Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Druidcarey
  • 1 Post By Stoney
  • 1 Post By Sign me up

Thread: My Noob Starter Kit

AVF Regular

My Noob Starter Kit

So i've got a few friends interested and want me to order some gear to get them going.

I'm a carto tank man myself, and so i'm going to push that on them instead of the clearos. I'll help show them how to fill a carto and tank so the learning curve will be easier.

Anyway, as a starter kit what does everyone think about this?

Ego Twist 1000 ---- $24.50
    Ego Twist 650 -----$21.00
    eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) ----(x2) $5.00
    ]Joye eGo/eGo T Carry Case (M Size) ----$9.00

Universal AC-USB Adapter ----$3.50
    Joye eGo/eGo T /eGo C Mega Powered USB Charger ------$5.00

3.5ML Colored Tube for 510 DCT (Dual Coil Tank)-----(x2) $11.04

30ml HC juice -----(x2) $13.00
    Clear needle drip tip -----(x2) $0.70

Boge F16 Carto Tank Kit - 1.6 Ohm ------(x2) $9.90
    Boge 510 Pre-Punched Cartomizers - 5 Pack ---- (x4) $27.96

Total------$130.60
    Plus $20-30 in shipping.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    I'd get 2 x 1000 batteries
    Noe likes this.

************************************************** ***************************************
    $489.52 spent on vaping

AVF Regular
    I'm actually leaning towards 2x650. The 1000 twists are pretty long and dont fit in the carry case with a tank & drip tip connected. Figured its good to have have 2 sizes.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

you are aware the F16 is for XL cartos, will be too long for normal ones, could be rectified with a hacksaw and sandpaper to shorten the tank though.

personally, i would suggest a 1000mAh twist but forego the 650 version and get a couple of standard 900 (non twist) .. longer life, smaller and more spares.
    Perhaps a spare eGo charger in case of fail, even jf only only one spare among a few kits.
    Robray likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    you are aware the F16 is for XL cartos, will be too long for normal ones, could be rectified with a hacksaw and sandpaper to shorten the tank though.

personally, i would suggest a 1000mAh twist but forego the 650 version and get a couple of standard 900 (non twist) .. longer life, smaller and more spares.
    Perhaps a spare eGo charger in case of fail, even jf only only one spare among a few kits.
    Ahh yes i am aware of cartos, XL will be ordered and the extra charger is a good idea.

My 2 non twist egos, dont get touched any more unless i run out of charge on both twists. I think these cartos perform so much better at 3.9v. I dont want to watch my friends waste money like i did on constant upgrades.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I agree with Stoney 2x ego chargers, if they only have one & it breaks they will be back on the smokes.

I'd also go for 2x 1000mah batts, either 2 twists or 1 twist & 1 regular ego.

Not really seeing the point in these either "3.5ML Colored Tube for 510 DCT (Dual Coil Tank)-----(x2) $11.04".
    Added expense for a newb kit when you have these "Boge F16 Carto Tank Kit - 1.6 Ohm ------(x2) $9.90".
    DO you really use 2 of these "eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) ----(x2) $5.00"? I think 1 is enough.
    Mixing bottles?
    Drip tips?

Edit: I'm assuming this is premixed? "30ml HC juice -----(x2) $13.00"
    Why not got 6x 10ml bottles in different flavors? Personally I'd suggest 10x 10ml bottles.
    Last edited by Noe; 24-09-12 at 11:38 AM.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    I agree with Stoney 2x ego chargers, if they only have one & it breaks they will be back on the smokes.

I'd also go for 2x 1000mah batts, either 2 twists or 1 twist & 1 regular ego.

Not really seeing the point in these either "3.5ML Colored Tube for 510 DCT (Dual Coil Tank)-----(x2) $11.04".
    Added expense for a newb kit when you have these "Boge F16 Carto Tank Kit - 1.6 Ohm ------(x2) $9.90".
    DO you really use 2 of these "eGo Steel Sleeve Cone (Type C / Type D) ----(x2) $5.00"? I think 1 is enough.
    Mixing bottles?
    Drip tips?

Edit: I'm assuming this is premixed? "30ml HC juice -----(x2) $13.00"
    Why not got 6x 10ml bottles in different flavors? Personally I'd suggest 10x 10ml bottles.
    F16 tanks are great but they are twice as wide as the ego - good for sitting around the house, not so good for taking out and about in pocket. The 3.5ml tank fits really well on an Ego, sits in the pocket easily, great for taking out. I use both for different circumstances, and like to have the flexibility.

Dont need drip tips as 2 will come with the f16's.

Need a type D cone for the wider f16 tank, and a type C cone for the 3.5ml.

Yep its premixed juice. I was going to have them try some of my flavors to see what they like then order 2 30ml bottles. If i ordered 6x10ml juices, i'd be lucky to end up with 20ml of juice that ill enjoy vaping. I have plenty of spare juice anyway.

I'm trying to keep them away from mixing for now. Its a lot easier to learn to vape without having to worry about learning how to mix, plus no one likes syringes.
    DAWZZY likes this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sign me up View Post
    My 2 non twist egos, dont get touched any more unless i run out of charge on both twists. I think these cartos perform so much better at 3.9v. I dont want to watch my friends waste money like i did on constant upgrades.
    Introducing the "DUEGO" shotty mod your ego
    Smokin no good A .