder lol.

AVF Regular
    Exactly that mate, havnt given up, just given up all the shit parts of it!
    targaboy likes this.

A friend mentioned ecigs were cheap as piss which started the google search. Found out about all the benifits including the cost benifit.......that was enough for a starter kit. Almost two years later and I'm a bonified vaper, saving a bunch of cash and improving my health.........win win!!!!!!

Cheers
    targaboy likes this.
    Daily Setup: Modded 3400mah FDV iStick, Orchid v4 RTA
    Daily Juice: Vaporeyes - Lazer Lombardi
    In the mail: Vapor Flask DNA40

Goz
    I looked at it as I was giving up smoking but replacing it with another cleaner habit.
    Pretty sure I'm more addicted to the act of vaping and the flavours more than the nicotine these days.
    targaboy likes this.

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke

AVF Regular
    I looked at it like giving up smoking with a miracle cure, because that's what it was for me.

Didn't make the no smoking easier. That was a *****. It just stopped me from going back.
    MizzD and targaboy like this.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

AVF Regular
    Same here. Needed to stop cigarettes because they really were killing me. But the mere thought of actually never smoking again was enough for me to keep doing it, regardless of the implications and how sick I was getting. The mental and psychological hold it had on me was immense.
    Ecigs make it possible. I don't use nicotine at all, so the addiction I've got sorted (mostly), but the habit is the kicker.
    This way I get to 'smoke' and live. Win-win.
    valleyjohn and targaboy like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I first heard about e-cigs on the web, saw some add or something about them & thought "hmm interesting battery operated smokes."
    Then I read up about them for about a month, before deciding to give them a try, by that time I knew I didn't want a cigalike, that I needed to get nic from overseas & wanted a battery that would last most , if not all of the day.
    Then I ordered & haven't looked back. Don't plan to stop vaping, any time soon but I am not a smoker anymore & I don't want to go back to smokes.
    targaboy likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I feel I need to post something here as it was most likely my cravings thread that got you thinking... IMHO you need to look at it as an alternative - and just make the switch.. in the first few days of vaping I had a actual cigarette if I really wanted one. My theory was that I could use the ecig to cut down on real smokes, so I set myself a target for no more than 5 a day. I exceeded that target with most days only having 1 or 2. Before I knew it it had been a week and I hadn't had any so I tried one, it made me want to hurl, after another few drags I actually did hurl. I threw the half a packet that I had out (I had never thought that I could go a day let alone a week!). I reset my sig block to keep an actual record of when I last had a smoke.

I have had good days and bad days in the last week or so - but that said, I vaped my way through them. I found it especially hard at some points as I work with a bunch of smokers and my place of employment makes me go outside with them. But I made it... I have not caved in again and Im pretty proud of that.

I was a 30+ a day smoker for 22 years... and I have not had one in ... see below
    b874, Fatman and targaboy like this.
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

I went in with 0 expectations, Have smoked for 20 years 30+ a day quit on 7 different occasions from 2-7mths and allways gone back, 3 weeks ago I had never heard of vaping and since then ordered a starter kit some nic and flavour, thought to myself I give it a go and see what happen's since I got my nic last friday have had 2 drags of an anolog (Yuk) and I just keep thinking, why would I smoke that when i can vape apple pie I still have no expectations and take it day to day still no urge just a reminder every now and then to grab the ego not the winnies.

I think the most important thing is the support and the vaping community are great, Forums like this are awesome how they give a real insight on how we as smokers or ex-smokers deal with this real issue.
    Fatman, Fatman and targaboy like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by targaboy View Post
    Hi all,just curious as to how people approach the switch from analogues?
    Personally I am telling myself that I am not giving up smoking just smoking a different way with the belief that I will be able to give up the nic but keep on vaping. My wife got me started by giving up cold turkey 5 months ago but then bought an e-cig (and got ripped off) from a temporary stall holder in a Westfields. The kit came with loaded cartomizers of nic but she didn't use them and bought other 0mg menthol carts at $15 for five. She told me that the actual hand to mouth habit and actual seeing smoke (vapour) has eased her cravings considerably.
    Just curious as to others e-cig journey as I read another post about cravings and started to shudder lol.
    Once i got my ecig working right, i found the switch quite easy. It was pretty much instant and the first day off the analogues i was out at a party drinking most of the night.

I've had some days where i have small cravings, but it's all in the head. All i need to do is actually think about the process of lighting up and drawing back on an analogue it puts me off. Then i have a vape and i'm good.

Give it a go, you have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
    targaboy likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast