Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

if its mainly copied from my old thread, its 18 months old, part of the reason I no longer added info was the posts had to be cut up to 10000 characters, so editing in new info required removing some stuff, this is a better method, also .. its printer friendly.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    I think this is a super great idea, however I see plenty of noobs getting bored really quickly and not actually reading through the whole thing. Perhaps the addition of a TL;DR page at the end with very basic break down of what you need to get started (Australian specific re: nic etc), a break down of what parts of an e-cig do what.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Just trying to help mate, also there's no mention of CE3's or Comets, Kanger T3 etc. Still a lot of info needs to be added but I'm sure you'll get there eventually
    Yap, haven't got to atomizers yet. Will have a section dedicated to clearomizers and will include the CE3/Comets/Kanger T1,T2,T3/Stardust V1,V2,V3/VIVI Nova,Mini Nova/Etc

I'll be making into similar to the batteries section, and will have tips and tricks for each one i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyC View Post
    I think this is a super great idea, however I see plenty of noobs getting bored really quickly and not actually reading through the whole thing. Perhaps the addition of a TL;DR page at the end with very basic break down of what you need to get started (Australian specific re: nic etc), a break down of what parts of an e-cig do what.
    Very good point, and we will have a "Beginner's Section" added to it and filled out a little later. As I said in the first post, headings can be linked to directly, so a Beginner's section will be linkeable, as well as "Your first buy" will be too with recommendations on the public at large as to what to buy.

This way they don't necessarily have to read the ENTIRE document, but just those parts, but later can come back to all the excellent info on all the devices.
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 21-12-12 at 02:51 PM.
    TimmyC and Fatman like this.

a decent table of contents with hyperlinks to further detail could do that, be patient people, work in progress.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Hi Guys,

Lots of changes have been done to the original post. I know it sounds fairly convoluted, but i want to give you guys as much info as i can into how we are going to go about this. The alpha is just ensuring that the BASICS are in there for the Beginners. If the basics are in there for the beginners and the information is accurate, then we will change it over to a beta.

The beta stage will be where the document will be updated to get as MUCH information as possible in there. This is not a "Newbies" guide, it's a over all general guide, where even intermediates can go to get information if they aren't sure. Once the changes have been made at the end of a month we will migrate that information over into a FINAL document. This is what people should use to release to beginners (EG. you can link directly into the Beginners section within the google doc by left clicking on the beginners heading, then right click on the link in the bubble that pops up and copy link location).

Thanks for the time guys, and it may seem like i'm being anal retentive, i just don't want this doco to get out of hand and i want it to be manageable

Had quick look.... looks promising!
    I agree with the TL;DR bit.
    Pictures, add shiny pictures to assist with that, breaking up the paragraphs.
    There are a few in there atm, but needs more!

Different names for the different items.
    If possible can we have a "AKA" as some vendors like to change the name or have their own name.
    Vapeking have Comets, they are also known as CE3, or Pheonix's, etc
    I played, I lost, I played again, I cheated, I won.

Super Moderator
    A good start, some inaccuracies but these will be ironed out. Would be better as html but is good as it is. More photos is encouraged, but all in all, a very fine start.

++m0n4g3

(Do you need a hand, or is it all good?)

AVF Regular
    OK what about a part where it explains what us girls/chicks/chooks like in the way of ecigs and flavours
    Some of us do like pretty

And this forum is mostly male dominated

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    OK what about a part where it explains what us girls/chicks/chooks like in the way of ecigs and flavours

OK who left the kitchen door open again ... bloody Margy has escaped !!!

( Fatty hides )
    margyb likes this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post

Sure, we will add that in the near future. Thanks

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast