Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: 2 months in - Back in the black.

AVF Regular

2 months in - Back in the black.

As of today i've been completely cig free for 2 months, i've spent $754 on vaping and right now this is exactly how much i've saved from not buying ciggies.

I went a little overboard ordering too many things then changing my my mind on what i like but it's been a good journey and i'm in a comfortable spot right now.

I Just wanted to say thank you for everyone's advice, you've all been great and i couldnt have done it without you.

SMU
    CCC, Fatman and Druidcarey like this.

$3642 Spent on Vaping

AVF Regular
    Congrats bud! I'm a month in and I have been in the black for a few weeks, but I am a tightarse and my ciggie money seems to have dissapeared into the family budget lol.(not sure how that happened)

************************************************** ***************************************
    $489.52 spent on vaping

Super Moderator
    One of the benefits of being a relatively heavy smoker before going to vaping fulltime ... I have bought a crap load of e-cig gear including 2 Provaris ( second hand but lol )
    and I am still in the black !!!
    Luckily my household budget is just me LOL ... so I get the full benefit of the money saved ... its a great feeling knowing the bills get paid now , rather than robbing Peter to pay Paul , just because of a bloody habit.
    Congrats on your status SMU I think you need to spend more LOL
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Well done sign me up. But the savings, when they come, fade into insignificance compared to the favour you have done your health.

CCC
    Good work SMU, it is funny how that extra money just gets gobbled up and you start to wonder how you ever afforded smoking.

AVF Regular
    Around 6 months in and I'd be hovering around the break even mark, but now with a Provari, a couple Zen atties, a couple Orions, and other genesis tanks and mechanical mods, plus enough juices to last me at least a few years, maybe I will start reaping the financial benefits

I only spent $40 a week on Port Royal and papers, so it's gonna take a long time to get back the thousands that I've spent, probably about this time next year, but ............. meh.
    At least I can mow the grass now without wheezing and coughing.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by valleyjohn View Post
    Well done sign me up. But the savings, when they come, fade into insignificance compared to the favour you have done your health.
    I LOVED to smoke, didn't really want to quit, it just cost me way too much. Sure the health benefits are great too, my missus would say its the best thing, but for me the best bit about vaping is the $ saved
    Fatman and AusSTY like this.

************************************************** ***************************************
    $489.52 spent on vaping

Totally agree with Druidcarey here. That's my main reason to switch. Its all about the $$$
    Fatman likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by supersports600 View Post
    So now, I suck and suck and suck till my hearts content, hand mouth action is just a big win. I can never get enough but I can only get so much.

Being in good health will be great. But yes, the cash saved won me over

Startup cost was 2 weeks worth of cigs, but should last me ~3 months.

Last time I gave up, it was only a short while maybe a month or so, the money saved from cigs, well.... who knows where it went, into the family budget aswell, on assorted crap most likely.

This time, I'm putting that money aside....to spend on vaping gear
    Fatman likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast