Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree101Likes

Thread: A die-hard smoker...experimenting with vaping

A die-hard smoker...experimenting with vaping

Hi, my first post here. Let me start by saying how much I love smoking. A time when I gave up for 8 years seems like a time I gave up my best friend. Towards the end of this I started only smoking with one or two relatives that smoked... and I SOO looked forward to visiting; and would find ways and excuses to visit, it became ridiculous. I decided to be honest with myself and just start again about 14 years ago. It was and is great! I concentrate so much better, I feel much better being a smoker, it's a pleasure to me that is almost unparralelled. I love the social aspects to it, the punctuation it brings to the day, the accentuation of special moments.

You would think that I chain smoke all day. Nothing of the sort! I started on about 5 a day, 5 special, really enjoyable cigarettes. I gradually increased up to my (up till recently) present amount of usually 10 rollies. You see, waiting for the pleasure makes it greater, and I hate smoking too much, it kills the taste and the pleasure.

Of course, I am fully cognisant of the health risks, although nowadays it seems that smoking is a special "evil" in this world that warrants every effort and every do-gooder to do anything to stamp out. Even though the health risks of a sedentary lifestyle are at least equal to smoking, and countries with high smoking rates but better eating habits and exercise like Japan and France perform better in health stats than some lower smoking countries, only smokers are demonised out of proportion to the actual risks. Smokers are todays Jews, society needs a scapegoat and a group to persecute, and few other minorities are fair game anymore.

My naturally rebellious personality means that every ad on the telly telling me what to do makes me go for another smoke just to spite them, how dare they sit in their smug sedentary comfort and lecture me! My genetics are good, with long lived smokers and little cancer or heart disease, so I figured that the risks of keeping my "best friend" were acceptable if I exercised regularly, ate healthy, enjoyed wine in moderation and kept a bright and cheerful and kind disposition. I had a chance not too long ago to do a lung function test and performed the best on the table!

Nevertheless, as I get into my 40's, I have had annoying coughs recently and my feet get cold at times when they wouldn't before, indicators of some concrete harm starting to affect me. Also, it is annoying when I have to interrupt certain things or make special arrangements to go and get my fix; after about 3 hours of not smoking I get antsy and hang out and that is not freedom.

So....initially when I read about e-cigs a few years ago I also read how the government stomped on them immediately and I thought they were illegal. Typical anti-smoking hysteria. I didn't think too much about it until recently when my sister told me about a shop that had opened in Preston. I was intrigued. So they weren't quite as illegal and unavailable as I was led to believe.

Anyway, the fact that the Puritan Prohibitionist self righteous do-gooder brigade were raising a hysterical frothing-at-the-mouth moral panic about people actually ENJOYING the ingestion of nicotine for FUN made me think there might be something in this vaping business after all.

I found it hard to make head or tail of the online stuff, so I just thought I'd go to the shop and do it the easy way. I got the "Bloody Ripper" from the Soulblu shop and although I cringe a little at the glowing Aussie flag (not being a nationalist) it does work well. I must admit being pretty amazed how close it gets to a smoking experience in the shop and I was sold and got a sample pack of juices too. I got a small nic order from New Zealand so I could get into it fast and after trying it for a couple of days I have a more decent 240 ml order coming from RTS Vapes in the next few weeks.

Wow. I really enjoy vaping! I can sit and my computer and vape away and not have to go into the cold. All the flavours seem yummy even though I only have a few tobacco-type flavours. I can sneak a couple at work and not have to hang out. I stealth vaped in a shop; HA! What fun! Vape anywhere and everywhere! If anything, I can enjoy the pleasure of vaping longer and more often than smoking.

Without trying AT ALL to give up smoking, I find that smokes are dropping away. Yesterday I smoked 7, today only 6.

I am rolling my smokes thinner too.

I am not making a commitment to giving up....yet.....but perhaps, just perhaps, my best friend is slowly changing from a smoking weed to a smooth shiny plastic and metal flavour vaper.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Welcome to AVF & the world of Fog

If you are really interested in how vaping is compared to smoking, you could try this:
    Tell yourself that just for 1 day, you will have 0 smokes & vape only, the next day smoke again, if you feel like it. On the day you are vaping only, every time you want a smoke vape instead or preferably try to vape before you know you will want a smoke.
    It's just 1 day but you will be amazed at how easy it is to vape rather than smoke
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

AVF Regular
    Well done . There aren't many negatives to vaping....I am finding the transition from smoking a lot easier without cigarettes in the house, only a newbie here too.

Just get a texter or sticker and cover that horrid flag!!!

One little question; this "Bloody Ripper" looks like an Ego to me, with I think a Stardust clearomiser.(It looks like the Stardust v3 and I have some spare coil heads) Do you think I could get other Ego/510 stuff and use the charger I have? I am interested in getting a smaller battery and perhaps a more durable clearomiser or cartomiser (one actually broke in my pocket; the plastic bit came out; I can still use it); I would like something smaller but more durable at the same time so I can put it in my pocket with confidence. I am also interested in the Ego Twist. I am starting to see the addiction in the equipment more than the nicotine!

Nice post and very well written. Glad someone on the internet still knows how to use capitals, punctuation, proper sentence structure and paragraphs properly.

Anyway, go at your pace, there's no pressure, just ease yourself into the world of vaping and if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here, these lovely folks are incredibly friendly and helpful...more so than most online communities.

Kick ass username btw....totally creative!

AVF Regular
    Get a Penelope its shorter and Stainless Steel, and outdoes anything else by a long shot.

You will not regret it.
    RichoVonBlack likes this.

photo images-4_zps2e1bab4e.jpeg

I really can't recommend an ego because I got a variable voltage personal vaper fore my for first machine, but I can say welcome and don't be afraid to ask questions because everyone here is friendly, welcoming and share their knowledge easily.

Cracking post and welcome think you'll fit in well around here...

Provari, Reo 18490, eGo 650 Twists x 2

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapes of Groth View Post
    One little question; this "Bloody Ripper" looks like an Ego to me, with I think a Stardust clearomiser.(It looks like the Stardust v3 and I have some spare coil heads) Do you think I could get other Ego/510 stuff and use the charger I have? I am interested in getting a smaller battery and perhaps a more durable clearomiser or cartomiser (one actually broke in my pocket; the plastic bit came out; I can still use it); I would like something smaller but more durable at the same time so I can put it in my pocket with confidence. I am also interested in the Ego Twist. I am starting to see the addiction in the equipment more than the nicotine!
    It can be confusing as there are many imitation products out there, I use an ego t imitation and its great so far!!! I still get confused between clearomizers and cartomizers....but go for the durable ones!!!

AVF Regular
    Welcome to AVF and the world of vaping, impressive first post.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast