Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Completely agree with you noe, except for 1 thing. DIY juice.

Most beginners are looking to feel out whether they like vaping or not... Adding DIY to a beginner kit adds unnecessary costs. DIY is a relatively cheap part of the initial startup cost so i think keeping that for their round 2 visit is a definite yes.

Maybe have a 2 stage approach. Stage 1 - Beginner taking the first step, Stage 2 - You've taken the first step, here's some extras to ensure that you stay on the bandwagon (twist, chargers, DIY kit, concentrates, nic, and ejuicemeup link for mixing).
    As you said, its a cheap part of the package, I feel if they have it all on hand already it is better than ordering the second time & forgetting to add something. If they forget to order something for DIY on the first order, then it is no big deal to order it on the 2nd order.

The 36mg/ml diy nic & the PG & VG should be ordered on the first order too, since if they simply order the pre mixed juices & find they don't like any of the flavors, then they have an unflavored option to vape with until they can place an order for a doubler or two from an AU vendor & have it delivered in a couple of days.
    Also if they don't order the unflavored nic with the first order, then they are going to have to put in 2 orders & pay 2 lots of shipping unnecessarily.
    Also If they find they don't like any of the flavors in the premades, then that could turn them off vaping altogether, unless they have an alternative to hand.

Edit: My idea of a newb kit is to have contingencies built in to cover most situations newbs have posted about on here, that includes not liking flavors , not having a spare charger, not liking a particular style of atty/carto, I have tried to cover as many bases as possible & keep the cost down.
    Last edited by Noe; 09-01-13 at 07:23 PM.
    izmali likes this.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    As you said, its a cheap part of the package, I feel if they have it all on hand already it is better than ordering the second time & forgetting to add something. If they forget to order something for DIY on the first order, then it is no big deal to order it on the 2nd order.

The 36mg/ml diy nic & the PG & VG should be ordered on the first order too, since if they simply order the pre mixed juices & find they don't like any of the flavors, then they have an unflavored option to vape with until they can place an order for a doubler or two from an AU vendor & have it delivered in a couple of days.
    Also if they don't order the unflavored nic with the first order, then they are going to have to put in 2 orders & pay 2 lots of shipping unnecessarily.
    Also If they find they don't like any of the flavors in the premades, then that could turn them off vaping altogether, unless they have an alternative to hand.

Edit: My idea of a newb kit is to have contingencies built in to cover most situations newbs have posted about on here, that includes not liking flavors , not having a spare charger, not liking a particular style of atty/carto, I have tried to cover as many bases as possible & keep the cost down.
    Fair enough! Good response, and i agree now that it's a small part of the order and may as well be added in, incase they don't like the flavourings they got.

Will be added when i get a chance to myself

Super Moderator
    alpha.130121.1 - Cartomizer information added, clearomizer information/fields added, changed formatting abit. Added new section for beginners, will add Noe's shopping list in here.

Added the above info. Guys... i'm really struggling to get all this information as alot of the time i'm just trawling internet for information. If YOU have information on a particular section PLEASE let me have that info. I don't use all of the stuff in the guide (i'm adding info on the stuff i currently use, and have even started to buy stuff i swore i never would to aid in this guide!).

Any info you guys give me will be added (as long as it's correct)!

Also forgot to mention, any one that contributes will be added as contributing member on the document!

*PS yes i'm clutching at straws now LOL*
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 21-01-13 at 03:41 PM.
    Noe likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    Added this to the guide but it's empty. Marg's if you can give me info on this i'm pretty........ sparse on this area
    Sorry m0n
    This thread hasnt popped up for a while or i just missed it
    These are what CCC and I like the look of & I think Noe has them on his list
    And these are pretty

Embossed eGo Q 650mAh Battery

Engraved eGo K 650mAh Battery

Vision eGo Clearomizer V3 (Exchangeable & Detachable)
    Last edited by margyb; 21-01-13 at 04:24 PM.

Super Moderator
    alpha.130121.2 - Added margyb's contribution to the choocks/chicks/girls section.

Added margy!

I just flicked through this.. bible? encylopedia? I have to say it's FAR too long! Nice effort but it would take someone new about 10 years to understand and comprehend it all

well that would be a stupid exaggeration now wouldn't it.
    If you can't get much from. that in an hour then perhaps vaping isn't for you.
    You reckon you could find that info in an hour on AVF .. people browse for days or weeks to get a good idea,.
    Write a TLDR guide then. I can be added up the top.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by neofelis View Post
    I just flicked through this.. bible? encylopedia? I have to say it's FAR too long! Nice effort but it would take someone new about 10 years to understand and comprehend it all
    The point of this guide is to get all the information in ONE place to cut down on search times for users.

"How do i use a 306? What are they like?" give them the link to it.

"I'm not sure what to get for my first purchase? Help plz!" give them a link directly to the beginner's section, and advise them that there's a shopping list just below that too, or even better yet, give them a link to that section within the document too.

Just because it's a "word" document doesn't mean that it's dumb and you have to read through it all to get the information on it. There is plenty going on with the google docs api matey. You can hyperlink within the document with the header setup.

Now if you would like to slap up a TLDR; section for beginners i'm more than HAPPY to add that in... i've been tempted to do it, but i'm kinda getting sick of searching the threads for all the info that we need in this guide, so have taken a break from it for abit.

Yes i'm still to add more pictures in there, as above... can't be assed just yet. :P

AVF Regular
    @ m0n....hats off to yer man... that's an awesome sffort...I have a few people to show an will be REALLY helpful

Well on the whole fb saga today i came across this The Wonderful World of Vaping | Vaping Guides to the Electronic Cigarettethere might b some things here u can use, not sure how current the info is but covers a fair bit. Some good pics too

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast