Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation On XL Dual Coils

Hey all
    Well I made the switch from the Boge's to the dual coil jobs on my 1000mah eGo-T and using drip tips now.

One thing I have noticed and it may be a manufacture problem or already known...maybe a batch?
    Anyway I have been having some problems getting the hit.Understandably they hold more and should be soaked with enough e-juice,all good there BUT over the last 3 or so days it just hasn't been delivering the goods and I've been sucking the guts out and constantly topping up.

What I found tonight after starting to get a tad cranky as one does being a heavy Nico addict is that the threaded fitting wasn't seating flush!
    I noticed it as I sat my e-cig on the table upright and noticed it was like a dogs hind-leg(OK not that bad but I'm an ex-tradey,so yeah) and I could actually see the gap on one side,so I wriggled it a tad and found there was some play.
    After a slight wriggle and a twist the bloody thing went another near 1/4 of a turn and seated!!
    I tried another empty,the same thing,swapped batteries,same.

It took quite a tight turn whilst as I said wriggling it ever so slightly to get it flush and now I got vape!! and more importantly I'm getting my Nico hit instead of constant vaping.Up until now I was considering going back to Bogee's and kicking the living sh1t outta the cat!(nah I wouldn't do that)

Now after going through nearly the last of my Del's Ultimate from dripping so much I find this out ...I thought it was just me and getting used to it like a longer draw or something.

Just thought I would let you guys know and also Del in case she wants to check the batches.

Other than that they seem really good,I have only burnt one out but I made some different flavours and soaked a few for the better half to try.
    As a side note I prefer the silver ones having no seam which the first order I made had which were black(still have some, but was so impressed with the first one,I ordered more the next day,just silver for a new look) and after using these I find the sticker on the black ones kind of annoying as they are slightly peeled in the middle section.....shit I'm obviously still in withdrawal LOL!

Well I better make up the last of the Ultimate Pipe before bed or I'm a gonna kill someone when I wake up ...C'mon payday me needs Ultimate Pipe!

The piccy was the best I could do using my phone cam as I can't find my camera atm.

Anyhoo I thought I'd let y'all know in case others are having probs or it's a batch thing.

Cheers

Andrew
    Attached Images Attached Images

AVF Regular
    Hiya Mush!

Havent had any issues with mine, so it's likely batch-related.

The only downside to them I've found so far is one that seems universal to all cartos using this for of filling - the draw tends to get annoyingly tight after a few days. I suspect its got something to do the central tube getting soft and out of shape after a while and partially closing down under suction. Previously this had only been a minor annoyance because the carto was usually on it's last legs when this happened. These days however, I only use cartos with a tank mod which seems to keep the flavour and coil performance pretty close to pristine for far longer than non-tanked versions, so I'm finding the draw goes all pear shaped when the carto is otherwise still performing nicely.

I have a couple of ideas in mind to use other forms of carto with a tank to get around the problem. Just need time to play about with it.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Thanks Slothy!

I thought I might just put it out there in case it was actually a batch problem.If Del doesn't see this I'll let her know via email.Some other Vapers out there might be having the same problem.
    I'm glad I took Del's advice and went straight for 2 1000's as I would have been up sh1t creek and might have had to kick the cat while waiting to re-charge LOL
    I have a feeling it is the silver ones,I still have the box in the bin in the shed so I'll dig it up tomoz and check the batch number and also check out the remainder of the black ones for fitment.
    I keep the Carto's in an old square baccy tin in their wrapper in a nice shiny black and chrome tool-box with my juices/syringes/wipes etc.
    My better-half got it for me for giving up on the butts....I just need some stickers to put on it,maybe some metal-band ones but a JuiceWhore one would look really nice! *nudge*

I hear Del has a new jobby in the pipeline,so I'm keen to find out how they go too,last time we spoke she was pretty keen as she had just got them in to test them.

BTW what tank mod are you referring to man?

Cheers

Andrew...

AVF Regular
    I remember a similiar post, with pics, in this forum last month.

The vendor asked for them to be returned so they could be replaced.

AVF Regular
    I just searched seven pages in general discussion without finding the previous post,
    maybe it's in the Vendors section?

Is that an XXL or an XL.. either way, yes, I've noticed that the threads are "different" on these than with other cartos and attys.
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

BananaMan
    I remember a similiar post, with pics, in this forum last month.
    They were Giantomizers.

AVF Regular
    So who's DCs are you referring to?

The threads on the ones I have are identical to Boges...

Not sure about the OP but mine are Smoktech and they seem to be very tiny threads hardly even a bump too..
    To view my e-cig reviews and videos visit: http://www.youtube.com/user/light487

Hey Mushman, I'm using the mega-duals on my Jazz Cartopipe (which is THE BIZNESS) and every now and then get a super stiff draw. I found that by taking out the carto and blowing it through (really f'ing hard) seemed to solve the problem - just make sure you have your vaper's friend (paper towel) handy because they sure hold a ton of juice

+1 on the JW stickers. Maybe some JW merch would be a good addition to the site - tshirts, caps, stickers, key rings etc
    JuiceWhore Sig
    Daily Vape1: Del's Ultimate Pipe
    Daily Vape2: Del's Choc Mint Dream
    Daily Vape3: Any other JW flavour
    Provari, Jazz CartoPipe, 510N, a heap of eGo batts with cartos and tanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast