Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Looking at the My7s One Kit to start

Looking at the My7s One Kit to start

Hi everyone,

Completely new to vaping and the entire scene. Have been looking around for several hours at all the brands, devices and even methods of vaping and have decided I want the cig-alike models. I'm assuming they're roughly the same size, maybe a little bigger, than a normal cigarette.

I've looked around for something like this and have found the My7's One Battery Kit:
    No 7 One Battery Kit

Has anyone had any experience with these?

I have a few questions:
    • Do the cartomizer's come with nic juice pre-loaded?
    • Would this kit be OK for a noob?
    • Whats the average amount of 'cigarettes' I can get out per cart?

Battery life/charging isn't really a problem. I work at a computer all day, and spend most of my night at a computer anyway. (Neck-beard much?)

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions throughout the day, but these are my main questions.

Many thanks in advance

EDIT: On average I smoke a pack of 25's a day.

I'm also looking for a kit that comes in a decent protective case, similar to these:
    http://www.my7s.com/square-charging-case.html
    or
    http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=78
    Last edited by AusSTY; 12-09-12 at 03:16 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by AusSTY View Post
    Hi everyone,

Completely new to vaping and the entire scene. Have been looking around for several hours at all the brands, devices and even methods of vaping and have decided I want the cig-alike models. I'm assuming they're roughly the same size, maybe a little bigger, than a normal cigarette.

I've looked around for something like this and have found the My7's One Battery Kit:
    No 7 One Battery Kit

Has anyone had any experience with these?

I have a few questions:
    • Do the cartomizer's come with nic juice pre-loaded?
    • Would this kit be OK for a noob?
    • Whats the average amount of 'cigarettes' I can get out per cart?

Battery life/charging isn't really a problem. I work at a computer all day, and spend most of my night at a computer anyway. (Neck-beard much?)

I'm sure I'll think of some more questions throughout the day, but these are my main questions.

Many thanks in advance
    i think this is a kr type kit, i had something like this when i started and it was terrible, if i wanted a ciggie-like i would go a joye 510 t manual kit. but still would rather go a ego get with stardust- perfect noob kit
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Super Moderator
    Hi AusSTY .. there are plenty of kits out there that will turn you OFF e-cigs lol .. they are usually like this one , overpriced cheap cigs , with flashy marketing .
    The kit you linked to will certainly not give you a great experience to get off the ciggies ... for one , it only has one battery , so you will have to go without while recharging , and if the battery stuffs up , you are in for a wait to re-order one .

The Std advice around here is to pick up a starter kit from one of the aussie vendors ( if you cant wait a week or two for overseas stuff to ship )
    I would recommend ( like above) That you grab an aGo or ego clone and what are called clearomisers , make sure you have at least 2 batteries and 2-3 clearomisers ...more is better in case something goes wrong
    I can recommend Ozvape , Vaping Mad , Vapebar , ecigmodshop , e-cig-S.A. com to name a few .... all have good starter kits and the owners will address any concerns you might have , unlike a lot of flashy rebranders with good marketing

ANYONE http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php#vendors is a good place to start .... support those who support us , plus you can reach em through here anytime
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by my7s
    Cartomizer is the equivalent to approximately 25-30 cigarettes
    Just marketing spin. IMO the pre-filled cartomizer would probably last an hour or two of moderate use before requiring refilling.. and i don't think many people would smoke a pack of 25-30 cigarettes in the same time. The cig-look-alikes promise a lot of unrealistic things.

If your heart is set on the look a likes go for it.. but if you are at a computer a lot, you might as well get an ego-650mah that can be plugged into the usb port charging and used at the same time.

Two of the bigger chinese suppliers... kinda easier to grab a kit and some nicotine juice in 1 order from china... starting out.
    Best electronic cigarettes_ecigarettes_eliquids_ejuices - Heaven Gifts
    Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    The trouble with most of us is that we would rather be ruined by praise than saved by criticism - Norman Vincent Peale

Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    i think this is a kr type kit, i had something like this when i started and it was terrible, if i wanted a ciggie-like i would go a joye 510 t manual kit. but still would rather go a ego get with stardust- perfect noob kit
    Noob alert: Sorry, whats a KR type kit?

Thanks for the heads up on the joye kit. Looking now. I'm trying to stay away from the larger permanent marker sized vaporisers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    ANYONE http://forums.aussievapers.com/forum.php#vendors is a good place to start .... support those who support us , plus you can reach em through here anytime
    Thanks Fatman, looking now. Anyone in here got a specific preference on aussie resellers?

I've updated my OP to show my average cigarettes per day and a bit more into what I'm looking for.

I'm also looking for a kit that comes in a decent protective case, similar to these:
    http://www.my7s.com/square-charging-case.html
    or
    http://www.joyetech.com/product/details.php?gno=78
    Last edited by AusSTY; 12-09-12 at 03:16 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by my7s
    "Cartomizer is the equivalent to approximately 25-30 cigarettes"

That is absolute crap, I am not going to water it down.
    A standard length Boge Carto(almost the same as the cartos used in that kit), completely filled, would last me about 1 hour of vaping.
    Putting that aside for a moment, 1 cigarette has aprox 1mg of nicotine in it. So to vape 30 cigs worth of nicotine I would need to vape 30mg of liquid nic & since I vape 18mg/ml that means 2ml of juice aprox., which is enough for some vapers to vape for a full day, for me it is closer to half a day's worth of juice(8hrs aprox).
    So unless those cartomizers are holding more juice inside than they appear to be able to from the outside ( think DR Who's TARDIS) or unless they are holding dangerously high nic concentrations, they are not going to be the equivalent of 25-30 smokes.

Now that is out of the way, lets look at cost, for $30 that kit includes:
    1 MICRO Lithium Ion Rechargeable Battery with Amber LED
    4 Cartomizers
    1 USB Charger
    Compartmental Storage Box yay more junk to hoard LOL

For $4 more ($34) you could get this kit:
    2pc Joye 510 atomizers (2.2 ohm)
    2pc Joye 510 mega manual batteries (280mAh) get the manual batteries too many problems with autos
    5pc Joye 510 Cartridges (Marl 16mg) most vapers detest carts & quickly change to another delivery system
    1pc Joye eGo Flat Mini Wall USB Adapter(US/EU)
    (AU or UK plugs are available for UK or Australian customers )
    1pc Joye 510 USB charger
    1pc English Instruction manual
    [Joyetech] Joye 510 Mega Starter Kit(280mAh Manual Battery)

Which has 2 cigalike batteries, not just 1, which you will be frequently changing & charging BTW & a wall charger, that the other kit does not have. If you go this way also get the Boge cartos below.

OR you could buy the parts individually:
    2x [Joyetech] 90mm (Long)Joye 510 Auto/Manual Mega Battery [A-A3 Joye510 90mm] - $9.60 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    1x [Joyetech] USB Charger for Joye510/306 Batteries [A-B0 Joye510 Charger] - $5.00 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    1x 5pc Boge 510D Empty Cartomizer(7 colors) 1 carto will last aprox 1 week each, I would get at least 2 packs of these

Which will get you 1 extra batt & 1 extra carto for about the same $30 as the kit you mentioned.

Alternatively you could save yourself a lot of frustration & extra expense by forgetting about the cigalikes & getting an eGo style kit, which will give a more satisfying vape & allow you to go out visiting or shopping etc. & your batts won't die on you as quickly.
    Here's what I recommend :
    1 or 2 packs of these 5pc Boge 510D Empty Cartomizer(7 colors)
    2 of these eGo K Vision(CE4/StarDust) Compact Kit [B-A9 eGo K] - $18.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    10x 10ml bottles of these in 18mg/ml Dekang E-juice/E-liquid for Ecigarette get various flavors , 1 or 2 Tobacco, 1 or 2 mint/menthol & a selection of others.

The above will cost aprox $80, $30 of which is on juice which you would need with the other kits, so $20 more than the kit you mentioned but the advantages are 6 extra cartos, 2 Clearo Stardust tanks, 1 extra charger (spare for emergencies), 2 1000mah batteries as opposed to 1 200mah battery.
    That will be enough to get you started cheaply but there is more that can be added to this list if you want to get started properly right away, without having to order twice.
    Stoney, valleyjohn, AdamT and 2 others like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    G'day again AusSTY ... If you have to go with the cigalikes , the 510 is probably the better of the bunch ...you will find a lot of Aussie vendors here dont sell cigalikes , and there is a reason for it lol ... they want you to have the best vaping experience , without too many hassles
    The kits that look like cigarettes and cigarette packet type case all have very limited battery life , and as a midrange smoker at 25 a day , you are gonna be chewing thru the cigalike batteries as they only last a couple of hours , and in reality only 2 hours tops before the performance is dropping off .
    The Texta sized ones as you put it easily last 6-8 hours ( say 900 mah battery compared to 180-280mah for cigalikes) and give good vapour thru most of that timeframe .
    Is it just aestetics for your veering away ?
    ego types and a screw off clearomiser fit in a case smaller than a regular cig packet , so portability isnt an issue ?

I hope your vaping journey is a good one ( I do kinda think you will drift onto the bigger ones , or will be frustrated by the cigalikes , we have all been there tho )
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Super Moderator
    P.S. I love you Noe.... you save me typing soooo much ... AusSty the links Noe gave you above are great

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    P.S. I love you Noe.... you save me typing soooo much ... AusSty the links Noe gave you above are great
    Where's my "likes" then?
    Obviously don't love me that much
    Stoney, CCC and Fatman like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

points and chants .. like whore like whore
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast