Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Another newbie

AVF Regular
    Boge LR cartos are Cartomisers with ( low resistance = LR ) which produce a hotter vapor but die quicker.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Cheerz Bugzme. I am still trying to work out what's the difference between VG and PG in terms of quantities.

I am going to try get PG and VG locally. I've heard supermarkets have them sometimes. Dunno if that's correct though.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by necrofrantic View Post
    Cheerz Bugzme. I am still trying to work out what's the difference between VG and PG in terms of quantities.

I am going to try get PG and VG locally. I've heard supermarkets have them sometimes. Dunno if that's correct though.
    You can buy PG from a chemist, VG from Coles or Woolies OR buy them from a local vendor (I get mine from Sydney based VapeKing)

More stupid questions, so if I got the 36mg nicotine and it's 75% VG and 25% PG, am I right in thinking if I mix it drop for drop with say umm PG, that will have the nicotine mgs? I have read tonnes of stuff online and am still confused if I have bought the right thing. (or what the hell I am doing lol)

Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    You can buy PG from a chemist, VG from Coles or Woolies OR buy them from a local vendor (I get mine from Sydney based VapeKing)
    Thanks Excellent forum.

Super Moderator
    No stupid questions. If you mix 10ml of plain PG with 10ml of your 36mg nicotine juice, you end up with 20ml of 18mg nicotine strength with a 62PG38VG ratio. That PG could be a double flavoured PG also.

Hi & welcome you should get plenty answers here... have you checked this The Wonderful World of Vaping | Vaping Guides to the Electronic Cigarette is quite extensive...

You can use eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator to work out mixes I wouldn't worry too much about PG / VG or VG / PG need to try the various ratios and find what works or what doesn't 70PG / 30 VG seems to work best for me even 50/50 haven't tried 100VG but really want to so it's not fixed just get some plain PG & VG and mix as required to get you desired nic mg & try different ratios obviously in small batches so get lots of small 5-10ml bottles...

When did you order ur nic?

Ask away as needed...

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

Cheerz B874. Ordered everything 4am this morning. Grabbed the nicotine from HC and used the fast shipping. At the moment I have started nicabate lozenges to tide me over. Cold turkey was a killer lol

I am guessing the EGO will turn up Tuesday/Wednesday and the other gear the week after...

I did grab a no nicotine ejuice with the ego kit.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    I haven't been able to find PG in a pharmacy and I haven't heard good things about supermarket VG, apparently it has an off taste.

Besides, you can get pharmacy grade PG & VG from your favourite vendor at the fraction of the cost.

Cheerz B874. Ordered everything 4am this morning. Grabbed the nicotine from HC and used the fast shipping. At the moment I have started nicabate lozenges to tide me over. Cold turkey was a killer lol

I am guessing the EGO will turn up Tuesday/Wednesday and the other gear the week after...

I did grab a no nicotine ejuice with the ego kit.
    I wouldn't stress yourself on trying to stop right away, no need to piss off your family & friends all the while being in an irritable state!
    If you can do it, why not, but don't feel forced to do so.

Once you get vaping you won't have much of a hard time. Provided you're satisfied with your setup, you won't have much trouble at all.
    I occasionally had the urge for a smoke but a quick vape would generally sort you out. All you need is that ever so small amount of willpower and the rest will fall in to place, at least, that's what I found and most other will agree. I imagine you will find it easier than me too.

If you want to smoke in the time being, go for it! One week won't make much of a difference to your health but it's ultimately your choice.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Cheerz

I am in Blacktown, work in Parra.
    Gday Necrofrantic. How's Parra these days? Was a good place to grow up for me.

I'm a newbie too, but been off analogue ciggies for nearly two weeks. I bought some nic unflavoured from these guys - https://litecigs.com/ - don't know how they did it, but it turned up in a couple of days. You can only get tiny bottles (5ml), but I cut (48mg) that with VG 2 to 1 and get easily a weeks worth. Not sure if that's normal.

I don't think you'll be sorry. Like I say, I'm a newbie too, but, I've got a nearly full pack of analogues with me all the time (for Bludgers, cause there's always a few of them) and I haven't even looked like lighting one up.

Go for it mate! I reckon you'll be happy as Larry.

Ben

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast