Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

G4 Cartomizers - thoughts?

Would love to hear peoples thoughts/reviews on G4 Cartos.
    Soylent green is people

Not a big fan to be honest, currently i swith between lr boge and smoketech dual coil carts u just can't beat them for vapour and cost. Hope this helps

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

i received one as a freebie .. I feel i shouldn't give it a hard time, but that would be very unprofessional and I would be the easiest bought reviewer out there

so .. I think they have promise but aren't there yet.

mine was intermittent from the get go and would not fire on the provari, a quick look at the bottom centre pin and i found it to be quite loose.
    taste is good .. seem to wick better than a CE2, when you consider the design I think not much will wick better than these, there is only a short length of wick with the ends exposed in juice and its always under the liquid.

the bad though .. there is no solder, the wires are pushed between the silicon insulator and the conductor and the other end between the connector outer and the plastic pipe. mine was dodgy .. i dismantled it by cracking the glue on the base and rebuilt, after this I could get a fairly good test but it leaked slowly where I had just pushed the base back together.

heres some pulled down shots fyi..

bit useless .. but its done..

this is the actual connector pulled apart, just pushes back together, one of the heater wires is between the insulator and inner piece.

In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

I'm abit hesitant to try the G4s, have heard more bad than i have good. I hear the new E3s are coming out soon though (within days?), they look similar to the G4 in design. They are supposed to be much better though.

Last edited by miggzzz; 17-06-11 at 05:06 PM.
    PVs Owned: 510 PT || eGo PT || ProVari w/ MAP Tank || Megalodon || REO Grand || GGTB w/ iAtty || Jazz Carto Pipe || Alpha UltraMax w/ RES || Silver Bullet || Big Kazoo || SS GGTS #124 w/ UFS ||

Thanks for the reviews guys. Great pics Stoney - much appreciated.
    Soylent green is people

Sik
    i found them a bit shit off a 3.7 volt. Didnt really fire well at all. Didnt bother putting them on HV cuz frankly i couldnt be arsed wasting any more juice through leaks or in my mouth. I believe the ohmage is relatively high so would prolly explain it.

TL;DR - G4 = Meh
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    Same opinion. Relegated to the "if I am absolutely totally desperate I will use it" drawer. Knock it over and juice goes doen the centre tube. Even after rinsing the stupid rubber cap with water, it still gurgles for ages after. Not great vapor productions either.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

I found this carts quite good on a 510 with its native battery.... but first there was a learning curve..
    I learnt, always clean inside rim to the depth of the cap on every refill
    always expect 1 or 2 drops to expell when putting cap back on

When taking a toke(s) very short quick gentle ones with a good long one when it's hot at the end back to back.. simply beautiful
    good clean taste, very nice for fruits

AVF Regular
    I've been using 2 of them for a couple of days now and they actually perform better than I expected.

The downsides:

They seem to be pretty light on the draw and therefore tend to be weakish at 3.7 volts. Not surprisingly they improve dramatically with a very slow drag or if you restrict the air flow with your finger. Unfortunately they are a shade too fat to get an ego cone over them, which I think would help a good deal.

The centrepost on the attie is fairly loose as Stoney pointed out. I tried one on my Buzz which has a dome-headed screw as the centre contact and it pushed the attie centre in way too far for it to work on anything else. A fairly gentle attempt at getting it back to the correct level resulted in it popping out and wiping out the attie!

The upsides:

On my Buzz at voltages from about 4.5 up to 6, these things are great! I've been hammering one at 5.9v for two days now and am mightily impressed. It gives heaps of good, clean flavour and plenty of vapour. Easily the best carto or tank attie I've tried on the buzz! I suspect the higher voltage compensates for the light draw.

So far, mine seem far more robust that the fargin Clearos I had. The tubes kept slipping off the base every time I handled the bloody things even slightly roughly with Clearos, something that doesnt seem to be an issue with these things.

They're much quicker and cleaner to fill that a Clearo.

They're cheap enough not to be fussed if one suffers premature death.

All in all, I think they have a good deal of potential. As they stand they're a good HV vape and would likely be quite good on 510 stuff if they sorted the draw or released a LR version.

**I had to retire to the meditation room half way through writing this. Given that's where I do my best thinking, not surprisingly I think I may have a devised a very cunning plan to tighten up the draw.

It occurs to me that if I was to shorten an Ego cone off from the top, I should be able to use it's internal taper to open it up enough to fit over the G4!

Some cutting is planned for the morning!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast