Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Hey guys, 2nd attempt at e-cigs/vaping... after some advice regarding NJOY

Hey guys, 2nd attempt at e-cigs/vaping... after some advice regarding NJOY

Hi Guys,

I'm in QLD, wondering two things:

1) Will I have any problems importing Njoy e-cig to QLD?
    1a) Is there a local seller around Brisbane?

2) Has anyone tried njoy how are they? I'm looking to switch from cigs to e-cig, found e-cigs in the past (Tried a Totally Wicked 510) and couldn't get into it. I believe its due to having to press a button and it being too bulky. For whatever reason I find the njoy being the shape/size/dimensions of a normal cig will help. Also I take it, its activated via dragging on it like a normal cig rather than holding on a cig? If so this will all be positives in my mind for helping my switch from cigs to e-cigs... And hopefully off nicotine for good. Currently on patches, which help the cravings but need the e-cig to help sort the psychological addiction...

Not after addiction advice but more the performance on the e-cig etc.

Thanks

welcome pengoau
    my two bob's worth,
    maybe give the cig a like type a swerve and get something with maximum vapor production
    you have quit smoking so no need to pretend you still do, its better to get the nic fix you need
    i started with an ego-t its a decent starting point i am sure there are better models now, looks more like a cigar than a cig, but that dont matter
    i have not touched a cig scince i picked up my first e cig, never wanted one either
    i dont put this down to will power, its simply i did not feel the need to smoke because the hit i was getting from the ego was fine
    some of the more senior members will no doubt have some better alternatives to suggest, but all i can say it it worked for me
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

AVF Regular
    My thoughts are, go here------> eCig | Electronic Cigarettes | e-Cig Accessories | eJuice Australia , get this --------> Ultimate eCigarette Starter Kit , in 2 days, delivery time from them, then go to Healthcabin or Heaven's Gifts and get some juice.....forget the cig-a-likes they are a waste of time(my thoughts only)......

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    Hi Pengoau, you asked for advice on a specific type of ecig, so here is my advice and hopefully it will help. Also you should have no problem with importing.

Haven't tried njoy, but if you go to healthcabin links below for cigalike you will find these are cheap and work well. Later you may decide to go for the bigger batteries suggested above, which are better but that's not what you asked.

Short 510 battery auto and manual versions
    [Joyetech] 65mm (Short) Joye 510 Auto/Manual Battery [A-A2 Joye510 65mm] - $8.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Long 510 battery auto and manual versions
    [Joyetech] 90mm (Long)Joye 510 Auto/Manual Mega Battery [A-A3 Joye510 90mm] - $9.60 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Charger - pretty important
    [Joyetech] USB Charger for Joye510/306 Batteries [A-B0 Joye510 Charger] - $5.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Prefilled boge cartos - if you don't want to muck about with filling with juice
    5pc Boge 510D Prefilled Cartomizer in 16 Flavors [G-A9 BG 510D Prefilled] - $5.50 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Empty boge cartos - if you do want to, way cheaper
    5pc Boge 510D Empty Cartomizer(7 colors)

Juice - various nicotine and flavours
    10ml Dekang Tbaco E-juice in 35 flavors [Z1 DEKANG 10] - $2.80 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

Super Moderator
    I can only echo the ditch the cig-alike sentiments expressed above , and espescially auto versions ( the ones without a manual button that rely on inhale pressure to light up .... They are notoriously unreliable in my opinion )

Ego and clearomiser all the way for newbies ... you get enough nic to ditch the fags , and its usually reliable enough and robust enough to keep on keeping on ... make sure you have at least two or three of everything ...equipment failure will drive you straight back to the cigs

if you MUST have cig alikes .. the 510's Adam linked are probably the best of the bunch ... as you would be ordering from overseas , please make sure you have enough of everything to get you thru a possible 4-6 week wait ( not unheard of on the slow boat from china )

I really , really hate cig alikes lol .. they seem to suck people in to vaping , and no doubt turn a lot off them with their fiddlyness , small battery capacity , and unreliability

Just my 0.02c
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by pengoau View Post
    Hi Guys,

I'm in QLD, wondering two things:

1) Will I have any problems importing Njoy e-cig to QLD?
    1a) Is there a local seller around Brisbane?

2) Has anyone tried njoy how are they? I'm looking to switch from cigs to e-cig, found e-cigs in the past (Tried a Totally Wicked 510) and couldn't get into it. I believe its due to having to press a button and it being too bulky. For whatever reason I find the njoy being the shape/size/dimensions of a normal cig will help. Also I take it, its activated via dragging on it like a normal cig rather than holding on a cig? If so this will all be positives in my mind for helping my switch from cigs to e-cigs... And hopefully off nicotine for good. Currently on patches, which help the cravings but need the e-cig to help sort the psychological addiction...

Not after addiction advice but more the performance on the e-cig etc.

Thanks
    Njoy are expensive junk IMO. If you really want a cigalike follow AdamT's advice, you will be much happier & it'll better off for your wallet.

However I would recommend these kits from the same place instead, grab 2 so you have a spare charger & battery, at this price they are good value:
    eGo K Vision(CE4/StarDust) Compact Kit [B-A9 eGo K] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail

I would also get the cartos & juice on Adam's list, if you are using patches & don't want nic juice, then get the 0mg/ml flavored juice. If instead you want to try vaping with nic & save yourself a lot of money on patches, then go for the 18mg/ml juice.

Edit: Oh & get at least 10 x 10ml juices, that will last you around 1 month, also get various flavors, even some you may think are going to be weird to vape, like fruits. Most people find that the tobacco type flavors are not nice but get maybe one or two of those to try, a menthol &/or mint & the rest in flavors that you like to drink/eat. Coffee flavor is one a lot of people don't like much too so don't get too many of those types.
    Last edited by Noe; 11-09-12 at 07:41 PM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

CCC
    You wont have probs importing anything. The only vendor i know of in brizzy is vapingmad. The njoy may get you off the smokes but you will want to upgrade shortly after. Most if not all of us did.
    g12528 and London Fog like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCC View Post
    You wont have probs importing anything. The only vendor i know of in brizzy is vapingmad. The njoy may get you off the smokes but you will want to upgrade shortly after. Most if not all of us did.
    lol ordered my provari on week 2
    CCC and Mick77 like this.
    ...at 6 foot 6 and a hundred tons, the undisputed king of the slums...

The NJOY is what is known as a 4081 type ecig. Refers to the size of battery connection. This makes it incompatible with 95% of 510 compatible cartomisers, clearomisers etc etc. But so saying you clearly do not at this stage want the button thingy to press and to have a more realistic transition from smoking to vaping. You could go the route suggested by AdamT above and try the automatic 510 batteries which are then compatible with the bulk of accessories. When I started I used the NJOY clone sold by Halo in the UK (smokers angel) which actually worked better for me than the 510, if fact I still use it sometimes. The catch with that and the NJOY is the prohibitive cost of prefilled cartomisers. In the end I imported blank 4081 cartomisers from the US for about 1$ each and used ejuice from Health Cabin to refill them. But initially if you got a NJOY or Halo you can still refill the cartomisers that come with them several times with your own juice. By that stage you will probably be wanting to move onto a better performing device such as the Ego C or an Ego setup using clearomisers. Anyway at this stage it is more important that you make the break with smokes so get whatever in the short term works for you then move on as you become more comfortable with vaping.

If you want to try the UK Halo you can get them from http://www.haloecigarette.com/ (they are based on the Gold Coast) but be warned the prices are way steep but may be cheaper than importing NJOY. Also they are no nicotine being sold in Australia to people who cannot be trusted to handle such a deadly chemical (heavy irony intended) but you could phone him to see if he can suggest a way of getting the nicotine cartos.
    Last edited by valleyjohn; 11-09-12 at 08:56 PM.
    gtadmin and Fatman like this.

Hi Guys,

I've tried something like a 510 from Totally Wicked before (http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.co....-products.html) and don't like the size of it (like a cigar) or the fact you have to press a button. I also found I couldn't really draw a lot of vapor from it unless pressing down on the button for a long while. I'd spend too much time trying to get a vape rather than just dragging like a cig. So it ended up sending me back to the cigs, I just light up and take a drag and bam. Just works. I don't have much patience these days.

What I'm after is a cig-alike as you put it, as a form of therapy to help me quit smoking. I do light up a cig every 3 days but between that I'm on a patch.

I'm looking at a combined NRT with the use of the e-cig to totally give up nicotine for good hopefully. For what its worth the patches I'm on are quite cheap since I get it via script

The reason why I'm interested in the Njoy is it attacks the psychological nature of smoking, it looks like a cig, feel like a cig, tastes and operates like a cig. The problem with the 510/totally wicked tornadoes are they are too big and/or operate not like a normal cigarette.

I was hoping to get some recommendations from others in regards to what is a good e-cig for ciga-like. From what I can tell the Njoy is the best of that type of product. Good to know I should have no problems importing it and its cartridges that contain the nicotine liquids.

I have tried the larger devices and found them to be lacking for my needs for no better other way to put it and make me switch back to cigs, so defeats the point of the e-cig!

Anyway reading the posts here I think the Njoy might be just what I need for now.

Thanks again
    Last edited by pengoau; 12-09-12 at 10:05 AM.
    valleyjohn and CCC like this.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast