Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    Common wick types = silica, cotton, bamboo yarn & Stainless Steel mesh.
    I would hardly call cotton and bamboo yarn "common".

I would say: "Many material types can be used as a wicking medium, allowing e-liquid to flow to the heating element at which it is vapourised. Common material used as a wicking medium includes: Silica & Stainless Steel Mesh. Other materials used, although far less common, include: ceramic, cotton and bamboo fibre. This, however, is not a definitive compilation of wicking materials as electronic cigarette manufacturers and users are always experimenting with wicking materials and other means to transport e-liquid to a heating element."

This covers all bases, both now and in the future of types of wicking material, while still touching on the subject of the transportation of e-liquid and the manner in which it is vapourised.

(*Susceptible to sloppy moderation)

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    This is a great idea and I applaud the effort. My criticism would be,however, that you are including a lot of redundant information - you break down a PV in the first section then return to each section to break it down in turn. Why not start with an explanation of what the entire PV is and then go from one end of the device to the other? Include electrical theory in the atomiser section as it has direct relevance as coil resistance is the major variable in every vaping experience. An end to end format makes it more like a story and therefore more captivating. Maybe that's just the way I see it as easiest to read but it makes sense to me to do it that way. I HATE when textbooks provide an overview of all of the general topics at the beginning of a chapter and then expand on them one after the other. Just give me all the information about said concept at the time you mention it. If concepts are interrelated, mention it and then expand on it later. Excuse me if this comes off as negative. Not directed at you just at textbook authors lol.

Also I would avoid being so specific about products. Explain a clearomiser but don't specific a specific clearo - i.e. CE2 (who uses CE2s anymore anyway?). I would highlight current popular models but not break each one down. It's information overload. Same for each category.

Drip tips need to be explained more. Not everyone uses them and they were designed for a specific purpose so maybe some history??
    \
    Damn
    Kid is crying. Maybe more comments later
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by kritikal View Post
    i would hardly call cotton and bamboo yarn "common".

I would say: "many material types can be used as a wicking medium, allowing e-liquid to flow to the heating element at which it is vapourised. Common material used as a wicking medium includes: Silica & stainless steel mesh. Other materials used, although far less common, include: Ceramic, cotton and bamboo fibre. This, however, is not a definitive compilation of wicking materials as electronic cigarette manufacturers and users are always experimenting with wicking materials and other means to transport e-liquid to a heating element."

this covers all bases, both now and in the future of types of wicking material, while still touching on the subject of the transportation of e-liquid and the manner in which it is vapourised.
    ***added***

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ballza View Post
    Had quick look.... looks promising!
    I agree with the TL;DR bit.
    Pictures, add shiny pictures to assist with that, breaking up the paragraphs.
    There are a few in there atm, but needs more!

Different names for the different items.
    If possible can we have a "AKA" as some vendors like to change the name or have their own name.
    Vapeking have Comets, they are also known as CE3, or Pheonix's, etc
    Good idea, when we get those areas filled out i'll make sure we add "also known as:" field to them.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by margyb View Post
    OK what about a part where it explains what us girls/chicks/chooks like in the way of ecigs and flavours
    Some of us do like pretty

And this forum is mostly male dominated
    Added this to the guide but it's empty. Marg's if you can give me info on this i'm pretty........ sparse on this area

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by gtadmin View Post
    A good start, some inaccuracies but these will be ironed out. Would be better as html but is good as it is. More photos is encouraged, but all in all, a very fine start.

++m0n4g3

(Do you need a hand, or is it all good?)
    GT At this point, we will keep it fairly closed off... i'll ask for more "mods" to the document a little later, need to get formatting etc fixed out first

Super Moderator
    Any suggestions as to a beginners "shopping list" guys?

EG a list of items that should be bought (possibly even give links to them) so that people who ask what should i buy?!!?!?! we can give them a direct link to a list of items that they can just add to a cart and away they go.

I'll probably start a new section in the document with some quick info on the different parts with links to areas that have explained what each part is, and then put the shopping list underneath that.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    My criteria for a beginners package:
    1. Must be under $100 total cost
    2. Must have a variety of atties/cartos/devices to try out
    3. Must have at least 2 batts & 2 chargers
    4. Must have some pre-mixed nic juice so it is simple to just fill & vape
    5. Must have basic DiY equipment included & some unflavored nic for mixing with doublers or DIY mixing & have plain PG & VG.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Completely agree with you noe, except for 1 thing. DIY juice.

Most beginners are looking to feel out whether they like vaping or not... Adding DIY to a beginner kit adds unnecessary costs. DIY is a relatively cheap part of the initial startup cost so i think keeping that for their round 2 visit is a definite yes.

Maybe have a 2 stage approach. Stage 1 - Beginner taking the first step, Stage 2 - You've taken the first step, here's some extras to ensure that you stay on the bandwagon (twist, chargers, DIY kit, concentrates, nic, and ejuicemeup link for mixing).

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Completely agree with you noe, except for 1 thing. DIY juice.

Most beginners are looking to feel out whether they like vaping or not... Adding DIY to a beginner kit adds unnecessary costs. DIY is a relatively cheap part of the initial startup cost so i think keeping that for their round 2 visit is a definite yes.

Maybe have a 2 stage approach. Stage 1 - Beginner taking the first step, Stage 2 - You've taken the first step, here's some extras to ensure that you stay on the bandwagon (twist, chargers, DIY kit, concentrates, nic, and ejuicemeup link for mixing).
    Perfection ... the aim isnt for people to list what they would get , just a good reliable starter kit , that will keep your average joe/jodi blow off the ciggies.....
    after they get a taste for vaping , THEN let the fun begin regarding equipment, VV/VW, DIY etc
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast