XL & XXL Dual Coil Cartomisers from Smok Tech

Hi All,

I thought I would post a quick review on the XL & XXL sized Dual Coil Cartomisers from SmokTech.

Both items are a rated at 1.5ohm, 510 threaded and a "dual coil" device.

The XL I have in black is a soft capped cartomiser very similar to the Boge510 cartos. Filled using the condom method and blown through the remove excess juice from the centre column once the carto is full.

I put a 510 chrome drip tip on just for funk and the eGo Atomiser cone does actually fit over the top.

JW Ult Pipe at 22mg with 55% doubler content mixed 70pg/30vg on an eGo-T 650mAh battery (will see if I can attach a pic in a bit)

It does crackle a little, but not as much as the Boge510LR's when you first fire them up. I don't think it is as warm a vape as the Boge's but I think the flavour is miles in front.

The capacity of the XL is impressive and touted to hold 1.6ml of eLiquid, which I would say is about right on first fill.

The XXL is a different kettle of fish. Also rated at 1.5ohm and touted at holding 2.5ml of liquid (which I think is about right on first fill).

This one was sold to me as being the same diameter as the XL with the only difference being length. On arrival...different thing altogether. It is a little bigger in diameter e.g XL will fit XXL will not fit a 510 drip tip.

The XXL comes with its own tip attached a 510 falls into it. Definitely not what I wanted or was after but different nonetheless.

The attached tip is a softer plastic. Is is quite good to use.

The vape from the XXL is a lot cooler (the eGo cone does not fit) and the carto itself is 50mm in length.

The flavour is not as pronounced as the XL yet different from the Boge 510LR.

I actually found myself bouncing back between the two all night and enjoying different aspects of both. I find there is more vapour production on the XXL but the size makes it a "cuban".

I can honestly say there are good points to both and bad points to both but on a whole, these will be my main thing for a little while now. Less refills than a Boge510LR, more flavour from both.

As to longevity, I can not speak on that just yet. But I will update this when the first one dies or needs shooting.

My first review, if you are still reading thanks. I will try and get more structure to it next time.

Hack

***Averaging around 4-5 days on an XXL - Avg around 3-4days on an XL (more in a Liquinator, the XL's are what you need for a 5ml Liquinator)***
    Last edited by Hack; 23-08-11 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Update

AVF Regular
    The XXL ones you got are the same as these right? http://www.madvapes.com/Dual-Coil-Cl...er_p_3124.html

Would have to agree with the cuban comment lol - they're bloody huge!

I don't really like the tips all that much though... too squishy.

No different to those ones...

http://www.vapebar.com.au/products/S...inless%29.html

Check out Light487's vid at the bottom of the page on that link

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Hack View Post
    No different to those ones...

http://www.vapebar.com.au/products/S...inless%29.html

Check out Light487's vid at the bottom of the page on that link
    The clear ones are a little wider by the looks of it, the one's I got are almost as wide as an ego batt. They almost look like a mini tank mod lol.
    Last edited by rysup; 23-08-11 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rysup View Post
    The clear ones are a little wider by the looks of it, the one's I got are almost as wide as an ego batt. They almost look like a mini tank mod lol.
    Yeah something is telling me they may be XXXL's

There is a bit of confusion out there in regards to the sizing of the SmokTechs....I take my information directly from information provided and available on the SmokTech website which = unwanted/unnecessary confusion avoided.

AVF Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rysup View Post
    SMK 510 3.5ml XXXL clear dual coils cartomizer 1.5ohm:
    Advantage: bigger and more vapors, better taste and flavor, lower resistance in 1.5ohm, longer life time.
    This type is longer than the normal size, it could contain more e-liquid, so it could vapor more puffs.
    Gotta love the Chinglish descriptions

AVF Regular
    It could... lol

AVF Regular
    I "vapor more puffs" with mr provari every night!

AVF Regular
    XXXL Dual Coil Clear Cartomiser (with soft drip tip) from Jw's are great .. chain vap these all day with red bull ... there worth every cent ..was using 510-T tanks at first ..but use XXXL 95% of time now..