Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: How do you stop spending?

AVF Regular

How do you stop spending?

I cant stop spending. I made my first order 5weeks ago, and after that arrived a few weeks later ive made 4 more orders in the space of about 2 weeks.

I guess my problem is due to not having found a good setup that i'm truly happy/satisfied with so i've found myself constantly ordering new things to try and improve my vaping experience.

Currently i've spent double what i would on analogues (although i've been spending twice as long as ive been vaping).

How does everyone control their spending?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Dont know, let me know when you find out, 18 months on and it has turned into a hobby/addiction

First thing is get something you like and never look at these forums again, as there is always something new and shiny to tempt you.
    floorzone2 and giruvian like this.

AVF Regular
    How do you give up smoking...quit doing it Sell the setups your not happy with mate, at least that will help buy some more..

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    LOL a lot on here don't.

Once you have a PV, doesn't matter what it is( a battery is a battery), then all you really need is a charger, cartos/atties & juice.
    Juice & charger are easy, get a charger that works for your PV & a spare & that's done. Juice can take a while to find the perfect all day vape but most juice tastes better than any analogue ever did.
    That leaves atties/cartos, not I didn't add clearos, because clearos are actually just cartos in a clear tube. So first find out if you prefer atties to cartos orif you prefer a mix of the two in different situations. Then find what is available, do some research & try one or two or threee of each type that interests you.
    Then all you do is buy the ones you like in a big enough supply that you don't need to buy more for 6mths or so, end of spending except on juice.

That is how you do it, buy a PV & be happy with it, knowing that it is just a battery & it is really the juice & the carto/atty that are the variables.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

You can't. This was all a trap.

You should have listened to Kritikal; The The hardware is more addictive than the substance

Muahahahahahahahahaha!

But seriously... open up an excel spread sheet; make 14 columns ;

Shipment #, Date, Months Vaping, Vendor, Order Number, Device Costs, Flavour Costs, Base-Nicotine Costs, Cartridge Costs, DIY Costs, Accessories Costs, Shipping Costs, GST, and Totals.

Make sure you do totals for each column also, so you know how much you spend of which part of vaping. You're going to find if you purchase from overseas that your biggest expenditure is shipping. So try to maintain your purchasing to Australia.

Things are easier to control when you can see what you've spent all nice and neatly in front of you in table form. Give yourself a yearly budget and stick to it.

And just remember that we've all been there. We've all been a little over excited about vaping. Need to learn to enjoy what you've already got.
    Last edited by mavinry4; 28-08-12 at 12:59 PM.
    giruvian, virtualphoenix and b874 like this.

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    You're going to find if you purchase from overseas that your biggest expenditure is shipping. So try to maintain your purchasing to Australia.
    Or you can do what I do & order once every 6mths in a big enough amount that shipping is free
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Or you can do what I do & order once every 6mths in a big enough amount that shipping is free
    Yeh, and then 2 months in they come out with a new type of clearo that even PBusardo thinks is awesome, and the ones that you yourself think are awesome are put at half price, and they've come out with an updated mars bar doubler.

Your 6 month package method would torture me.

CMB
    AVF Regular
    Buy a Provari, Liquinator and a shitload of boges

You won't have to buy anything for a while with that setup....until you start dabbling with rebuildables and get the best vape you have ever had and want more!
    arth_d likes this.

Noe
    Quote Originally Posted by mavinry4 View Post
    Yeh, and then 2 months in they come out with a new type of clearo that even PBusardo thinks is awesome, and the ones that you yourself think are awesome are put at half price, and they've come out with an updated mars bar doubler.

Your 6 month package method would torture me.
    LOL well then I'll let you spend more to get "the latest & greatest", I'll wait for reviews & widespread community testing of "better products" & be happily vaping along at budget prices, using decent gear.
    Essie's Glass DTs

CCC
    The trick is finding the set up that works for you. I found mine pretty early on so all i buy now is juice and replacement stardusts. I usually make 1 order a month and it costs me about $80.
    Pleski and DAWZZY like this.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast