Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Weaning off analogues - how?

AVF Regular

Weaning off analogues - how?

It might seem like a silly question but how did you all wean off analogues? I still feellike having a 'proper' smoke especially when I get up in the morning..... How long did it take you all?

ugh sorry about the huge type, my phone did that somehow......
    Last edited by fifthflo; 04-10-12 at 03:26 AM.

Super Moderator
    I received my first kit at around 9:00am on the day and had my last smoke around 9:10am that same day. Haven't even had a drag of a real one since.

Everyone is different though. Some people take to vaping like a duck to water and never look back. For me personally it's still a struggle sometimes but I'm using whatever willpower I have and so far, I'm succeeding in staying away from the gaspers. Even to the point of recently being on the receiving end of an armed robbery at work and still didn't reach for the analogues.

What nic strength are you vaping? You might need to go a bit stronger to satisfy your cravings.

AVF Regular
    Wow good for you! I'm vaping 16mg and normally smoke 8mg so it's not the strength that needs altering perhaps I just need to be tougher on myself and expect to feel cravings and just vape harder!!!

Not sure if it's cool to mention I've had the same Problem with vaping illicit substances....just don't feel the hit the same. Guess its just going to take time to get used to, I so desperately want to be a non smoker!!!

It's not helping that I have a full carton of smokes in the house!!!
    Last edited by fifthflo; 04-10-12 at 02:54 AM.
    RIDING OLD SKOOL likes this.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Once I had nic juice (got no nic juice & PV's first), I told myself I was going to give vaping a "real chance" & from that moment became a vaper. 2 weeks later, I had a smoke, just to see if I still wanted them or not, I had given vaping long enough in my own mind to have a "real chance".
    Well First thing I noticed about that smoke was, "ewwww this tastes burnt & nothing like I remember them to be like", next thing I noticed was "I am not really enjoying this" & lastly, forcing myself to smoke the whole thing, I noticed a an overwhelming sick feeling & wanting to throw up, I was actually sweating & ready to vomit. Afterwards I noticed I smelled like an ashtray.
    After that experiment, I have not touched another analogue.

Giving up smoking takes will power, even with vaping, there are 4000+ other chemicals in smokes that your body is missing out on by you not smoking, other than just nicotine but give it a "real chance" & if you want to , try a smoke in 2 or 3 weeks time, consciously smoke it & experience every drag. If after that you can honestly say you prefer it to vaping, then it will take you more will power to over come the urge, if like me you find it disgusting, then you will have no problems staying on the vapor trail.

"Wow good for you! I'm vaping 16mg and normally smoke 8mg so it's not the strength that needs altering"
    A common misconception is that a 8mg smoke contains 8mg of nicotine or that a 12 mg smoke contains 12mg of nicotine, wrong!
    All smokes contain around 1mg of nicotine the 8mg is the amount of "tar".
    So the nic strength of your juice may indeed be too low for your needs, try some 24mg juice when you have periods of strong cravings, that should help.
    fifthflo likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Once I had nic juice (got no nic juice & PV's first), I told myself I was going to give vaping a "real chance" & from that moment became a vaper. 2 weeks later, I had a smoke, just to see if I still wanted them or not, I had given vaping long enough in my own mind to have a "real chance".
    Well First thing I noticed about that smoke was, "ewwww this tastes burnt & nothing like I remember them to be like", next thing I noticed was "I am not really enjoying this" & lastly, forcing myself to smoke the whole thing, I noticed a an overwhelming sick feeling & wanting to throw up, I was actually sweating & ready to vomit. Afterwards I noticed I smelled like an ashtray.
    After that experiment, I have not touched another analogue.

Giving up smoking takes will power, even with vaping, there are 4000+ other chemicals in smokes that your body is missing out on by you not smoking, other than just nicotine but give it a "real chance" & if you want to , try a smoke in 2 or 3 weeks time, consciously smoke it & experience every drag. If after that you can honestly say you prefer it to vaping, then it will take you more will power to over come the urge, if like me you find it disgusting, then you will have no problems staying on the vapor trail.

"Wow good for you! I'm vaping 16mg and normally smoke 8mg so it's not the strength that needs altering"
    A common misconception is that a 8mg smoke contains 8mg of nicotine or that a 12 mg smoke contains 12mg of nicotine, wrong!
    All smokes contain around 1mg of nicotine the 8mg is the amount of "tar".
    So the nic strength of your juice may indeed be too low for your needs, try some 24mg juice when you have periods of strong cravings, that should help.
    Thanks for your post, I do need to be harder on myself and give vaping a 'real chance'. I thought about smelling an ashtray every time I felt like a cigarette. I need to get rid of that carton of smokes, thats not helping my case at all.

The ecig that im using is this brand Electronic Cigarette, Electric Cigarette, e-Cigarette, Smoking 16mg is the strongest they sell. I do plan on getting an EGO-C starter kit when im fully weaned off and can be bothered importing my nic juice from overseas. Still not sure how this company gets away with selling nic from NZ?

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    It isn't illegal to sell nic in NZ.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

I think being around other smokers is the hardest part. I've tried several times to quit smoking, patches, the tablet thingy, champix.
    I start out pretty well, but with my partner still smoking, makes it very hard.

I've found with champix and patches, your meant to STOP smoking all together, atleast with vaping, you can cut down on the smokes, and then slowly come off them.
    I found when I first started on the crappy ecigs a few years ago, it did help, cause I could sit outside with the missus and smoke. Unfortunately that ecig didnt tie me over.

Now as I get back on the ecig (more thought and dedication going into it this time), I'm hoping I can sit outside with her again and just have a vape instead of a smoke!

Good luck

EDIT: Elusion is the ecig I had and it just didnt cut it to get off the smokes as 16mg wasn't enough for me and they have no flavours, I'd suggest going to get an ego-c as soon as you can.
    Last edited by ballza; 04-10-12 at 03:46 AM.
    fifthflo likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    I think being around other smokers is the hardest part. I've tried several times to quit smoking, patches, the tablet thingy, champix.
    I start out pretty well, but with my partner still smoking, makes it very hard.

I've found with champix and patches, your meant to STOP smoking all together, atleast with vaping, you can cut down on the smokes, and then slowly come off them.
    I found when I first started on the crappy ecigs a few years ago, it did help, cause I could sit outside with the missus and smoke. Unfortunately that ecig didnt tie me over.

Now as I get back on the ecig (more thought and dedication going into it this time), I'm hoping I can sit outside with her again and just have a vape instead of a smoke!

Good luck

EDIT: Elusion is the ecig I had and it just didnt cut it to get off the smokes as 16mg wasn't enough for me and they have no flavours, I'd suggest going to get an ego-c as soon as you can.
    Thanks ballza, nice to hear someone started on the same ecig, even if it wasnt enough for you. I find them similar to the nicorette inhalers but with a bit more bite. I go outside to vape too, and have to keep ashtrays around for my smoker mates who visit most days. What did you use after the elusion and do you buy preflavoured nic juice or do you mix your own? I spend about 6k per year on smokes and would like to reduce that to as little as possible with as little mucking around.

Its not the financial outlay of the ego c and nic juice thats holding me back, im just daunted by refilling cartomizers and mixing juices. I wish someone was in Townsville so they could come over and make it all easier for me!

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    It isn't illegal to sell nic in NZ.
    Oh, many sites say it is.

I got my nic juice at around 11am one day, and by 12, had my last cigarette. Ever.
    I just decided to give it a real good go.
    It's been a bit hairy a few days, but nothing like what it would have been like without vaping. Hoo-boy.

A bunch of us have a pack of smokes lying around in various places, but it's out of habit, not actually needing them there. So don't stress about having a carton. Sell them to a friend (if you're cruel.. lol.. or just ditch them - you don't need them)

I had an ashtray out the back for a few weeks, habit. But also, I took a sniff one day (hanging, haha) and Oh my bob.. vomit inducing. So gross. Kept me off the fags, just the stink of an ashtray.

I was smoking 1mg Winfield Whites. And started on 6mg nic juice. And that wasn't enough to keep the nic rage away. Lol. Bumped it to 12mg. Then 18. Stayed there for a few weeks, and now I'm back down to 12. Keeps me happy. So what mg you smoked really has no correlation to what you might VAPE. Especially to start with. Go as high as you need to keep the demon fags away.

Welcome to the amazing side.
    Last edited by Heavenly; 04-10-12 at 05:01 AM. Reason: fixed. Auto-correct is annoying, Noe, you wally :P
    rainbow4006 and fifthflo like this.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast