Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Something wrong with my technique, lol

Something wrong with my technique, lol

Although I am really enjoying vapeing, there is just something missing - I don't get that volume of vapour on the exhale that I see everyone in reviews getting, & it doesn't come near to what I exhaled when I smoked. It doesn't matter what juice/nic strength/VG ratio I use or whether I'm using cartos, clearos, my 510 or Ego V.
    So it is obviously my technique.

So I try to inhale more, hoping for more on the exhale, and all I manage to do is cough myself silly. It is annoying me a bit, as I feel that exhale of smoke/vapour is the catharsis moment of the whole process, lol. I tend to find if I hold it in my mouth then exhale through my nose it is a bit better. But I'd prefer to be able to exhale that amount through my mouth.(Oh gawd, I'm even making myself chuckle to think that I am posting about something like this, but I am serious )

Any tips or magical insights??

AVF Regular
    Don't hold it in your lungs as long maybe?

************************************************** ***************************************
    $489.52 spent on vaping

CCC
    So i just SLOWLY draw the vapor into my mouth, this takes about 5 - 6 seconds so my mouth is totally full, then inhale into my lungs, then blow out. Higher VG WILL create bigger clouds.
    margyb likes this.

AVF Regular
    What is your setup?

$3642 Spent on Vaping

I'm using a new Ego variablevoltage with both stardusts & cartos. Sometimes I just use my 510 with a carto-it doesn't seem to matter,I just miustn't be holding my tongue the right way.

AVF Regular
    most reviewers on their vids - set up their gear with high VG and higher voltages, have dark backgrounds and dont hold the vapour in long after long draws to produce the massive vapour on their video's and hence make what they are reviewing look great. In reality most people do not on a day to day basis vape like that. They will often sacrifice flavour and almost burn the juice to get vapour like that.

You can replicate it by employing the same set ups and draw types but, dont expect it to be like that all the time, and in truth it really doesn't matter.

Low resistance gear, higher voltage, and most importantly higher VG% juices will get you closer to it.

I think CCC is on the right lines - 5 second slow draw, when you feel the hit at the back of the throat on inhale start the exhale almost immediately. Maybe you are accidentally stealth vaping by holding the vapour too long. It is quickly absorbed particularly high PG juice. A 80%VG 20% PG gives me loads of vapour on Ego C with tank and or clearomizer and also from an SD Maxi with 2.2 ohm cartos. That is with normal 3.3v Ego batteries (3.7 for the maxi).
    margyb and CCC like this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    I agree with Mick & CCC.
    All I can add is, don't be too concerned about the vapor.
    You could try chain vaping a bit, I usually draw into my mouth for 3-5 secs per draw, then into the lungs & out the nose, while drawing the next puff into my mouth at the same time. Hold the button on your PV down for the same duration as the intake of puffs, then release & click again immediately(aka pulsing). This keeps the coil hotter & produces better vapor in my experience. The first draw is always producing less vapor because the coil is "cold", the draws after that have a pre-heated coil to make more vapor with.
    CCC and bugzme like this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Okey-dokey, I am experimenting as we speak - draw, hold, count to 5, out the nose, in through the mouth - oh heck, I'm all kerfuddled now.
    Oh well, it doesn't really matter I suppose, the way I am doing it I am getting loads of flavour - just can't see the vapour coming out much.
    Oh hang on, what if I do it with my eyes closed??? Then I guess it won't matter so much ,what i can't see I won't miss....

YES! YES! YES! - Aha - a lightbulb moment - it doesn't matter that I can't see the vaopur coming out, it still feels good & tastes good! OK - I'm happy again!

Oh Noe - I love you - just re-read that part of your post where you said to keep the button held down til the puffs warm up - yes! Bingo! Send that man to the top of the class! It really worked - no coughing, just bliss on that 3rd or 4th vape with the button held down. Who would have thunk it!

CCC and rainbow4006 like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast