Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Okay, I've looked but can't find ( trees hiding the wood?) anything about how /if I should rinse out the clearo(?) .. I've just been topping up the same one with the same juice all week but have more flavours on the way .. how will I know when to change the wee thingie in the clearo? can I just rinse that out too and use it again.. I did get a 5 pack of spares and looked at lots of vids but obviously not the right one or ... I've seen it but not taken in the info' I need... sorry if it's a bore but anything's easy when you know how ... as they say ..and my great age ( 64) should be taken into account too
    margyb and spud like this.

Super Moderator
    The little thingie (clearo head) can be washed out, and then left to dry overnight on the kitchen counter (or you can dry burn it if you know how... if you are new to vaping, i wouldn't recommend it then).

Rinse it under hot water let it dry and bobs your uncle!

Super Moderator
    Maggie, are you going to have a chin wag with KeyBoardMama? If so, she should be able to show you.
    margyb likes this.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten. - Benjamin Franklin
    Just because you are offended doesn't mean you are right ...

Please read these rules

Read about signatures too

There isn't enough room to list my gear

Thanks mOn... and yes gtad, sure am... I'll ring this arvo... I'm a carer for OH so timing's gotta be organised I so appreciate the help from this fantastic forum.. never been involved in such a great community before
    Fatman likes this.

And FM, this one too. I've clicked on the links and it seems it is not complete and out of date. So my question would be why is it a sticky? No wonder newbies like me were/are confused.....

Super Moderator
    Donna , Stickies are for information only , they are not a be all and end all guide to vaping .
    Until an individual takes it upon themselves to write such a guide , and commit themselves to maintaining it and updating it full time , this is the best that can be done .
    Education , especially on the net , is a forever changing dynamic . Stickies are here as a reference not a bible .
    margyb, btobw and spud like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Quote Originally Posted by Fatman View Post
    Donna , Stickies are for information only , they are not a be all and end all guide to vaping .
    Until an individual takes it upon themselves to write such a guide , and commit themselves to maintaining it and updating it full time , this is the best that can be done .
    Education , especially on the net , is a forever changing dynamic . Stickies are here as a reference not a bible .
    I don't disagree, everything on this forum is opinion/thoughts/current trends/old trends/ new trends/ mods/ basic stuff/ newbies/ middle ground peeps/ happy sad/ nice and nasty, inspiring and thoughtful. BUT, what I am asking you is 'WHY IS IT A STICKY THAT NEWBIES WILL BE LIKELY TO RELY ON and be confused about? If It's wrong just remove it from being a sticky. Even though I hate to say this, until something is finalised with this thread, why not leave Noe's stuff only there if the information you have that is wrong/outdated/inconsistent with current opinion.

My point though is NO WONDER NEWBIES ARE CONFUSED AND KEEP ASKING THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN ABUSED FOR NOT LOOKING THINGS UP AND DOING THE WORK THEMSELVES.

My request to you is...."If you are going to sticky the information, please make it correct and up to date." If not, don't make it a sticky.
    Bathory likes this.

Super Moderator
    What was right 2 years ago about a certain bit of vaping equipment Like cartos ... is STILL right today , just because it appears BCC clearo's are the rage now doesnt mean they will be in six months .... people STILL buy cartos... people still buy older tech batteries .. the points are still valid .
    The Idea of a forum is to present and disseminate information , if that information is not what you want or perceive to be valid for others then feel free to write a comprehensive guide yourself and we will sticky it ... as for the other stickies , they are a reference of not only present tech , but the vaping journey over time .

So we unstick a cartomiser sticky , then a newbie posts hey "I got some of these carty thingies " the info is there for them ...
    margyb, Crisscross, btobw and 3 others like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

AVF Regular
    ** Additions/changes to guide **
    Topic: Glossary
    Items: Pen Style, Mini & Super Mini
    Content change: Shows sizes in cm that must in reality be mm (assuming people do not carry around Pen Style PVs that are 1.5 meters long). Either divide the values by ten or change the units to mm.

In general, it would be best if the items could be arranged in strict alphabetic order (IMO). In the case of the 3 mentioned above, they were grouped together. In the case of changing order for alphabetic reasons, it would pay to add a 'Related: Mini & Super Mini' style notation for each entry.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456