Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New to genesis style atty's couple of questions

Super Moderator

New to genesis style atty's couple of questions

Hey Guys,

I'm KINDA new to gennies and really... have had very little success with them. Recently though i've used a 60mm wide wick on the did and this has worked WONDERS. It's very easily wicking and no issues on that front nor on the coil. I'm building a 2/3 wrap for a 1.4-1.5 ohm coil. No issues with hotspots or shorts. When fill with juice i can hold the button on @ 3.5v without the coil going red till i actually hit the cut off on the provari.

I'm getting MASSIVE throat hits, and flavour is fairly good have already lowered my juice to 11mg from 18mg.

Is it something i'm doing wrong?

It doesn't taste burnt, just massively HUGE throat hits, to the point that i'm coughing my ring up the day after.

Also how do genesis atty's handle flavour changes. Do i just run it dry then put in new flavour and it should be fairly quick to change flavours, do i need to vape a flavourless juice for a bit?

AVF Regular
    I used to vape 18mg on non genesis gear, but moved down to 6 to 8mg with genesis atomisers as i was getting too much throat hit and nic with them.

You may want to try a 3/4 coil with the same voltage

I actually use 40mm wide mesh on the DID.
    b874 likes this.

Super Moderator
    Thanks for the advice mick. i might get some vg and down mix my PB to 6mg.... i'm hoping this helps as it's absolutely killing my throat even @ 3.3v.

Absolutely gorgeous flavour though.

AVF Regular
    If you're running it on the ProVari, I would go for 5/4 wraps or as Mick said, 4/3 wraps.

I've been toying with a trouble free Genesis setup using the rollie paper and it's been working really well.
    I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really post it up, so I'll do it when I get home.
    virtualphoenix and b874 like this.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

If you get massive throat hit, but not a lot of vapour then:

- Not enough heating area i.e. you need more coil wraps as Krit and Mick said
    - Use more power i.e. increase voltage on Provari or more Wattage on Darwin for instant.

Good luck !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Vinny; 20-09-12 at 03:35 PM.

Super Moderator
    yer i'm thinking it's wraps. It is a 2/3 wrap but it's getting 1.4-1.5ohms on the provari. I'm hoping my extra brass nuts come soon so that i don't pull the wick into the post as much.

AVF Regular
    Oh, another 2 things. I used to get huge throat hit on a new coil and wick for the first mL or so and it would then die off. I don't get it anymore though. I actually used to find the throat hit quite lacking with a regular coil but the nic would hit hard.

As for changing flavours, it's a sinch. I usually syringe/remove the juice from the tank, dry burn, rinse with water, dry burn and fill.
    This also helps to clean off the wick and takes all of 2 minutes. I usually use a few syringes worth of water through the fill hole, while holding it upside down to give it a good rinse.

If I want to clean the wick off well, after I've rinsed with water, there's still some left in the tank. So, I tilt it so the wick is facing down a bit and fire it up. You'll see the water boiling around the wick and coil. Then you just remove the rest of thewater and dry burn until the coil glows red.
    Vinny and b874 like this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    yer i'm thinking it's wraps. It is a 2/3 wrap but it's getting 1.4-1.5ohms on the provari. I'm hoping my extra brass nuts come soon so that i don't pull the wick into the post as much.
    Sounds about right for the amount of wraps. 4/3 give about 1.7-1.8 Ohms (without shorts) and 5/4 around 2.0-2.2 Ohms.

Use smaller Gauge wire then... 32 awg or 30 awg even...

Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    If you're running it on the ProVari, I would go for 5/4 wraps or as Mick said, 4/3 wraps.

I've been toying with a trouble free Genesis setup using the rollie paper and it's been working really well.
    I'm on my phone at the moment so I can't really post it up, so I'll do it when I get home.
    Hey kritikal,
    Have you got a video tutorial up for that rollie paper thing would love to see it.
    Don't try to be a great man; just be a man

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast