Talking NewBee - learning day retrospective

Hi Guys and Girls, I am a newbee to Vaping.
    Have learnt lots today (my first real day) looking at You Tube about the subject at hand.
    I learnt the most from MissNomad and E-CIGS FOR BROKE PEOPLE 1 -6.
    I have started outwith a $55 Ego Mega kit form the health cabin and have bought a mixture of strengths, pre-flavoured mix, no taste VG mix, flavours, and 36mg nicotine mix.
    I recived every thing last week but did not understand how it all worked with refilling the cartridges, the five cartidges I got appeared to have what I thought was a gel inside. I thought how do I replace that with the liquid I have paid for. Duh! It showed to day when I had time to give it all a try that it is what looks like, but is a a polyester filter like material that using the laws of cohesion and adhesion to hold the liquid in place, and does a very good job of it too, ultimaly looking like a gel.
    Quetions!
    I bought a Ego Mega, but what it looks like to me is that I have a 510 with a bigger battery (900Mah)
    Tell me if I am wrong? this means any drip tips, atties, and cartidges I buy need to be for a 510?
    All other Ego products are biger and are ego size A & B?
    Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps others in the same confused state as me.
    Thanks Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkmoon View Post
    Hi Guys and Girls, I am a newbee to Vaping.
    Have learnt lots today (my first real day) looking at You Tube about the subject at hand.
    I learnt the most from MissNomad and E-CIGS FOR BROKE PEOPLE 1 -6.
    I have started outwith a $55 Ego Mega kit form the health cabin and have bought a mixture of strengths, pre-flavoured mix, no taste VG mix, flavours, and 36mg nicotine mix.
    I recived every thing last week but did not understand how it all worked with refilling the cartridges, the five cartidges I got appeared to have what I thought was a gel inside. I thought how do I replace that with the liquid I have paid for. Duh! It showed to day when I had time to give it all a try that it is what looks like, but is a a polyester filter like material that using the laws of cohesion and adhesion to hold the liquid in place, and does a very good job of it too, ultimaly looking like a gel.
    Quetions!
    I bought a Ego Mega, but what it looks like to me is that I have a 510 with a bigger battery (900Mah)
    Tell me if I am wrong? this means any drip tips, atties, and cartidges I buy need to be for a 510?
    All other Ego products are biger and are ego size A & B?
    Sorry for the long post but I hope it helps others in the same confused state as me.
    Thanks Gary
    Correct egos take the 510 atty...

I have a DSE905 and still use the 510 atty with a converter. The 510 is one of the best attys on the market.

AVF Regular
    garry stoney has a thread in general disscussion that defines terms titled device info and ecig terms.i think you find this helpfull.

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Yeah all the 510 will fit the Ego, thats pretty much what an ego is.
    A Personal Vaporizer with the 510 connecter. if you are in need of attys or cartomizers for it i have some in my store as well.

The A and B what you are refering to i think its the Ego-T atomizers (the A is a flat tip tank and the B is a cylender type)
    http://www.pvwarehouse.com.au or email me at sales@pvwarehouse.com.au

AVF Regular
    When you purchase a standard eGo kit you you get a few options on atomiser styles, normally Type A Mega atty(cone shaped), Type B Mega atty(cylinder shaped), or standard 510 Atty with Atty cover/cone. They all use the exact same battery so its easy enough to change styles later if you wish, by purchasing the style of atty you want and the matching carts. (that includes if you want to change up to a T-Tank system you would just need the T-Tank atty and some tanks)

The empty eGo mega cartridges, Cone shape/Type A (1.5ml) or Cylinder shaped/Type B (1.8ml) only come with flat mouth pieces. If you prefer a round mouth piece then you would need to use an atomiser that takes round tipped cartridges like the 510 style (0.6ml, the standard option offered.)

My guess is you selected the standard 510 Atty with Atty cover/cone option when you ordered. And yes you just buy the bits(drip tips etc..) to fit what ever style you are using.

PS: most kits include 5 prefilled cartridges that are typically a plain tobacco flavour like MLB flavor, in various nicotine strengths (2 high, 1 med, 1 low, 1 none) so you have something to vape when you get the kit.

MissNomad rocks and its also worth looking up Doctor Vaper, and Shawn (from zeecigs) as they all have really helpfull vids on you tube and are very informative on various aspects of vaping for noobs.
    Last edited by GirlyPantz; 03-05-11 at 03:55 PM.

Thanks From Noob

Thanks Guys and Girls for the replies, all were very helpful, especially Floorzone2's which refers to Stoney's Post : - The Device Info and ecig terms Thread
    http://forums.aussievapers.com/showt...g-terms-Thread
    This is a MUST see Thread for all New starters, or Noobs ( Not Newbee as I have learned since).
    As to the Type A and B Attys, I have had a better look at Health Cabin.
    They are non standard Attys which attach to a 510 The Type A is conical but does not use a cover as the Ego mega does. The Type B is a fatter Atty and does not taper down at all.
    Consequently the cartridge is a lot bigger and holds 2.5 ml.
    Thanks for all the help from Gary
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Hawkmoon; 04-05-11 at 01:55 PM.

Retrospective one week on

Hi again Guys and Girls,
    I hope I can give you an insight to my experience so far.
    One thing I have learnt is that Vaping is not a full replacement for smoking the Evil Tabaco Weed (ETW), but it will provide you with a half way house.
    I believe HIT is the operative word and ETW’s will give you an instant nicotine HIT. Vaping will at a slow place pull you through that feeling for a nicotine HIT, at the same time as satisfying that hand to mouth habit.
    Please the more experienced prove me wrong, there are so many variables.
    Nicoctine strength : -
    1. 12mg
    2. 18mg
    3. 24mg
    4. 36mg
    5. Or what ever you want to mix to if you do DIY mixes
    Flavour and PG or VG can make a big difference.
    Also I believe the type of atomizer and what voltage/resistance (very much related) it has/uses can influence the hit you get.

I know I still feel a large pang for an ETW but get by using my E-ciggie.
    For reference I am using a Joye Ego 900mah with 510 standard cartriges
    Flavours I have used are.
    Fuel fired tobacco 5/10
    Blue Berry 8/10
    Marlbro 4/10
    Hazelnut 1/10
    Grape 7/10
    Pear 9/10
    Thanks for reading and always welcome to hear your input
    Gary