Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Thread: 29 days od no smokes and i hate vaping :(

29 days od no smokes and i hate vaping :(

I hate the clearomizer or whatever its called - its a star something - not sure - i hate it - gives me a headache - its bluck to taste - i just want a cigarette but i don't want one - will never smoke again but i also feel i am being held in a quit and i feel pathetic

Have others felt this way in their quit or is it just me.

Oh and hi - sorry but i feel really down.

Wow!! I think you deserve a medal going 28 days on something you're not enjoying! Yes, I agree, at first I was a bit of a let down by vapeing - it just didn't seem like the magical wave-the-magic-wand fix to me,until I realised a bit of willpower was needed as well.
    But if you have gone 28 days now - forgive me, but couldn't you just as well go cold turkey?? You seem to have done a great job of it so far...your willpower would far outweigh mine....
    RKDAU likes this.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by RKDAU View Post
    I hate the clearomizer or whatever its called - its a star something - not sure - i hate it - gives me a headache - its bluck to taste - i just want a cigarette but i don't want one - will never smoke again but i also feel i am being held in a quit and i feel pathetic

Have others felt this way in their quit or is it just me.

Oh and hi - sorry but i feel really down.
    You wanna show us exactly what you have bought? Hardware and Juice wise?

Maybe you just need to try something different? I will admit. First few weeks are tough but vaping eventually starts to become the habit rather than smoking. You just have to find the right set up and flavour imo!

Good job so far though mate. Hang in there.

But on reconsidering, I see that vapeing was something you thought you were going to enjoy as a replacement for smoking (like I did) & you found it let you down a bit. But I really think that will happen -if you're so strong as to have persevered this long, then I'm thinking maybe the 'ultimate kit' & 'the 'ultimate flavour/nic strength is probably just around the corner - I am in full admiration of you - of your willpower & perseverance, there's no way I'd give up on the search now...in fact,your an inspiration to me. Good luck with it all.
    bugzme and RKDAU like this.

Super Moderator
    Hi RKD ... Vaping doesnt 100% take the place of smoking , but it usually fills enough gaps to get you thru
    If it tastes crap , have you been cleaning your clearomiser? they arent designed to run forever and are disposable ... try searching for cleaning methods , it sounds like you have a stardust/vision/CE3 clearomiser , they normally arent a bad tasting unit unless burnt , over used , or dry hit into oblivion .
    I can suggest trying different flavours if the one you have isnt working for you ?
    The headache bit , could simply be a slight nicotine OD by too much vaping , try ibuprofin and it shoudl go away quick smart .

NO-one says you have to give up ciggies , its a decision YOU make , and if you feel you need one now and then , have one ( unless for some medical reason you shouldnt )
    Vaping isnt about stressing out , because the more stressed you get , the more you will want a ciggie rather than a vape

Quitting cigarettes is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do , we cheat here by vaping , but its a GOOD cheat !
    I suggest , just chilling out , tell us about your equipment and e-liquids , we might be able to give you better than generic advice .... Most of all , KNOW it can be done , everyone on this board is living proof of it ... dont sweat it , dont stress , let vaping come to you rather than force it
    D1git, Ernster86, ElDubya and 5 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

CCC
    Hi RKDAU sorry to hear your having a tough time at the moment with vaping. Usually a headache would suggest too high nic in your juice, have you tried lowering it at all? Is vaping taking away your cravings for cigarettes? There is some depression that can come from quitting smoking, there is a lot of info about it online if you want to look more in to that.

Don't feel pathetic, you have done awesome for 29 days not smoking, you should be proud of yourself! Maybe you need to change the flavour you have or the cartomizer to see if that satisfies you any better.
    RKDAU likes this.

AVF Regular
    I can sympathise. Vaping is not nearly as enjoyable as smoking. But the benefit is... you're not smoking!

Keep off the smokes mate - anyway you can. it's why we're all here (and we've all been through the same - it's tough but doable). Not smoking is a good thing.
    sixties and RKDAU like this.

[s] Vaping nic-free since 16 November 2012 [/s]
    Back on the nic.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    The headache bit , could simply be a slight nicotine OD by too much vaping , try ibuprofin and it shoudl go away quick smart .
    Another reason for headaches I've seen people talking about is flavouring that is too strong. Typically the fruity or candy flavours. Which is partially the reason I asked what juice he was vaping too.
    Mushman and Fatman like this.

CCC
    Also if your stardust has a particularly tight draw you can get a tension headache.
    kptrip and RKDAU like this.

Totally agree with Jetpants - and until I came to accept that conclusion I was in an in-between world - will I or won't I? - I'll just have a few ciggies lying around just in case....& so the story goes on. It took me a lot longer than it should have, and I didn't have an eighth of the willpower you seem to have.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast