Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: what have I done wrong?

All out of batteries

what have I done wrong?

Hi all again, good timing today - my ego-c deluxe kit arrived along with my clearomisers from vapingmad and some juice kindly donated by PHUKDUP2. My burning question (literally) is this - I filled the clearo with juice carefully avoiding getting any down the centre tube turned it briefly upside down for the wick, let it sit for a minute or two, fired up the ego-c and immediately proceeded to cough my guts up. Then wondered why my hair was on fire? no it wasn't my hair but smelled close to it, tried another vape and didn't cough but the smell of burnt something assaulted my senses once again. I have tried and tried vaping on it since with the same god awful smell. I then grabbed the other ego-c and use the supplied atomiser and tank and all good, albeit with a different juice. HELLLLLLLLLLP.

May just be the primer.... my first few vapes on a new stardust are always shite.
    The user formally known as NewbsRUs

I usesd a Stardust for the 1st time today and had no problems. No primer. Sorry I can't help.
    I am woman hear me roar

All out of batteries
    Quote Originally Posted by MizzD View Post
    May just be the primer.... my first few vapes on a new stardust are always shite.
    Hi MizzD - I've had about 15 hits on it and the same every time - the clearo just screws straight on to the battery? nothing in between?

Super Moderator
    What juice are you putting in it? It may just taste like arse

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Did you use dog hair juice?
    Heavenly likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Sounds like it didnt wick enough before you fired it up , dry burnt wick is nassssty
    sometimes the taste just doesnt come out of the clearo .... I would suggest laying it on its side overnight ( on a piece of paper towel if necessary ) and just let it wick itself properly
    Fire it up tomorrow with just a few short bursts on the button , rather than a long hold , and see if its any better ?
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Not sure what clearomiser you have. We have all assumed Stardust but mapingmad appear to sell something called VM top coil and VM bottom coils and VM mini. Personally I wish VM would just give them their brand name to avoid this type of question. Either way most clearomisers need some time to bed in so stick with it a bit and if necessary do not inhale the first half tank. By then should be OK.

AVF Regular
    Wouldn't happen to be an SD v3 would it?

SD v3s burn some juices that other clearos don't. To me it tastes like burning rubber but I can see someone describing it as burning hair. The taste is nothing like dry wicking or high voltage, its much more awful than that...

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

All out of batteries
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    Not sure what clearomiser you have. We have all assumed Stardust but mapingmad appear to sell something called VM top coil and VM bottom coils and VM mini. Personally I wish VM would just give them their brand name to avoid this type of question. Either way most clearomisers need some time to bed in so stick with it a bit and if necessary do not inhale the first half tank. By then should be OK.
    Thanks valleyjohn it is a VM top coil.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast