Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree70Likes

Thread: Newbie Has Some Questions

Newbie Has Some Questions

Hey all

I found this place because today's Zazz is an Eversmoke kit and someone on the forum said they're rubbish and to come here for more info...so here I am. I want to give up smoking desperately and vaping seems like a good way to do it. I've read a few of the basic starter threads and as much as I'd love to read heaps more, I simply don't have the time right now. So I am asking for your help in flattening my learning curve. Here are my questions, any and all help will be much appreciated.

1. What is the best kit/gear to buy for a new vaper. I need specifics: brand, amounts of each component etc
    2. Where is the cheapest place to buy said gear. Local/OS vendors, online/retail etc
    3. How much should I expect to pay for enough gear to get started and keep me going say about one month?

Relevant info that may help:

1. Long-term smoker, approx 25 years
    2. Been on 1mg smokes for around 12-15 years, came down from 16mg
    3. Smoke between 12-20/day, average about 15, up to 20 if I'm stressed

Thanks for reading.

Hey there & welcome u've come to the right place...

My advise is:

Get an eGo Starter Kit
    These are a great ecig you will get the most out of in the beginning without being too big, over complex and have a great battery life they are also a great backup for when you progress to a decent mod if you choose to... Many users get the mini ecig 510 type and soon after get an eGo so you can skip that purchase and go straight to it...
    JuiceWhore Kits - JW Ego C Twist Kit - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice

Get 2 of these Clearomisers
    Cartomisers - Ego CC 2.4ml Cartomiser/Clearomiser - JuiceWhore E-Liquid E-Juice

Order some ejuice these are good places it takes 10-14 days... I can give you some juice to get going
    Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com
    The Finest eLiquid Brands Worldwide
    Rawr Vapor: Home page
    https://www.vermillionriverejuice.com/

Some info links

The Wonderful World of Vaping | Vaping Guides to the Electronic Cigarette
    What are the most benefits that you are seeing changing to vaping from analogs?
    Positive side effects of vaping t94

Any Qs ask away...
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and Verbatim like this.

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

ill give u my opinion. there is no real general consesus other then welcome!

1. What is the best kit/gear to buy for a new vaper. I need specifics: brand, amounts of each component etc
    You will quickly learn everyone has different opinions. I believe its good to start with an eGo battery, maybe some cartomisers and atomizer and a clearomizer.
    Electronic Cigarette Starter Kits eCig Starter Kits any of the eGo starter kits will be fine IMO
    2. Where is the cheapest place to buy said gear. Local/OS vendors, online/retail etc.
    Problem is nicotine is banned in Australia. 2 ways you can do it.
    - Buy unflavoured nicotine online lets say for you id recommend maybe 12mg which when mixed with a doubler gives u 6mg - 10ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 10ml] - $2.80 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail or you could get larger bottles. You can then mix with Australian made ejuice called "doublers"
    - Buy premixed from Mtbakervapor.com or healthcabin.net or pinkspotvapors etc just search the forum

3. How much should I expect to pay for enough gear to get started and keep me going say about one month?

I reckon around the $100 mark gets u going, from then on if u dont want to try new flavours and new devices. Depending how much u vape it could only be like a few bucks a week.

It is definately worth the transition, once u get past day 7 u'll never look back! i cringe at the thought of thinking about smoking.
    Big pluses for me
    - No Smell
    - Vape anywhere (including inside)
    - Awesome flavours (lemon meringue, apple, grape whatever u can think of they have it (even clove))
    Verbatim likes this.
    Mods:Silverbullet - JIB Mini - VTube - Alpha Ultra - iTaste - Kick
    Vaping Since May 27th 2012

AVF Regular
    Hi there and WELCOME

try this for a starter kit--------------->Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit ...Easy to use and basically fool-proof, has everything you need to get started except juice......you will need to order premixed flavoured nic liquid from overseas try Healthcabin or Heaven's gifts
    kritikal and Verbatim like this.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Super Moderator
    That Someone on Zazz was ME LOL !!!
    Bloody rubbish they are trying to pass off LOL
    I concur with the above posts ... an Ego and clearos are the best place to start
    feel free to ask any specific questions ... and WELCOME !!!
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

b874, tigerman, PHUCKDUP2 and Fatman thank you very much for your replies and links, very helpful. I will follow those links and do more reading later tonight, then probably come back with more questions!

Super Moderator
    Oh and verbatim , we are a very friendly bunch on here , if you list your location , you might find there is a forum member close to you that can perhaps help you out in regard to nic and trying Quality vaping gear
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and Verbatim like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    First of all welcome

Now to the questions:

Any eGo or eGo clone type device is a good place to start.

2. Where is the cheapest place to buy said gear. Local/OS vendors, online/retail etc
    Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Everything you need, all in one place, including nic juices.

To put an exact figure on it, how much are you willing to spend?
    That is the real question here, you could spend as little as $50-$60+ postage or with a bigger budget of say $150-$200 you could get better equipment, more different things to try & save money on postage.
    For an average though, $100 should set you up nicely, with enough juice for maybe 2 months.

So what to buy with your $100?
    These are a very cheap option for a starter kit & I have heard no complaints from those that use them here, get 2 of these, because you need 2 batteries & having a spare charger is good to have in case the first one breaks(rare but happens):
    eGo K Vision(CE4/StarDust) Compact Kit [B-A9 eGo K] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Each kit contains:
    1pc eGo K 1100mAh Battery (good for all day use)
    1pc Clear Vision eGo Clearomizer V2 (AKA Stardust)
    1pc 420mah eGo Fast USB charger

1 or 2 packs of these in Stainless Steel & Low Resistance (LR):
    5pc 1.4ml Boge 510D XXL Empty Cartomizer(2 colors)

1 or 2 of these:
    3.5ml Tube for 510 DCT Cartomizers MOD

1 of these:
    eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) [F-D7 DC TypeCD] - $2.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

You want juice right? 6 - 10 of these 10ml juices in 18mg/ml (maybe 1 or 2 in 24mg ) strength, any flavor you like:
    Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette
    OR
    1 bottle of this in 36mg PG base (75%PG+25%VG) you will need to order doublers(from Aussie vendors) or flavor concentrates(HC or Aussie vendors) to use with this :
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $17.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

A drip tip or 2 or 3 :
    Drip Tips for 510/901 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

1 of these:
    Universal AC-USB Adapter [HS Charger] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

3 or 4 of these mixing bottles in 30ml size:
    Empty Ejuice Bottle(childproof) [F-F4] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

2 of these 10ml size:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml 20ml 30ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [F-F3] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

1 bottle of PG:
    115ml PROPYLENE GLYCOL USP(PG) [Z6 PG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

1 bottle of VG:
    115ml Vegetable Glycerin USP (VG) [Z7 VG] - $3.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

If you choose to get unflavored nic & want to mix your own flavors 5-10 10ml bottles of flavor:
    Flavour : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    OR
    Doublers or flavor concentrates from Aussie vendors.

Total cost from $80 -$110 + postage, depending on what you choose if I have said 1-2 or 6-10 etc.

Edit: When ordering from HC, choose the EMS shipping option(normally faster) & you should have everything you need in under 2 weeks.
    Last edited by Noe; 04-09-12 at 03:09 PM.
    Verbatim likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

welcome verbatim, after ordering ya gear take sum time read some threads and hang out with us here to learn more about vaping
    Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see.....im off to the PUB

All out of batteries
    Quote Originally Posted by PHUCKDUP2 View Post
    Hi there and WELCOME

try this for a starter kit--------------->Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit ...Easy to use and basically fool-proof, has everything you need to get started except juice......you will need to order premixed flavoured nic liquid from overseas try Healthcabin or Heaven's gifts
    I fully agree with the above, I bought the 1000mAh kit one week ago from the same vendor and terrific service - pay the $15.00 for platinum postage and if you are in a metro area you should have it the next day (I did). The experienced people on this forum are great and do not treat you like an idiot for not knowing the basics - I haven't seen anyone get shot down yet for any question. In saying this the bastards will probably read this and do me over on my next question lol (just kidding they are a good bunch).
    Touchwood ,Billetbox, Juggy, Lux x 2, BBM steampunk, Bagua, Nemesis, Moon, Popular 2, Poldiac x 2,Roller, GG Stealth, Zen sidewinder, Wizards Apprentice, Chi_you x 2, ProVari V1 and V2, Gus tele, Gus, the vaper V1, the vaper V2

atties - Zag, G- Bell, Foggatti x 2, wand, Spheroid, Steam machine x 2, Cobra x 2, Diver, Hellfire mini, Hellfire Mega, Hellfire Micro Mega, Arrow, Foggatti Hybrid x 2

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast