Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: I had an analogue and feel like a failure

AVF Regular

I had an analogue and feel like a failure

The title pretty much sums it up, was on day 5 and had a bad morning so reached for a tailor made.

Even though I'm vaping nic I still miss the smoke and feel like a failure

Giving up drinking and weed was so much easier.

AVF Regular
    only a couple of us here get off them and stay off them completely from day one.

don't worry about it.

i still get occasional desire for an analogue, usually when there is just a hint of smoke in the air. always loved that smell.
    Fatman likes this.

AVF Regular
    Don't be silly. It's not meant to be as simple as start vaping and never have another cigarette. You are not quitting smoking you're changing brands. Every now and then you try the old brand, means nothing.

I hadn't had a smoke for over a month, today I smoked half a rollie, mmm that tarry aftertaste. Yuck. But means absolutely nothing.

It's actually recommended by many vapers, to occasionally have a smoke just to affirm to yourself that you are missing out on bugger all.

You vape when you want, you smoke when you want. Gradually you will get to the point where you won't smoke at all.

Took me a few months of 1 smoke every week or so, to get to the point of not even thjinking about it for a month at a time. And I have hardly any willpower in quitting. With vaping, I don't need it, cos every time I smoke I hate it.
    b874, Fatman and fifthflo like this.

Super Moderator
    Amazing how we look at things isnt it ... you had ONE cigarette in 5 days and you think " Failure " ... how about you turn it around and say to yourself " One cigarette in 5 days , how friggin brilliant is that !!! "
    Think about it , if you were smoking a pack a day , thats 125 smokes that vaping kept you from having !!!and instead you focus on the one you DID have
    Put it a little more in perspective?
    We all fall off the wagon , important thing is to get on there again , think of the $, the lack of smell , the health benefits , use whatever you can to provide positive motivation for the journey , dont focus on the one "failure" !
    Last edited by Fatman; 09-10-12 at 01:21 PM.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    It's not the end of the world. You'll get there.
    Day 5? Hell, most of us aren't anywhere near our vaping optimum (right gear, flavours etc) by week five! So good for you :-)
    Be kind to yourself. It is what it is.
    fifthflo and RKDAU like this.
    Sixth Vape Year and Four Years Sans Durry.

Quote Originally Posted by fifthflo View Post
    The title pretty much sums it up, was on day 5 and had a bad morning so reached for a tailor made.

Even though I'm vaping nic I still miss the smoke and feel like a failure

Giving up drinking and weed was so much easier.
    don't feel bad, I lasted a couple of hours so you are a better person than me.
    I didn't even realize I was having a cigarette and just out of habit grabbed one and lit it and then went out to the garden, it wasn't until I was half way thought the cigarette tha I realized.

If it gets a but too much feel free to send me a PM, and I will send you some inspiring slogans or something like that.

I think tha Farman is 100% right, e all should try to be 'Glass half full' kind of people and dwell on the positive.
    I am going to try and tie a bit of string on the finger that I hold m cigarette with to remind me.

And for th record I think that your accomplishments so far are awesome and keep up the good work.
    bugzme and fifthflo like this.

Yeah, as others have pointed out, having a cigarette is hardly failing. I made it for a while without one at first but as soon as I started having any problems with my vaping gear I got the shits with it and went back to smoking. Now I vape only in places where I can't smoke and am pretty much back smoking a pack a day. I bought a bunch of vaping crap I have no idea how to use and more juice than I know what to do with but nothing I can achieve with any combo of my vaping bits and pieces comes anywhere close to the satisfaction from an analogue. I figure I lost the psychological battle with my nicotine addiction thus far but I can always try again.

ignore the banner below.

it's a hard nut to crack but be kinder to yourself
    b874 and fifthflo like this.

AVF Regular
    Thanks guys I guess I am being a little hard on myself.

I do need to find a flavor closer to my brand of analogues....the one I'm vaping ATM tasted ok at first but now it's tasting a little too floral for my liking.

CCC
    Don't worry about it, your mind is going to tell you lots of horrible things to get you to go back to smoking, at least it was just 1 and you feel bad for it, just remember this feeling next time that little voice pops into your head, your doing great!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast