Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By CCC
  • 1 Post By Jetpants
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By Fatman
  • 1 Post By b874

Thread: easiest way to clean a stardust?

All out of batteries

easiest way to clean a stardust?

Hi all,
    me again with another question, I know the easiest way to clean a stardust is throw it away and use a new one, but how do I go about cleaning a top coil stardust when I want to change juices?
    Touchwood ,Billetbox, Juggy, Lux x 2, BBM steampunk, Bagua, Nemesis, Moon, Popular 2, Poldiac x 2,Roller, GG Stealth, Zen sidewinder, Wizards Apprentice, Chi_you x 2, ProVari V1 and V2, Gus tele, Gus, the vaper V1, the vaper V2

atties - Zag, G- Bell, Foggatti x 2, wand, Spheroid, Steam machine x 2, Cobra x 2, Diver, Hellfire mini, Hellfire Mega, Hellfire Micro Mega, Arrow, Foggatti Hybrid x 2

CCC
    Fill it with warm water, cover the opening with your finger, vigorosly shake, tip out water, repeat until water runs clear, put it on your battery, hold the button down a few times until you see it glowing red under the silicone bit, rinse again with water until it runs clear, flick as much of the water out as you can, let dry over night, should be good as new

Edit - i just chuck the next flavour in, it is fine and there is really no cross contamination for very long, and i only clean them like this when they start to peform poorly (after about 20mls)
    Thereupon, Fatman and targaboy like this.

AVF Regular
    Honestly, my experience suggests its not worth it with v1/ v2 if they're LR. There's a special the read here for all things stardust and a how to clean in the recent pages even.

If v3 just pull apart and rinse with hot water

sent from the future.
    targaboy likes this.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

Super Moderator
    Agreed, water, rinse, shake, rinse, I do prefer to let mine dry a little ( I have plenty of them tho ) fill and go

If you want to get real fancy, or you have a flavour that likes to cling onto wicks , I have an ultrasonic cleaner I cycle them in ... I dry burn only when they need it ( build up of crap on coil etc )
    targaboy likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

All out of batteries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Agreed, water, rinse, shake, rinse, I do prefer to let mine dry a little ( I have plenty of them tho ) fill and go

If you want to get real fancy, or you have a flavour that likes to cling onto wicks , I have an ultrasonic cleaner I cycle them in ... I dry burn only when they need it ( build up of crap on coil etc )
    I have an ultrasonic cleaner too - just use water fatman?
    Touchwood ,Billetbox, Juggy, Lux x 2, BBM steampunk, Bagua, Nemesis, Moon, Popular 2, Poldiac x 2,Roller, GG Stealth, Zen sidewinder, Wizards Apprentice, Chi_you x 2, ProVari V1 and V2, Gus tele, Gus, the vaper V1, the vaper V2

atties - Zag, G- Bell, Foggatti x 2, wand, Spheroid, Steam machine x 2, Cobra x 2, Diver, Hellfire mini, Hellfire Mega, Hellfire Micro Mega, Arrow, Foggatti Hybrid x 2

Super Moderator
    Yep Just water mainly , for a really manky tasting one I will add a splash of white vinegar, the acidity seems to help a little and shifts any greasy leftovers,
    Its not uncommon for me to get a good month or two out of a clearomiser ... the ultrasonic I use mainly AFTER doing a dry burn ... cleans out the little crusties that pop off the coil
    targaboy likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

Is this any type of ultrasonic cleaner, or a fancypants one?

Whenever I've cleaned anything this far all I've done is put the parts in a small Tupperware container with hot water close, shake, empty rinse & repeat as required find it works really well...
    targaboy likes this.

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Best way to clean Stardusts is not to use them in the first place
    They never need cleaning then
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Best way to clean Stardusts is not to use them in the first place
    They never need cleaning then
    Agree use these... VK Comet XL Clearomizer

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2