Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree375Likes

Thread: Concerns about whats in your juices

AVF Regular

Concerns about whats in your juices

Flavorart have a few flavours with Diacetyl and they are very aware of the problem for vaping. Mainly the milky buttery flavours..Butter, condensed milk, milk, some of the cheeses peanut butter, yoghurt. Their website is interesting .
    http://www.flavourartexpress.biz/ind...iew&page_id=19
    Problem is that we vapers use the flavors intended to be eaten not inhaled so we have to be aware.
    One scary fact is that manufactures are putting diacetyl and other additives into food that is making people sick when they inhale the fumes as the food is prepared. A much more serious problem IMHO.

started this thread for info for people who are wondering about composition of juice when they start out vaping-best to avoid the essences and flavourigs they use for cakes ect uless you know what they contain. With time they could possibly be a problem so just thought to put up this rather scary link fwiw..

http://hazards.org/diacetyl/index.htm
    Best to get your juice from a responsible eCig vendor I think..
    Pleski, spawn_8 and getintovaping like this.

Correct. Diacetyl can be replaced with other ingredients though...

Check out this info posted by the perfumersapprentice

http://www.perfumersapprentice.com/f...p/custard.html

AVF Regular
    Thats what frightens me Shaddsi.
    Thanks for the link.
    Diacetyl is the tip of a very big Iceberg imho-its not just Diacetyl, thats just the one they know about at the moment. We have little choice at the moment but to use the flavourings designed to be eaten. Cant think of any designed just for vaping only, so we take our chances I guess.
    There are thousands of additives out there going into processed food that we know little about long term yet they are legal - best to give the Queens essences a miss.

I agree. There are various different things we don't know about vaping that we take chances on. No amount of testing will show a prolonged exposure to different ingredients that we are exposed to.

Hey look at the pharma industry we use drugs that have had no 50 year exposure to people to fix ailments that exist in the now rather than the later. I guess thats the risk we take. Hey look at smoking

I wouldnt be playing with Queens essences and focus on places like perfumers apprentice. At least you know they have vapers in mind..

going to sticky .. and change thread name..
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

AVF Regular
    a fabulous basic information thread at ECF -Mistress of Design has also made an excellent list and its all here

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/for...flavoring.html
    margyb likes this.

Del
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Diacetyl can be found in some concentrates that contain buttery notes. Diacetyl has been linked to a condition called "Popcorn Lung" which was detected in workers of a Popcorn Factory.

Research that I have done (this is my opinion) is that the quantities used in concentrates and then diluted further in juices for vaping are minute in comparison to what workers at a factory cooking popcorn all day and not wearing any breathing aparatus were subjected to.

There is NO evidence at the moment to suggest that vaping products containing Diacetyl has caused this condition. There have been no reported cases as far as I am aware.

Perfumers Apprenctice concentrates DO NOT contain Diacetyl, however a product that is used as a replacement turns into minute particles of Diacetyl at high temps.

Some FlavourArt flavourings contain Diacetyl - yes Gert you are correct those with buttery notes.

If you are at all concerned about the use of Diacetyl in anything you purchase from me, please email me first and ask if the product contains it.

There are also concerns regarding sweeteners used by some juice makers. We DO NOT use any sweeteners at all in our juices. In the beginning we were using Stevia (natural), however we have found that Ethyl Maltol does a nicer job and use that instead if we have to use any at all, which is very rare.

Yes vaping is new. We try to make it as safe as possible, but there are also people vaping very high levels of juices containing nicotine which would be more of a health concern than low levels of Diacetyl.

Again it's all about making informed decisions and if you have any questions just ask.

Del
    The original and the best !

AVF Regular
    when you do sufficient reading on the subject, you generally find that the amount used in e-liquids is only a tiny (under a percent) fraction compared to what a dangerous quantity is.

I think the levels are relatively safe in ejuice. If your concerned though, then just avoid it, ECF has a thread which lists what manufacturers state they do not use it at all.

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Yeah I would like to vape the juices that dont give me popcorn lung.

AVF Regular
    Even the ones that contain DG won't give you popcorn lung because the amount in the juice is negligible.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast