Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Super Moderator

A Guide to Vaping - By AVF

Hi All,

As it's been requested multiple times, and alot of us have been doing a great job at informing people what things are over and over again. Rather than re-iterate things multiple times, a few of us have decided to get a guide together.

This is the first revision, and will be updated on a regular basis as we receive info from you guys on what to put in there. Currently I'm working on consolidating stoney's thread of useful information that's stickied at the moment into it, formatting it into a nice booklet, and ensuring that the table of contents links work.

You can actually use the hyperlinks on the ToC to link people directly WITHIN the document. I've tried to ensure that alot of things that are mentioned in there are linkeable via headings etc, so i'll keep that up to date. This is a document that isn't being created by just a select few. I will be revising the thread on a daily basis to update VALID and useful information from the posts you guys give to us.

There are currently a few people that are able to edit the document so as to not induce confusion/muddle/crap in the document. Once we get to a beta stage this may open up to more people depending on the workload of additional information. The final document will be editeable only by myself, stoney, and maybe one more person we can trust not to stuff around with formatting etc as the document needs to retain certain heading formats for the ToC to work properly etc etc.

This is also a alpha document at the moment, so please do not use it to post to noobs as the information may be OUTDATED and is not really relevant AT THIS STAGE to today's stuff, but we would rather cover EVERYTHING relevant to PV, and this includes previous generally no longer available PV's/ATTYS/Information too!

PLEASE NO THREAD CRAPPING AS IT MAKES IT HARDER TO GET THE INFO!

We want this to be made by everyone not just a select few people, but to keep it in a readeable fashion we ask that you guys post the additions in this thread. When wanting to add information to the guide (We know there's wrong information in there, please keep it precise and follow the below template for speed of additions/changes/removals). If you can stick to that we'd be VERY thankful!

** Additions to guide **
    Topic
    SubTopic
    Item
    Subitem
    Addition/Removal/Content change

The content change that you recommend us remove/add/change.

**Alpha/Beta Document**
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.n5wycmj5uw5g

**Final Documents that have been okay'ed by the public for release into the wild. These will be updated as needed, once a month type basis, if no changes on that month we won't update it**

** Revision history **

alpha.121221.1 - Initial document with some basic information culminated from some existing sources within AVF
    alpha.121221.2 - Updated glossary to change formatting (This will update the ToC with glossary of any additional item). Updated glossary terms.
    alpha.121221.3 - added section on ego-c, auto/manual batts and 306 area *Stoney added info
    alpha.121222.1 - Added new area "Guide for girls/choocks/chicks, changed description on wick to add in extra comments from krit, changed formatting abit so it's a more conformed format through-out document.
    alpha.121222.2 - Mod category added, Battery sub-category added, with battery caution added.
    alpha.121230.1 - Added more information to drip tip section.
    alpha.130121.1 - Cartomizer information added, clearomizer information/fields added, changed formatting abit. Added new section for beginners, will add Noe's shopping list in here.
    alpha.130121.2 - Added info to the choocks/chicks/girls section. *margyb added info
    alpha.130618.1 - Added DIY mixing. Changed some heading/text formats. *Kamakazie added info
    alpha.130618.2 - Reworded DIY information. Changed some information on dripping atomizers, added info for 901/510 dripping atties. Added carto information. *Kamakazie added info
    alpha.130620.1 - Added a crash course section for beginners - *himynameisbunny added info
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 20-06-13 at 03:10 PM.

Super Moderator
    ***** Reserved for later use ****
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 07-01-13 at 09:33 PM.

Super Moderator
    ***** Reserved for even further later use ****

Well done mate, looks really good and lots of information too.

Super Moderator
    *******Reserved ...... cos I can *********
    RIDING OLD SKOOL and Bullos like this.
    EPM V2-18490 (X2 ),GP Spheroid V2.5 and GP Piccolo V2.5 ,BBCB, Provari mini's, REO mini V2.1, 18490 REO , Jazz Carto Pipes ( fitted with GA tank and churchwarden stem Totally Evil!!! ), Meerschaum pipe ,e-holly35W,Phideas, AIOS,Taifun atties, PC Pipe mods.PC Squonker, Svapiamo squonker, GP Paps Heron combo.

Vaping since 2007 totally smoke free since 2011

AVF Rules , Read and understand them

Hahaha thanks for that Fatman

Super Moderator
    Fatman..... really? 1 post in and you are thread crapping already! Someone needs to put a post limit on your account for 5 times a day :P

Looking for a logo for the front page. AVFey vapey related would be good

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    A lot of that info is outdated & some of it is inaccurate.
    Wicks( in the glossary) for example, not all wicks are made of silica.
    A better description would be Wick - medium that transports juice to the coil. Common wick types = silica, cotton, bamboo yarn & Stainless Steel mesh.
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Noe View Post
    A lot of that info is outdated & some of it is inaccurate.
    Wicks( in the glossary) for example, not all wicks are made of silica.
    A better description would be Wick - medium that transports juice to the coil. Common wick types = silica, cotton, bamboo yarn & Stainless Steel mesh.
    it's in alpha stage at the moment noe. i'm working on it matey! i started that guide yesterday and it's a direct copy of stoney's stickyness of info :P

Let's put it this way, at this point in time it's nowhere NEAR being posteable to a noob, but give it the weekend i'll have it in a decent fashion then

But a good point, i'll ammend that now.

Wick - medium that transports e-juice into the coil. Can be compromised of silica, ceramic/silica, fibreglass, cotton, bamboo, stainless steel mesh of various hole size, nichrome metafoam.
    Last edited by m0n4g3; 21-12-12 at 02:30 PM.

Noe
    AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder Chief Snus scientist
    In the deep dark recesses of your mind! .. Prophet of the Vapeoligists & keeper of the sacred Bewdy.
    Quote Originally Posted by m0n4g3 View Post
    it's in alpha stage at the moment noe. i'm working on it matey! i started that guide yesterday and it's a direct copy of stoney's stickyness of info :P

Let's put it this way, at this point in time it's nowhere NEAR being posteable to a noob, but give it the weekend i'll have it in a decent fashion then
    Just trying to help mate, also there's no mention of CE3's or Comets, Kanger T3 etc. Still a lot of info needs to be added but I'm sure you'll get there eventually
    Officially #1 Customer and Supporter of Essiemessy's Custom made Glass Drip Tips!
    Essie's Glass DTs

Sent from my kickass gaming PC using keyboard & fingers.

The Dahli Lama once said, "People do not laugh enough & take life too seriously, causing stress." A good laugh can cure a build up of stress, stress is a leading cause of grey hair & early death.

Vape Hard or go home and Vape Hard!

I'd rather be sneezing than wheezing!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast