Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Fallen off the wagon, anyone have any tips to getting back on?

Fallen off the wagon, anyone have any tips to getting back on?

Hi everyone,

Ok, I started vaping 4 months ago and went from 35 analogues a day down to one a day for the first month while vaping. Then I stopped smoking completely for 3 months and was purely vaping and loving it. Then I had back to back dramas and being the stressball I am, I started smoking analogues again as well as vaping. Has anyone else had this happen?

I'm really disappointed in myself especially considering how much money I have spent on equipment and juice, not to mention the fact that I want to get my fitness level up. Any advice?

Cheers

Akasha

Hi there Akasha.
    my advice will be : get back on some good equipment and DO NOT do both together.

you will find the longer you vape without analogous the easier it gets. good luck!

Climb back on board - no harm done and if you want to transition this time with two or three fags a day that's not much of a problem either. Suggest when you are back on board and stress strikes, up the level of the nicotine you are vaping rather than reach for the fags. The level of nicotine we tend to vape at is not taken up by the brain nearly as readily as from cigarettes therefore you might need to get more nicotine into your system to handle stress. One side effect of smoking is it reduces the ability to handle stress without a nicotine hit hence the difficulty in giving up the smokes. So if in stress give your brain more nicotine from the vape without the rest of the junk.
    Avguy, sixties and targaboy like this.

Super Moderator
    Alshka , I have been where you are , I think you just have to make a concious decision to get back on the vaping wagon !
    Tobacco has a lot of other little nasties that will keep calling you back unless you resist them , we replace the nicotine , but not the others .
    The good news is tho , that nicotine is the MOST addictive drug in them , and as long as you keep the nic happening , and have a good mental mindset that vaping is better for you , your health, those around you , and your wallet , smokes arent that hard to forget about !
    Dont beat yourself over the head for falling off, rather work on getting your mind into the right frame of mind to get back on the vaping
    targaboy and Verbatim like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Hey Akasha1
    My suggestion is to up your nic level during stressful times, not necessarily all day or for prolonged periods..
    try to have something filled with a higher than your usual level for times that you want to grab an analog

Personally I always have a hard time drinking and not having an analog, untill i figured out that this works for m.
    I usually have about 6-9MG but last night for example I had an ego with 11MG juice and for the first time in a while I did not have cravings whilst intoxicated.

In regards to fitness, try to incorporate a diet change to go along with your physical activity and you will notice that time eats up quickly during the day and by keeping your mind focused on such goals will help you to avoid analogs willingly
    chilli, sixties and bugzme like this.
    Click to follow me on Twitter @AVapingAffair or my evergrowing collection: Tumblr

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    The fact that you are here asking for help is proof enough that you want to beat smoking.
    You can do it!
    One little stumble along your journey is nothing to worry about, just pick yourself up & keep moving forwards.
    If you let us know exactly what device you use, what type of carto/atty etc. & what strength juice you use, we can probably advise you on what may help you better kick the cancer sticks during stressful times.
    Certainly having a bottle of nic higher in strength to your normal juice will help during those times, even 36mg/ml unflavored nic base can be vaped for a quick fix in moderation.
    Fatman likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Hi Akasha, don't stress about having a smoke, the important thing is that you continue to reduce that habit by vaping. Some members here took 18 months until they actually stopped smoking completely.

Not everyone can give up straight away, or even like vaping! Good luck
    Last edited by gtadmin; 17-09-12 at 08:15 PM.

Thanks guys, will try and up the nic level and keep at it. I kind of felt like I'd failed with the vaping and that nothing was going to get me to quit smoking (you know the way you feel whenever you go back to smoking after declaring that "I will never smoke again"). It's good to know others have been there
    valleyjohn and Fatman like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akasha1 View Post
    Thanks guys, will try and up the nic level and keep at it. I kind of felt like I'd failed with the vaping and that nothing was going to get me to quit smoking (you know the way you feel whenever you go back to smoking after declaring that "I will never smoke again"). It's good to know others have been there
    I don't think anyone here would see that as a failure, every smoke you don't have due to vaping is a win!
    I'm not sure what you are using but I think having one of these, in stressful times, filled with some higher strength nic will help keep you off the smokes:
    VK Comet XL Clearomizer
    They produce loads of flavor, good TH & masses of fog!

Be warned they hit pretty hard & chew through the juice. So maybe pick up a pack of 5 & try your normal strength juice in them first, then decide how much extra you want to have your nic at in one of them "ready to go" for when the need arises.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Don't worry about it, addictions are hard to beat! You're doing the best you can, not much more you can do. Just keep trying and you will get there.

Smoking & vaping is still better than just smoking!

Try not to push yourself too hard, just make the transition at a pace you find comfortable while still pushing the boundaries ever so slighty. You'll soon find yourself giving up the smokes and bewildered that you ever managed to quit.

If you ever feel like having a smoke, have a few puffs on your regular juice. If that doesn't do it, have some higher strength juice. If, by then, you still want a smoke, have one. Chances are you won't want one though!
    D1git likes this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast