Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By Fatman
  • 2 Post By Stoney

Thread: Vaping to excess?

Vaping to excess?

Hey guys,

First up let me thank all on this forum for the wealth of information you've imparted. I've learned heaps just through reading post after post.

I was a smoker for over 20 years, going through a 30gm pack of rollies in about 4 days, so reasonably heavy. I have now been vaping for 10 weeks to the day and haven't even thought about having a smoke. The day my nicotine turned up from the States was the last day I had a smoke.

The trouble is I think I might be over indulging some what. I'm using the eGoT with the Clearomisers and going through between 3 to 4.5mls a day. My mix is also very strong. I'm using the 60mg nicotine at about 1 part nic to 2 parts juice, so I'm vaping at about 20mg? Sounds very strong to me compared to cigarettes but thats what I've found to be really enjoyable. So enjoyable that I just can't put the thing down!

I've not noticed any bad side effects as yet (quite the opposite, I've never felt better) but I think I may be a bigger nicotine junkie than I've ever been. Does all this seem a little excessive to you guys? Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Bliksem; 12-10-12 at 07:44 PM.

Super Moderator
    Heya Blik , and welcome to the forums proper
    I wouldnt consider what you are vaping to be excessive , espescially as you are still in the process of becoming smoke free .
    I am doing about the same as you are , I vape about 3.5 ml a day of between 18 and 24mg e-liquid.
    Its important to remember each smoke you used to have delivered about 1mg of nicotine ( assuming you were rolling about the same as a tailor made .)
    Nic is delivered slightly differently by vaping , and it is anecdotally considered that we absorb a little LESS nicotine by vaping , as opposed to what we were ingesting when smoking .
    You should only be concerned if you get a slight tingling at the extremities , or you notice a mild headache ... both symptoms of a small nic OD ... as long as your vaping manages the cravings and keeps you off the rollies , you are doing well .

Disclaimer I am not a medico , and the above is just my opinion
    DAWZZY, Bliksem and brookesy like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

your brain knows what its doing, you are probably on the same nic you have always been.

up the strength to 24 or more if you want to cut back on quantity .. 5ml a day is high end but not excessive.
    I was chatting to pom in the hangouts the other day 10 to 20ml a day of 36mg

I have been on nearly 10ml (of 24mg) a day myself a while back, you tend to slow down over time.
    I smoked 50g pouch of champion ruby every 2 days or so.
    stick with what works or go stronger is my advice.
    Fatman and Bliksem like this.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Thanks guys!

I love vaping so much that I don't see it as a cigarette replacement, more a cigarette enhancement so that's a huge reassurance.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    Hey guys,

First up let me thank all on this forum for the wealth of information you've imparted. I've learned heaps just through reading post after post.

I was a smoker for over 20 years, going through a 30gm pack of rollies in about 4 days, so reasonably heavy. I have now been vaping for 10 weeks to the day and haven't even thought about having a smoke. The day my nicotine turned up from the States was the last day I had a smoke.

The trouble is I think I might be over indulging some what. I'm using the eGoT with the Clearomisers and going through between 3 to 4.5mls a day. My mix is also very strong. I'm using the 60mg nicotine at about 1 part nic to 2 parts juice, so I'm vaping at about 20mg? Sounds very strong to me compared to cigarettes but thats what I've found to be really enjoyable. So enjoyable that I just can't put the thing down!

I've not noticed any bad side effects as yet (quite the opposite, I've never felt better) but I think I may be a bigger nicotine junkie than I've ever been. Does all this seem a little excessive to you guys? Should I be concerned?

Thanks in advance.
    Not excessive at all.

20mg/ml is pretty close to what I vape & I have been vaping over 18months & I am on anywhere from 3-7ml per day depending on how I feel on that day. A bit like smoking I guess, most of us smoked about a pack a day or about half a pack a day or whatever but on some days a bit less or a bit more. When drinking I tend to vape more too, as do most of us I think
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

At this stage of giving up smoking just do as your body dictates and you will not go far wrong. Later on you can play with decreasing the nicotine strength if you think you need to but as nicotine has not been shown to have have any really bad side effects there is no rush. If you do over do it, as previously stated, headaches and peripheral circulation problems are good markers to slow down a bit. From what I read 3 to 5ml per day is around the norm for vapers.

Thanks for all the answers guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Not excessive at all.

20mg/ml is pretty close to what I vape & I have been vaping over 18months & I am on anywhere from 3-7ml per day depending on how I feel on that day. A bit like smoking I guess, most of us smoked about a pack a day or about half a pack a day or whatever but on some days a bit less or a bit more. When drinking I tend to vape more too, as do most of us I think
    I was really suprised at how nice vaping is when you're on the fizz. I had a big one grand final day and I'd told myself if I wanted a smoke I'd have one, guilt free but I never went close to wanting one. For the record, chocolate vape and guiness is a big winner.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Yeah If I know I am going to have a big drinking day, I usually up the nic in my juice a bit, maybe 2-4mg/ml
    Seems to work nicely.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!