Sik

Cisco 306 LR Vs Joye 306 LR

Morning Wapers.

Long story short the guy that introduced me to my favourite atomiser, the Joye 306 LR, Nelson from EWA jumped on the AVF IRC 2 nights ago and started banging on about some Americano version branded a Cisco. Having reccomended me the 306 LR in the first place and being one of my regular suppliers, he knows what i like to vape.

So i forget that he also reccomended me the CE2 XL R5 for a few minutes and Being in need of some more 306's i picked up half a dozen Joye's and a couple of Cisco's to try out. My postie is a douchebag so i had to go to the PO this morning to pick up my latest delivery from E-Cigs Warehouse this morning instead of it being waiting for me at home last night. /RANT

This is not a paid review and i bought all the products.

Joye 306 LR ~ 1.6ohm $6.70
    Cisco 306 LR ~1.5ohm $10

First things first. Thats a THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY CENT price difference. So I am looking for an improvement of at least 5 Macca's softserves worth of enjoyment out of the Cisco before i even crack the wrapper.

The Cisco comes with some horrible orange cartridge (pic below) that is a couple of mm shorter than a joye, but what sort of weirdo uses 306 Carts anyway. so i take it off and throw it at a passer by.

Looking at the guts of the atty... hmmm interesting. I dunno if you can tell from my fail closeups. (Cisco on the Right Joye on the Left)The sidewalls of the atty are thicker, the bridge lower and the wick thicker.

Test Rig - both attys are run off of my Reo Mini with a High Drain 14500, about 80% charged, with Juicewhore Raspberry @ 18mg.

Theres a TL;DR summary at the bottom if you cant be arsed reading my waffle.

First up i Screw on the Cisco and give it a thorough feed from the bottom feeder. The juice doesnt seem to flow as well up into the coil from a squonk than the Joye so i take a quick suck on my drip tip with no power to make sure its properly wet. (These dont come with any primer)

Moment of truth, i fire the atty.... inhale.... cough. Hmmmm. Wasnt expecting that TH seems higher than off the joye. The vape is very warm, th is excellent, flavour good. Couple more vapes off it not bad at all.

So i chuck my 2 week old Joye back on. I have a wtf moment. Vape is cooler, th definately less. Flavour maybe slightly more pronounced and I think to myself what a wondeful worrrlllld. (been spending too much time lurking on jazzcartopipe.com). Scratch that, back on topic i think to myself, OK, maybe the Joye is a bit old. So i crack a fresh one go through the motions of getting rid of stock primer and readying it up with crackberry. The Joye definately seems to prime better off a squonk, can visibly see the juice flowing up into the coil... Could just be that it was wetter up front idk. Take a hit.... OMG its the same as my two week old one ! (goes to show Joye 306 hold their form). I have a few more hits off the Joye just to be sure it isnt breaking in and its not being diluted with primer. *shrug* the vape doesnt change.

Thoroughly confused and having finished my coffee i stick the Cisco back on. Vape again. Bam nice. Second hit, dry. re prime, take a few hits. Its definately Hotter, th better, flavour good.

Summary / TL;DR

1) Cisco Vapes Hotter
    2) Cisco Vapes Better TH
    3) Flavour, 6 one half dozen the other. Both are great. Maybe the joye is slighty more pronouced, maybe not.
    4) Juice useage. I believe the cisco is a bit more of a juice monster the the Joye. This could just be because its not sucking it up as effectively from the catch cup. I think the flow from a bottom feeder is better on a Joye. This doesnt really bother me i'll just squonk a little more frequently.
    5) Noise. Cisco is a lot more crackly than the Joye.
    6) Draw. Both are nice and free flowing. I find the draw off the cisco is shorter due to increased TH and warmth.
    7) Longevity. F**ked if i know yet, i've only had a cisco for 2 hours.will update
    8) Is Cisco worth THREE HUNDRED AND THIRTY CENTS extra. So far i think Yes

Which atty am I going to use for the rest of the day, the Cisco.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    should get mine soon, looking forward to trying them. Not sure why but have started to go back to LR 510's, perhaps looking for less TH these days

Great write up Sik, gives me an idea on what to expect when they come through. Cheers.

Boz
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Once again Sik...Your text skills amaze me

Nice work
    Bozecig Electronic Cigarettes

Use code "aussievapers" for 5% off your order

GLV2 5v - VW JIB Mini & Mid - Infinity Pro MIW Edition - Lavatube - Alpha Ultramax with RES - Little Gem - Buzz x 2 - Jazz Carto Pipe - Black Beauty - Revo v2 - 510N - eGo-C - VV & LCD eGo-T - NoEgo 14500 - LEO - GGTS - GG Slim - iAtty - Indulgence v1 & v3 - 510XL

tas
    but what sort of weirdo uses 306 Carts anyway. so i take it off and throw it at a passer by
    lololololol

Sik
    Just a quick update, i've not gotten any more dry hits scince the first one. Tiny little learning curve in the frequency of topping off, 306 LR users will adapt pretty quick. The Cisco needs it a bit more than the Joye.

Apart from that, full day at work under the belt now and its well and truly broken in, i can't fault it really. Still crackling and the consistency is great. TH has mellowed a little from the inital impressions (but my battery is also getting flat).

I was perfectly happy with the Joye 306 LR, its a great little atty. BUT If the reliability and lifespan is as decent as the Joye, Cisco are on a winner. Because i think personally the vape is worth that extra 3 bucks.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    thanks sic funny and informative.
    RIP VP