Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 4000 chemicals? a tricky question

AVF Regular

4000 chemicals? a tricky question

I've googled but to no avail....

Does anyone know the names of the other addictive chemicals that are in tailor mades, and the half lives of these chemicals?

Super Moderator
    Here is a "small" comparison page eSmoke - The Difference - Starter Kits Half lives? well that of course would vary with every compound , and presently I have more interesting things to do than google them individually LOL

Oh a half life isnt the best way to determine toxicity of a substance or damage done by it , it just means after a certain amount of time the lethal/poison threshold for damage is halved ... its still not good for you 1/2 or whole
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    margyb likes this.
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    Grumpy Old man, Living inPerth Northern suburbs
    Because I trust no-one Who tells me FACTS with no proof

AVF Regular
    I don't like relying on wiki....

Just wanted to know so I can gage when the main ones are out of my system for info geek purposes
    Heavenly likes this.

they don't add 4000 chemicals, thats just whats in the smoke itself as a process of burning organic matter.
    I doubt they even know what they all are and it woukd change from not only brand to brand, but each batch, each cigarette and it would also change by even how hard you drag or whether its the start or end of a cigarette.

one of the doctors on vapelive mentioned 10000+ chemicals, most will be in insignificant trace amounts, certainly will be a lot of nasty ones though.
    fifthflo likes this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

At present there are about 5100 known chemicals that have been isolated through the combustion process.
    There are many more that have not been identified and it is looking like somewhere around the 10,000 mark that will be eventually identified

RC.

AVF Regular
    Hmmm oh well I don't feel like I'm withdrawing from anything that's the main thing I guess!

Thanks for the help

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    I've googled but to no avail....

Does anyone know the names of the other addictive chemicals that are in tailor mades, and the half lives of these chemicals?
    There are quite a few psycoactive chemicals and other chemicals that are indirectly addictive. The process that a quitter can undergo does not entirely depend on half life or washout periods, more so this is a guage of the beginning of the various processes as the brain etc attempts to re-regulate everything.

To put it the most technical way I can think of, your brain fart (if you get one) should last about 2 weeks. Nicotine is the most addictive as you get the instant reward from it and it has a short half life and out of your sytem very quickly. But the cravings for Nic can last for donkeys years, so vape on dude.
    margyb and fifthflo like this.
    Shop at Supersports600 eBay Store for all your Battery and Nicotine testing needs

AVF Regular
    Brain fart wtf?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast