Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sik

The Jazz Carto Pipe from GATech

Hey Vapers,

I am here tonight to write a spiel about my new device. Affectionately dubbed the Vape-O-Matic Liquinating Jazzfunktastic Cartomising Pipenator. Or... Jazz Carto Pipe with a Carto Tank. You can see pics below.

www.jazzcartopipe.com

First up my vendor CS experience..

I found Romaniac from GA Tech incredibly helpful. In fact the guy bent over backwards to make my purchase as easy and hassle free as possible. I ordered a custom modded pipe to fit a carto tank. GA Tech sourced the tank from the US based supplier for me, saving the hassle and cost of having it shipped to Aus and then back to the US. We exchanged a few PM's during the process to make sure the finish, fit and accessories for the pipe were correct and to make sure i got everything i needed. When i say bent over backwards, I'm not kidding, to the point of on request for a minimal cost above retail GA Tech even pre dremelled a dozen cartos for me.

Delivery Time...

Express International $35... According to the USPS sticker it actually cost $35.50. Journeyed from Las Vegas to my doorstep in Metro Melbourne in 4 days. (Shipped 30 jun AU time arrived 4th July). Packaging had plenty of protection and all my kit came in two nice fabric (sorta velvety ??? not sure, im no textile eccthpert) drawstring baggy things.

The product (Look and Feel)... The pics are gorgeus and dont do it justice. This pipe is very well made. Finish is smooth rich wood, feels great in the hand and everything just fits and works.

Cost.. 1 x Pipe, Mouthpiece (not pictured) $115, 13 Dual Coil cartos ~$26, Tank (+ Drip Tip thrown in free) ~$35. (all adds up to like $176).. + Shipping $35, total cost $211. ($US prolly around 200 AU)

The all important vape.....

I purchased my pipe with Dual Coil 1.5ohm Cartos and a Carto Tank, I am using EWA 18350 High Drain IMR's. Juice, i couldnt bring myself to bastardising this thing and vaping fruit through it so - Dels Ultimate Pipe and OKSmokey Old Holborn (both 18mg)

I've always got the shits with cartos because despite being "1ml" or "2ml" I constantly have to top them off.. No such issues with the tank. Despite having quite possibly the stupidest fucking name ever (seriously Americans "Vape-O-Matic Liquinator" wtf) It does what it advertises, keeps the carto wet, no need for top off.

Flavour - Tastes like yer carto.
    Vapour amount - Vapes like yer juice in a carto. Plenty.

Throat hit - *cough* **** *cough* I'm not sure why, prolly something in the airflow, but this thing hits like a train. More TH than the same dual coil off of comparable 3.7V battery. Dont get me wrong its not unpleasant i may just be able to drop my nic level when i use it, when sober ^_^, its great as is on the piss.

Battery Life - I take my reo to work and use the pipe at home, single battery (rated 800mah) lasts me the night easy.

Leaks - None (barring that one time i squirted a shit load of juice into the carto to prime it, derp user error). Even if you do flood it, tissue and a qtip no dramas.... Amazingly nothing gets into the battery barrel

Ease of use / feel - as mentioned before it feels great in the hand, the button is easily depressed and always in reach.. I put it down sideways, upside down, upright between the cushions on the couch, pick it up, perfect vape.

Verdict... This thing, while not the cheapest mod ever is very well crafted and having not given it any special treatment (gets put down like the reo or an ego and left all over the place) when picked up has not missed a beat. The craftmanship is worth the scratch and it just goes.

It Quite possibly farts rainbows and shits lollipops. Over the last 2.5 days I come home from work, put my reo mini with LR 306 or LR 510 down and dont pick it up again until i leave for work the next morning. I dont think i can say much more.

Peace, love and Mungbeans Vapers and Many thanks to Romaniac.
    Last edited by Sik; 07-07-11 at 01:31 AM.
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

I dunno what to say, thats all so damn awesome.
    The only thing that bugs me .. I don't have one.

I hate u sik
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Sik
    relinking the pics cuz they will get buried eventually

(The flash makes the wood look lighter than it is.... Mainly for size comparison)

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Is he on the forums? Id love to give him a forums vendor title or something and purchase one for sure if I can get express! One like yours though with the Carto tank.
    Last edited by JatoOspry; 07-07-11 at 10:51 AM.

Acb
    Nice review Sik. Me likely

Sik
    I should have probably mentioned this isnt really a front pocket in the skin tight jeans jobby... Its not small.... And if you dont like pipes well it prolly isnt for you.

Yea Jato he's on the forums... there is a thread in for sale.... or his user name is Romaniac

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I should have probably mentioned this isnt really a front pocket in the skin tight jeans jobby... Its not small.... And if you dont like pipes well it prolly isnt for you.

Yea Jato he's on the forums... there is a thread in for sale.... or his user name is Romaniac

Thank you Sik ! There is one think I want to mention and show you . About portability....with jeans and all that, I carry the pipe with me all over in this.

Any leather shop can make it for you. Mine cost about 80 usd (real leather and custom made from the design drawings below) but I love it and I do not leave home without it.

I do not have it available because it cost to much but there you may be able to have it done for much better price
    Last edited by romaniac; 07-07-11 at 09:41 PM.

WWW.JAZZEPIPE.COM

Sik
    Haha nice man. i tend to wear a jacket and / or baggy jeans / suit with loose pockets so portability isn't really an issue. For most people it won't be. Especially those used to pipes.

holy shit a pipe holster lol

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by romaniac View Post
    Thank you Sik ! There is one think I want to mention and show you . About portability....with jeans and all that, I carry the pipe with me all over in this.

Any leather shop can make it for you. Mine cost about 80 usd (real leather and custom made from the design drawings below) but I love it and I do not leave home without it.

I do not have it available because it cost to much but there you may be able to have it done for much better price
    Does anyone have the design drawings for this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast