Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Noe

Thread: Doublers

Doublers

Relatively new vape fan and would like info on doublers - what they are and how to use. At present just enjoying trying the many flavours but down the track would like to get into 'home brewing' hence the interest in doublers. Many thx, Jude

CCC
    Well you get your doublers from Aussie vendors so they arrive quick. They are designed to mix with your own nic liquid. You have to order double strength nic liquid from overseas (healthcabin or rtsvapes) you should get on that now. The reason you have to get double strenght nic liquid is because when you mix it 50/50 with your doubler it halves the strenght. So if you vape 12mg juice you will want 24mg nic liquid. The doublers are double the flavour for the same reason, when you mix them 50/50 it halves the strength of the flavour to the normal amount. You will also need to get empty bottles and a syringe or pipette to do the mixing.

Thx for your help CCC. So for any home mixing I need doublers in the flavour and if I want to end up @ 12mg strength go for nic liquid of 24; then just mix 50/50. I do find if using a cartridge I can take 12mg but if using a cartomizer I need it weaker. Could u tell me what u would suggest to bring the fluid back for these? Many thx.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    What CCC said.

The alternative to doublers is flavor concentrates & they are not as difficult to mix as some will have you believe.
    Most conc. are mixed at between 5% - 30% depending on how strong the conc. is & how much flavor you want in your juice.
    A typical mix is 10% -20% flavor, I'll show a recipe below for a 10% flavor:
    1ml flavor (counted as PG in the PG/VG ratio)
    5ml 36mg/ml nic in PG 100% base
    2ml VG
    2ml PG
    This produces a 10ml bottle of juice with nic strength 18mg/ml, 10% flavor & a 80/20 PG/VG ratio.

The above recipe is ideal for a test mix of most flavor concentrates, drip a few drops of the mixed juice into an atty & test vape it. If it is too strong you can mix up another 10 ml, omit the flavor & substitute with PG then add the 2 mixes together to make a 5% flavor of the same nic strength.

If it is too weak you can mix up a 10ml using 2ml flavor & 1ml less PG, this will produce a 20% flavor of the same nic strength. Test vape & if it is too strong add the 10% mix to the 20% mix to make a 15% mix & test vape.
    If it is the right strength then add the 10% mix & add 1ml more flavor to the final mix, this will lower the nic strength slightly & give approximately 20%(slightly less) flavor but for your next mix you would simply use the 20% recipe.

If the 20% flavor is still too weak, then mix up a 30% flavor(3ml conc) but it is rare that a 30% flavor is needed in my experience, test vape & if too strong(likely will be) add the 20% & 30% mixes together to get a 25% mix, the 10% mix can be adjusted later by adding 8ml of conc, 10ml nic base 2ml VG, which will give a 85/15 PG/VG ratio but this is unavoidable using 100% PG based nic, unless you are mixing a lower strength nic juice.
    Alternatively you can use a nic base with a different PG/VG ratio(like 50/50), which makes it easier to get higher VG in the final mix of your juice, I find that 20% to 30% VG is ideal though & I do not like more than 30% VG in my juice.
    valleyjohn likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Noe
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by JudeaB View Post
    Thx for your help CCC. So for any home mixing I need doublers in the flavour and if I want to end up @ 12mg strength go for nic liquid of 24; then just mix 50/50. I do find if using a cartridge I can take 12mg but if using a cartomizer I need it weaker. Could u tell me what u would suggest to bring the fluid back for these? Many thx.
    If you use concentrates you can mix up any strength you like/need while having just 1 bottle of 36mg/ml nic base.
    To mix up a 12mg/ml @ 20% flavor you would need :
    4ml nic in 100% PG
    2.4ml flavor
    2.4ml VG
    3.2ml PG
    For 12mg/ml, 20% flavor, 80/20 PG/VG final product. To change that to a 6mg/ml juice use 2 ml nic base & substitute with 2ml of PG.

So for mixing with concentrates you would need:
    1x 115ml bottle of 36mg/ml nic
    1x 115ml bottle of PG
    1x 115ml bottle of VG
    10ml flavor concentrates ( suggest getting 10 for a good range & variety)
    3-5x 30ml mixing bottles
    2-3x 10ml syringe for measuring
    1x 2.5ml syringe for measuring
    Links to all from HC:
    E-juice Injector(1ml 2.5ml 5ml 10ml 20ml 30ml) Ejuice Injector /syringe [F-F3] - $0.25 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    PG & VG : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    115ml HC Unflavored E-liquid [Z8 HC Unflavored 115ml] - $17.99 : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Empty Bottles : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Flavour : Healthcabin Electronic Cigarettes - Wholesale and Retail
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Noe, that is just great - links and all and info detailed enough for a newbie, me. Thank you very much. Have copied all to my bank of info under recipe. Really finding the forum/members very helpful. :-)

Noe
    When you first get you measuring syringes, wrap them in clear tape, so that the graduation's ink don't wear off & you won't need to keep buying them as often
    Essie's Glass DTs

CCC
    Quote Originally Posted by JudeaB View Post
    Correct. In that case you will also need to buy some plain PG or plain VG. You will want to dilute your 24mg nic liquid with the plain stuff to bring the mgs down, then you mix that with your doubler. For example mix 4ml of your 24mg nic with 1ml of plain PG then mix that with 5ml of your doubler.