Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By a1120028
  • 1 Post By Mick77
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Fatman

Thread: New Vapor needs help...

New Vapor needs help...

Hey guys, I have been vaping about a month and noticed a few things, hoping you can help

I started with an EGO-T which I had to suck on all day to get anything out of so got a cartomizer which is good to a point.

When I first have the few puffs after not using it for awhile it gives me a good throat hit but after that it's like vaping air.
    I have Dekang 24mg Vanilla and had 16 B&H before that. Why after a few drags does it loose its throat hit?
    I've ordered some HG juice, hopefully that's more consistent but I really am not getting satisfied after the first few, any suggestions?

All in all I love it though. Went from a pack a day to 0 since I started vaping. My parent's both got one a week after me and they went from 50 a day to 0. I NEVER thought I'd quit, EVER so all in all it's awesome.
    margyb, Samtron and spud like this.

AVF Regular
    try a clearomiser from Vaping Mad, shes on here, not a fan of the tank system myself on the T...
    Shes really helpful and willstear ya in the right direction..

VapingMad

i used this oneand found itreally good

http://www.vapingmad.com.au/shop/vm-...l-clearomiser/
    Last edited by Mick77; 29-08-12 at 11:07 PM.
    spud likes this.

Super Moderator
    What Mick said
    Clearomisers and ego batts go together really well
    Welcome to the forums and the world of vaping ... who needs friggin ciggies anyhow
    spud likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Cheers. I was thinking of getting the Ego CC I think it is. I didnt realise these things are semi disposable, the one I have has started leaking.

Also what's the deal with variable batteries. Is it the more resistance and voltage on the wire the hotter and bigger the vape is? How do you know what voltage to use or is it trial and error starting at the rated resistance and going up from there?

Super Moderator
    Golden rule of VV ( Variable Voltage ) , Start low and work your way up .
    Different liquids, atomisers/ clearos/ mods will all have different resistances and " Sweet spots" ... all VV does is give you the option to find what is best for you .
    More resistance , generally means tolerates higher voltages .
    Low resistance will perform better at lower ranges .
    All atomisers systems ( apart from the rebuildables) are throwaways , they will all have a limited life , you can extend that life by not abusing them and maintaining them , but eventually they are bin fodder .
    Leakage is just a crap shoot , clearomisers are pretty much leak free, and spill proof , so they are ideal work horses , they also are fairly idiot proof
    Samtron likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    eGo-T system is crap, not going to mince words here.
    Cartos are good & the TH will drop because you become accustomed to it. I find that after eating or drinking something the TH will be more intense too. It is the same for everything I have tried, not just cartos. I think once your mouth/throat gets coated in nic or possibly just the PG/VG juice, you feel the TH hit less.
    Try drinking a bit more water to clear the build up of juice in your mouth & see if that helps.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CCC
    You can get an ego twist battery which is vv to play around with and some stardust clearomizers from vapeking.com.au

AVF Regular
    i've had exactly the same problem as you.

TH leaving after a few puffs and not coming back until i've given it a break.

It has been THE most FRUSTRATING thing for me EVER.

I started two different threads about it. and got 4 different answers.

1) bad luck it's just how it rolls
    2) try menthol to add an artificial Throat Hit, also koolada (the cool sensation without the menthol flavour)
    3) try TH enhancers or Pure Alcohol in your mix (a few drops per clearo tank fill only)
    4) upgrade your gear to genesis tanks and drippers

I had trouble accepting the first option so i went with a combination of options 2 and 4.

I got me some menthol (which has done the job i wanted immediately, i get an artificial cold throat hit, which is best on the first drag after a break, however is consistent enough to always give me a feeling in the back of my throat)

i got me a new Variable Voltage/Wattage Personal Vaporiser with batteries, charger and tools to make shit. (innokin SVD)

I got me 2 rebuildable dripping atomisers and everything needed to rebuild them, that's silica and kanthal wire. I did NOT get the results i wanted with the drippers. The TH problem was the same...good initially but dies after a few puffs and needs a break...except with menthol...now with menthol?? i've been dripping the SHIT out of that there dripper for 2 weeks straight...plenty of ICY Throat Hit. I have a small glimmer of hope that when i learn to build coils properly i can improve things...but i'm a lot more doubtful of this.

I've got a genesis atomiser...i haven't gotten around to rebuilding it...i'll be building it with mesh and kanthal for the first few times. and working it out...i've got all my hopes for TH from my dessert vapes resting on the genesis atomiser and mesh....but i don't hold any high hopes...i think it's gonna be more of what has occurred in the past.

But i've got a shitload of koolada and menthol here and more on the way to boot....so worst comes to worst i'ma have me a menthol vanilla custard fucking apple pie double chocolate with new york cheesecake and irish cream with fucking koolada vape...maybe with a dash of pure grain alcohol just for good measure...cos at least that way i get my damn TH...

end rant.

Edit: shit that ended the conversation pretty quickly....
    Last edited by Samtron; 28-09-13 at 12:52 AM.

I don't need squat for ages, i just went shopping.
    $1800.61 Spent on Vaping so far, stocked up for 2 years @ 8ml/per day.