Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: PG VG ratio when ordering doublers? What?

PG VG ratio when ordering doublers? What?

999,996. Hah.

So I get that there's ratios when ordering premixed.
    And when ordering unflavoured nic.

But then I have to choose what pg/vg ratio I want with doublers? Brainsplode.

So I'm going to mix a 75/25 PGVG 24mg nic base. What happens if I order a 75/25 doubler? Do I get a weird Maths equation? I've looked at the calculators... But that doesn't help me with working out which doubler I need.

Can someone explain what happens when doublers of different pg/vg are added? Please speak very slowly, its like a different language to me...
    gtadmin and targaboy like this.

AVF Regular
    It depends entirely upon what you are mixing them with. You need to put something in your doubler to make it a doubler. If you want it to stay at 75/25 then you would cut it with 3 drops/mls of PG for every 1drop/ml of VG.

Having re-read it it sounds like you might be asking if using 25/75 and mixing it with 25/75 will still leave you with a 25/75 mix? If so then yes it will (provided the contents of the bottles haven't settled or whatever).

I'm not sure on the nicotine, if you mean it's 24mg now, it will be 12mg if you use that to cut your doublers with.

AVF Regular
    If you mix 75%-25% with another 75%-25% item in equal amounts (ie a doubler) you will just get double volume of the product at 75-25% ratio still, and half the nicotine concentration.

With regards other percentages, if you're using a doubler, it's safe to simply add the two sides of both ratios, and divide by 2 again. ie if you mix 75/25 and 80/20, that's (75 + 80) /2 = 77.5, and the rest would be 22.5. So roughly 78%-22%. The nicotine concentration stays halved as normal.
    Last edited by Pleski; 27-08-12 at 06:54 PM.
    gtadmin likes this.

Cool, now it makes sense. Maths and science were my worst subjects. A hundred years ago. Lol.

And by "you need to put something in your doubler to make it a doubler"... You just put the nic juice with the doubler right? Poo. What have I missed?

I've got the 24mg 115ml HC 75/25 VG/PG that's just hit Aussie shores according to auspost. And I'm about to go nuts on the Juicewhore website. That's all I need right? The nic juice plus a doubler? To make 12mg. I just put half nic juice with half doubler?
    Last edited by Heavenly; 27-08-12 at 07:07 PM. Reason: Because I can't type either
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Yep. I wasn't sure if you were starting with 24 mg or wanted 24mg (since that's a fairly low amount of nicotine to mix with and some people actually vape at that strength). But yeah if you have 24mg and want 12mg then 50/50 doubler and nicotine liquid.

It only gets tricky if you buy something like 100mg nicotine liquid as you then also need to add PG and/or VG as well as the doubler and nicotine to dilute it down. So it would be something like 15mls of doubler, 12mls of pg/vg (9mls PG 3mls vg if you want 25/75) and then 3mls of nicotine liquid. It makes it a bit more tricky if you are using three different things and want to stick to a set percentage of PG/VG as if the nicotine is in 100% PG it then throws off the total percentage unless you readjust the amount of PG or VG in the 12mls.
    Heavenly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    Yep. I wasn't sure if you were starting with 24 mg or wanted 24mg (since that's a fairly low amount of nicotine to mix with and some people actually vape at that strength). But yeah if you have 24mg and want 12mg then 50/50 doubler and nicotine liquid.

It only gets tricky if you buy something like 100mg nicotine liquid as you then also need to add PG and/or VG as well as the doubler and nicotine to dilute it down. So it would be something like 15mls of doubler, 12mls of pg/vg (9mls PG 3mls vg if you want 25/75) and then 3mls of nicotine liquid. It makes it a bit more tricky if you are using three different things and want to stick to a set percentage of PG/VG as if the nicotine is in 100% PG it then throws off the total percentage unless you readjust the amount of PG or VG in the 12mls.
    I hade to read this twice for it to make sense. Lol. But it all makes english now. Haha. Cheers.

Yeah, I only smoked 1mg Winfields (pack a day) so I'm going with fairly low strengths. Though 18mg during the height of daytime stress seems a good strength. But blows my face off in the morning. Hah. So I've got a 6mg for that.
    gtadmin likes this.

AVF Regular
    Just to clarify, if you have 115ml of 24mg nic juice, you should only use as much of it as the doubler has. ie if the doubler is 30ml, just use 30ml of nic juice, and put the rest aside. That will give you flavoured juice with 12mg of nic.

If you like the 75/25 mix which your nic has, you should buy your doublers with the same mix.
    Last edited by Pleski; 27-08-12 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Confused myself even
    Heavenly likes this.

AVF Regular
    It's a bit to wrap your head around and it doesn't get that much easier with time. I have been vaping full-time for about a year and a half and the last time I mixed up juices I ended up squirting 11mls of PG straight into my nicotine (it was in a 30 ml bottle so looked like the juices I was making. I now have some nicotine which is of a totally unknown strength (since it wasn't full and still isn't, I think it's about 50/50 original nicotine liquid and the PG so it should be around 50mg).

It's weird as I never fancy a cigarette, yet vaping didn't initially seem to be as strong. But when I have had a fag (due to being out with no battery or an unexpected carto failure with no back up etc) the ciggy doesn't even touch the sides. I like letting smokers have a puff on my VV device set high though to see them cough, but that's just because I'm nasty.
    Heavenly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Quom View Post
    It's a bit to wrap your head around and it doesn't get that much easier with time. I have been vaping full-time for about a year and a half and the last time I mixed up juices I ended up squirting 11mls of PG straight into my nicotine (it was in a 30 ml bottle so looked like the juices I was making. I now have some nicotine which is of a totally unknown strength (since it wasn't full and still isn't, I think it's about 50/50 original nicotine liquid and the PG so it should be around 50mg).

It's weird as I never fancy a cigarette, yet vaping didn't initially seem to be as strong. But when I have had a fag (due to being out with no battery or an unexpected carto failure with no back up etc) the ciggy doesn't even touch the sides. I like letting smokers have a puff on my VV device set high though to see them cough, but that's just because I'm nasty.
    Liked for the nasty. Haha.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleski View Post
    Just to clarify, if you have 115ml of 24mg nic juice, you should only use as much of it as the doubler has. ie if the doubler is 30ml, just use 30ml of nic juice, and put the rest aside. That will give you flavoured juice with 12mg of nic.

If you like the 75/25 mix which your nic has, you should buy your doublers with the same mix.
    I would use an empty 30ml bottle & pour half the doubler into it, then top up with nic from the 115ml bottle, then next time you mix you already have the doubler halved & just top up that bottle with nic.
    Easy way to do it.
    Heavenly likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast