Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Help a N00B figure out all the options

Help a N00B figure out all the options

Hey guys need some help. I've been vaping for a month or so and love it so far but.....
    I started with an Ego-T, ditched the atty and am using a strardust type clearomiser, the one with no visible wick.
    I have to suck the guts out of it to get any real hit. Am wondering what would be good to use if I wanted a good strong throat hit? I am also looking for something I don't have to draw on for ever to get anything decent out of it.
    So many options it's hard to work out what's what, any help would be appreciated.

Super Moderator
    I think the next logical step in the learning curve for you is maybe a DCT 3ml tank setup?
    I like this one from VM , but they are much of a muchness
    DCT 3.5ml System |

Ok Cartos will clog up on you eventually and are throwaways , but they are a nice vape
    Not so good if you are into changing flavours every three minutes tho
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

They sound ok, the connection doesn't look right though, I only have an Ego-T standard battery. Not much chop I know but I'm reluctant to buy heaps of stuff till I know where I'm going with it. I hear all this stuff about Povari and VV batteries, confusing mostly but I'm getting there slowly. I'm just glad I got rid of the god awful standard ego atty.
    Another question I have is what is a drip tip and do you vape the same way with them as a normal cart or atty?

Super Moderator
    I have mine on an ego-t batt as we speak ... they use the inside thread of the battery pole to screw onto , not covered like as in a clearo .

OK a drip tip is simply the mouthpiece , and in some systems , it is easily removeable to allow you to drip liquid straight onto the exposed wick and coil of an atomiser ... this is called "Dripping" , and hence the removable bit is called a drip tip

I should add , these atomisers are not like the ones you are used to ... they are tubes with the coil and wick in the bottom in a ceramic cup usually , or certain rebuildables where the wick is easily gotten at ... Dripping gives the best flavour , but its an art , nowadays , most clearos/cartomisers do a good job and hold a lot of liquid , so dripping is falling out of fashion a little .
    Last edited by Fatman; 06-09-12 at 07:03 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

AVF Regular
    I'd personally try the v3 "stardusts" they have a long wick
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and Fatman like this.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

I've just been looking at a few and my main "want" is a good strong hit and "drag". I used to smoke strong cigs and feel at times like I'm vaping air even with 24mg/ml. Sorry for all the questions but what's the advantage of a "dual coil" cartomizer as opposed to a standard clearomizer. Thanks for the help BTW

Super Moderator
    Dual coils just give a higher surface area within the cartomiser to be exposed to the heat ... helps with wicking a little ( just my opinion )
    the lower resistance the coil the hotter the vape will be , but also the more quickly it is likely to crap out on you .
    If you do go the tank and carto route , grab a few different ones 1.5 ohm 2.0 ohm ... to see which ones suit you .... the 3.0hm ones are more for variable voltage vaping at higher loads than your ego will provide
    Remember when setting up the tank for the first time , you should pre-soak juice into the carto, fill the fibres up , and then put it into the tank before you vape

Ok cool. I have been looking at so much stuff it all starts to look tha same after awhile. I found some lavatube V2 kits that look pretty good. Seem to do the lot and arn't too expensive. I might give one of those a go with the DCT or CE4 tips.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by a1120028 View Post
    I've just been looking at a few and my main "want" is a good strong hit and "drag". I used to smoke strong cigs and feel at times like I'm vaping air even with 24mg/ml. Sorry for all the questions but what's the advantage of a "dual coil" cartomizer as opposed to a standard clearomizer. Thanks for the help BTW
    Ok 24mg/ml should give a good TH, I have not tried Stardusts but I have tried a few different CE2's which are similar with a top coil config., I never liked them so trying a SD was no point as far as I could tell.
    Anyway, punched Boges in a tank like FatHead(look at that avatar) suggested will work better for you. They tend to give more flavor, fog & TH than SDs do from what I have been reading.

The other option is the CE3 bottom coil clearomizers, AKA Comets. These are really good but have a bit of a higher learning curve than Boges. They require a syringe to fill & must be filled upside down but they produce more fog than a Boge with the TH & flavor about the same. I prefer them at home but when out & about I prefer the Boges in a tank, because using a syringe in public is not something I want to be seen doing.
    I think you should try both the LR Boges+ tank & these or you can get LR Boges without the tank to see which you like better before ordering a tank. One thing though make sure you get XXL LR Stainless Steel Boges, not colored & not the shorter ones or they won't fit a 3.5ml or 6ml tank & if they are colored you will have to strip them back to SS to use them in a tank. The shorter ones will fit in a 4.5ml tank but I'll stop confusing you now lol
    Heres the link to get the Comets & you can get Boges from the same vendor:
    VK Comet XL Clearomizer
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by a1120028 View Post
    Ok cool. I have been looking at so much stuff it all starts to look tha same after awhile. I found some lavatube V2 kits that look pretty good. Seem to do the lot and arn't too expensive. I might give one of those a go with the DCT or CE4 tips.
    Got a link to those LT V2 kits?
    They are probably not the real V2, that we have heard about but rather a V1.2 or some clone.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast