Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Blocked boge carto

AVF Regular

Blocked boge carto

My main set up atm is an ECO Twist with a DCT tank using a self punched Boge Carto.

Yesterday i notice the draw was getting really tight. I think it was just a gradual thing as i didnt notice it straight away.

This was only 2 day old carto. I pulled it out and tried to stick a syringe down it to and noticed something in blocking it. I gave it a bit of force to clear it out but must of broken it as i took a drag and it was horrible.

Is this normal?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    what juice are you using?...some juices will gunk up a carto fairly quick....I use DUP(Del's Ultimate Pipe) in my cartos and get between 2 and 4 days...sometimes a bit more.....also check the airhole on the bottom of your carto, use a paperclip or needle and see if you can clean it out with that.....clean the threads on your Twist as well....just suggestions...

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

AVF Regular
    I'm using VK5 mixture with maybe a few drops of Peter (Stuyvo) concentrate. I think its around 30% VG.

Do many people here boil their used boge cartos to clean them or just throw them out?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Yep, my 30%VG vape juice has done exactly that. Clogged up the boge. I've blown through it a few times, but the draw is just too tight.

I've discarded it. I'm back to 100% PG.

Couldn't be happier. The vapour on the exhale is less, but there's still plenty of it.

I have no problem with 100% PG.

I clean my Boges by using this device, but you can use a carto condom instead. I pass water through them twice, and then boil them 2 or 3 times.

The condom method (thanks to Noe);

Noe and margyb like this.

AVF Regular
    I've been meaning to cut back the VG on my next mix, I feel like my vapes are lacking flavor and think that might be the reason.

I'm also thinking the blockage could be my filling methods, trying extra carefully to keep the centre clear of juice when filling now.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I bin mine. But yeah I used to go through about three a week. Sometimes I would get a magical one though that would last for two weeks.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    I've been meaning to cut back the VG on my next mix, I feel like my vapes are lacking flavor and think that might be the reason.

I'm also thinking the blockage could be my filling methods, trying extra carefully to keep the centre clear of juice when filling now.
    Ok get a paperclip, straighten it out & run it down the center hole, then blow out from the mouth end to the batt end on the carto, into a tissue, since it is punched, put your finger(s) over the punched hole(s).
    You will see a lot of black gunk come out, add a few drops of PG to it & repeat, keep doing this until it feels like it has better draw & the pg comes out the end into the tissue mostly clear.

Or clean using the 2nd video method Mav posted. I always aim for a week of use on a Boge & find if I use a 20% VG juice I get plenty of vapor & the Boge will last a week without much effort.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Ok get a paperclip, straighten it out & run it down the center hole, then blow out from the mouth end to the batt end on the carto, into a tissue, since it is punched, put your finger(s) over the punched hole(s).
    You will see a lot of black gunk come out, add a few drops of PG to it & repeat, keep doing this until it feels like it has better draw & the pg comes out the end into the tissue mostly clear.

Or clean using the 2nd video method Mav posted. I always aim for a week of use on a Boge & find if I use a 20% VG juice I get plenty of vapor & the Boge will last a week without much effort.
    Well i tried using a blunt syringe through the middle but i was getting resistance in the middle, i had to use force to the the syringe all the way through. This pretty much ruined it.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yeah the gunk obviously was too built up & that stuff gets pretty hard & crusty.
    Next time, as soon as you notice the draw getting tight, that is the time to do it & a thinner wire will work better to start with, then a thicker wire, is what I found.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast