• 1 Post By Verbatim
  • 1 Post By CCC
  • 2 Post By chilli
  • 1 Post By PHUCKDUP2
  • 1 Post By Verbatim
  • 1 Post By brookesy

Thread: A faceful of juice

A faceful of juice

(I'd rather have a fistful of dollars... )

My brand new kit arrived on Monday morning (thanks Vapebar for the great service) and, whilst I didn't quite have the experience of the OP of Vape I have been enjoying it.

I thought I'd get started with 0 nico, while my order from the-site-that-shall-never-be-linked-to is in transit. Well, maybe in transit - do they send a tracking number as I've heard diddley-squat.

Day one, a bit of dry eyes and raspy throat but all good since.

Here's the bit where I need some help, as I'm sure I'm doing something wrong: is it normal to end up with drops of juice in your mouth?

Not that it tastes bad... but...

I'm using the ego-c batteries (650 & 1000) + stardust v2 - it's happening with all 5 carts (different juices) and both batteries so it's not the equipment. I'm not overfilling the carts.

After it happens, if I turn it upside-down and tap gently, several drops come out.

I'd really appreciate your learned opinions, before I drown in the stuff

Super Moderator
    Heya Brookesy , on the Stardusts/visions/ CE4's ( thank you Noe... I know you are perfect in every way ) or whatever name they have this week (LOL ) Make sure the mouthiece is screwed in so that the black tube of the mouthpiece is tight on the silicon cap that is over the coil , on some it also helps to pull the silicon cap up the post a few mm so the mouthpiece can seat on it properly .

Over time , you will also get condensation trickling down the mouthpiece onto this cap as well ... loosen mouthpiece and lift off cap to allow it to drain back into main clearo body . Sometimes you have to do it a lot , other times hardly ever ... its the Vaping Faeries who decide
    Pays to also clean the inner hole of the mouth piece with a cotton bud to get mouth yuck and condensation out of it

if the mouthpiece seals nicely with the silicon cap , there is simply no way the juice can get in there except by condensation , so if its happening regularly , check and adjust how it seals
    Last edited by Fatman; 10-10-12 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Noe , the wikipedia of ALL things vaping was stalking me again ;)
    valleyjohn and brookesy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Yeah pretty much what Fatman said. They should be leakproof if correctly assembled and not overfilled. Take them up to about 1.4ml to be on the safe side. Also, double check the silicon o-ring on the mouthpiece. Some can be a little loose and slide down and off the tube if you're not careful, it happened to me a couple of times. Sounds like you got the same kit as me. I don't even use the stardusts anymore.....draw is waaay too stiff and the flavour started muting after a while. I've heard the v3s are better in that regard but I'm now wary of the whole stardust name.

Edit - one thing I forgot - try not to vape them upside down or at too steep an angle. Even though they should be sealed, if any juice has managed to creep in...that's when it's gonna end up in your mouth.
    Last edited by Verbatim; 10-10-12 at 05:38 PM.
    brookesy likes this.

CCC
    As long as your liquid isnt higher than that silicone part at the top none should leak. The problem you describe is definatly condensation and to avoid that you need to un-press the button when you are almost finished your drag, but keep drawing in for a second or 2 so that you get all of the vapour out, then there will be no condensation build up. And yes juice does taste bad especially when it has nic in it. Hope that helps
    brookesy likes this.

With the above suggestions remember to loosen your draw. It's very different to an analogue. The analogy I made was the equivalent pressure to draw coke up a maccas straw. Probably not a real good one. Use a light draw to fill your mouth with vapor, remove PV, then a stiff inhale for a better ThroatHit
    Fatman and brookesy like this.

Thank you all so much - I think it's a combination of all of the above.

Thanks Fatman: likely I've jammed the mouthpieces in too tight in the first instance and displaced the silicon cap a tad (will google to find how to pull the bugger apart and pull them up again, 'cos trying to get tweezers in there did not work... it only managed to send a little flangey under the internal thread thing adrift).

Thanks Verbatim: definitely guilty of vaping it from steep angle downwards. It doesn't seem to deliver a consistant flavour from the other angle. What are you using instead of the stardusts?

Thanks CCC: I've noticed condensation in the tank too. Great hint about releasing the button earlier (I have been pressing it a fraction earlier, as I raise it, to get it 'primed').

Thanks chili: damn straight about it being different to smoking a ciggi. My smoking style was straight into the lungs and I learned pretty quickly that made for a raspy, crappy vape. Coke up a Maccas's straw? It does explain it though, LOL.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Heya Brookesy , on the Stardusts/visions/ CE3's or whatever name they have this week (LOL )
    SDs are not the same as CE3's, CE3's are bottom coil designs like the Comet. SDs, I think are designated CE4 or CE5 but are similar to CE2s, in that they have a top coil & IMO top coils suck arse compared to CE3s.

Rest of the post was good FM, carry on
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Brooksey...let me know if you want some juice with nic and the mg...I can probably give you some
    brookesy likes this.

MY LEGEND IS BUILT ON THE CORPSES OF THOSE WHO STOOD AGAINST ME
    When asked to move a mountain, don't be daunted by the size of the mountain, merely start moving the rocks
    Provari v2 ,DIDN'Tx2, AGA-Tx2,Kir Fanis Tripolitis Tower tank, GGTS with clone ITHAKA, Sigelei Telescope,Vmax,couple of different clone mech mods, few different clone drippers and atties

Hey brookesy, I am mainly using VK Comet 510 XLs and Kanger T3s and occasionally Kanger T2s. I much prefer the bottom coil clearos as I like a cooler vape and I just find them a bit more reliable. Actually, that reminds me, I haven't seen much talk here about the Kanger T3s so I might knock up a short review. I did like the stardusts at first because I knew no better and they are a good and relatively foolproof clearo for newbies to start with but I soon got tired of the stiff draw. They improved in their general operation after a couple of cleans/dry burns but after a while I noticed they didn't seem to pump out as much flavour as they were before. Vapour production was good though. I drilled two holes on each of them on the bottom piece (the skirt with the ego threading) to try and improve airflow for a better draw but the effect was almost negligible, which is weird because the Kangers use those holes to great effect.

Anyways, I'm going to try and describe the method I used to pull them apart. Complete disassembly really helps you get a much better clean than just taking off the tip and rinsing them. Here goes:

* Get yourself a large pair of pliers or better yet multigrips. I use the type with the adjustable screw and locking mechanism so once gripped they stay shut without having to squeeze, great for keeping both hands available
    * fold up some paper towel and wrap it around each jaw and then wrap some packing or electrical tape around that to secure it. This will protect the base of the clearo
    * grab your stardust and close the jaws around the bottom skirt only, don't grip any portion of the tube!
    * while gripping the base firmly in the jaws, gently but firmly start rocking the tube up and down while pulling it away. Some may be tighter than others but it should separate relatively easily.
    * Once the base is off you can use something like a screwdriver to push the innards out through the bottom. There will be slight resistance from the o-ring at the base but should be easy

I hope all that made sense. Been a while since I did but I got the ideas from some vids on youtube, can't remember which ones though.
    Last edited by Verbatim; 10-10-12 at 07:48 PM.
    brookesy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by brookesy View Post
    Great hint about releasing the button earlier (I have been pressing it a fraction earlier, as I raise it, to get it 'primed').
    ... which was the problem.

Pulled the stardusts apart, cleaned, adjusted the silicon cap (Verbatim, your multigrips method worked great), got that mouthpiece in tight, adjusted the angle of the dangle, loosened the draw... but before I could release the button, it was too late

I'd read somewhere that priming the juice by hitting the button on the way up to the lips produced a more flavoursome vape. That was the culprit. If I hold off on the button pressing I just get the vapour.

Now releasing the button early to avoid condensation build-up. All is good!

Thanks for the cart advice Vertbatim - I'll be trying those out for sure

Ah, phuckedup2, you are a gentleman indeed My nic's on the way (received tracking # last night) and the wait will give me a chance to iron out my technique probs on 0mg.
    CCC likes this.