Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Storing E Liquids

Storing E Liquids

Hello everyone,
    I have only just started vaping a few days ago, so I'm very very new to this and have a lot to learn.
    I have ordered some nicotine, PG, VG and some flavours, and I'm wondering the best place and way to store them, and what the shelf life for them is and if they can go off.

Thank you for your help.

AVF Regular
    Best place is the freezer. Should last a few years that way, but a cool dark place will be fine for a few months, welcome to vaping

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

************************************************** ***************************************
    $489.52 spent on vaping

AVF Regular
    Cheers Bullos

Welcome to Aussievapers, you will find more information here than you need to know. Just ask questions when needed or stuck on a particular decision many here will jump on you to help out (literally)

usually in a dark place is best also depends on what size bottle you got and how much you used to smoke.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

Super Moderator
    Welcome to the forums Bullos !
    And what a first question lol , this one will bring out all the current theories
    I myself store bulk nic in the freezer ( I live in a very hot summer climate ) I think exposure to UV and light is the more telling factor on most mixes .
    Supersports600 ( our resident forum boffin ) has been working on doing some organised testing by extrapolating data he is collecting .
    I think the general concensus is , a sealed bottle , out of extremes of temperature and kept away from light will last AT LEAST 12 months with only a small degredation of the nicotine content.
    E-liquid manufacturers often quote a 2 year shelf life .
    Truth is no-one catagorically knows how long , but generally , storing full bottles out of direct sunlight in a stable temperature environment will minimise any degredation .... if you wanna go long term and cant house in a stable environment , the freezer might help
    DAWZZY and supersports600 like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

I still smoke about 25 plus cigarettes a day because I'm waiting for the nicotine I ordered to arrive, but I'm enjoying the 0mg VapingMad e juices that I have. I ordered fourteen different flavours to try.
    I have some double strength e juice ready to mix with the nicotine I ordered.
    The next thing I want to learn is how to blow smoke rings

Thank you for you help.
    Fatman likes this.

heheh.. smoke rings. same technique as an analog. .. high VG = kick ass smoke rings
    "It's a Grower....Not a 'Shower'!!!" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Just so I understand properly. Is it only the nicotine liquid that degrades over time, not the PG, VG liquids and the flavours?
    I was wondering if the nicotine, PG and VG actually freezes or just thickens.

Thank you for your help and advice.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    PG you can store anywhere out of direct sunlight.
    VG I store in the fridge.
    Bulk Nic in either PG or VG I store in the freezer.
    100ml of base nic(nic ready for concentrated flavor to be added) I store out of direct sunlight on my desk.
    Mixed juices, up to 5 30ml bottles at a time stored on my desk.
    Doublers store in the fridge or in a cool dark place.
    Flavor concentrates store in the fridge or in a cool dark place(mine sit under my desk in a vaping box with other bits & pieces).

PG & VG do not freeze in the freezer but they do thicken.
    PG & VG can degrade over time, I think, though it is the nic we are most concerned about flavors degrade also.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Thank you all for your help.

AVF Regular
    It's interesting that the chemical certificate for RTS Vapes nic now says to store at 0 Deg C. (I think it used to say room temp or 25C)
    Freezer is good for long term.

Funny you mention (Noe) storing doublers in the fridge. I noticed the other week that some of my doublers that have been sitting on the shelf un-mixed for several months have lost their mojo. Had to order them again.

I'll be storing them in the fridge (or freezer) too now unless I know I'll use it quickly.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast