AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Short comments on stuffs

So I've spend a fair bit on gear over the past two months and thought I'd give back instead of my usual whining....

Juicewhore Flavours:

Del's UP - Fantastic. Definitely vaped most days.

Irish Cream - A little weak to my taste but maybe my mixing skills

Ginger Beer - Very tasty. If you like Ginger Beer you will most likely love this.

Chewy Fruit - Not to my taste but still very good quality and much better than comparable flavours.

Banana Bread - Great balance of flavours. The banana gets to be too much for me after a while but while I can handle it I love it,

French Toast - I can see why Del took this past sample stage. Very subtle and complex combination of flavours.

Rocky Road - I don't know if Del made any changes before taking this from sample stage. I found the double choc part of the flavour to be a bit overwhelming intitally but with aging it was possible to taste more of the rocky road and I couldn't get enough of it.

Roast Chicken & Potatoes - Initially this flavour resulted in me binning a new carto. It tasted like cheap beef noodles. However being a (sometimes) patient chap, I left it for about a week and now it is quite nice in small doses. I haven't tried it with beer yet.

Del's service is fantastic and I will be a loyal customer for a long time to come.

Cartos:

G4s - Terrible product imho. Even at the top voltage of my Buzz Pro the draw is way too loose. Every juice I put in, regardless of starting colour had discolouring problems after use. Some turned almost black. Won't buy again.

CE2s - I read somewhere on here that these don't work well on standard batts. I agree. I've tried stainless and clearo XLs and Standard Clearos. The standards proved better at 3.7v simply due to the tighter draw I think. Clearos work great in a tank between 4.5 & 5v depending on resistance.

Smoktech DCs - Have tried XLs, XXLs and the MEGA XXXL Ego versions. In my opinion the popping, cracking way the two coils seem to vape some juices gives you a sudden rush of vapour that can leave you with a burning throat. They do give you amazing vapour production at 3.7V and the TH at higher volts is bracing sometimes. I like these. The convenience of the XXXLs means less gear to carry (unless you are a paranoiac like me who takes a ridiculous amount of juice and gear with him everywhere) but my best experience has been with the XLs. The clearos do tend to break easily as observed by others.

Boge 510D LRs (Both unbadged and JW) These are my favorite cartos. The flavour is always smooth and strong, they work well above 4.5V and they hold a decent amount of juice. I have only stopped using two so far despite having them for quite a while. The first due to the flavour mentioned above and the second because it got really tight on the draw after vaping a DIY irish cream concoction of PA White Choc and French Vanillla (The former has "custard" ingredients which I assume gunk up the carto. I might give it another wash and try again though)

Overall I've found that cartos tend to last me a lot longer than reports most others post on here. I still have a bunch of 808 carts I'm filling for a housemate who likes the flavours I don't - Root Beer, Chewy Fruit etc. Had a draw on his 808 the other day and it still tastes fine. Maybe I'm just not that picky.

Atties:

Joye (knockoff?) eGo Type B - these lasted me a long time. First decent setup was 900mAh batt with SR/LR atties. Could never get the hang of dripping on these though. Always tasted bad or flooded. The LRs started to taste burned after a while and I've seriously gone off carts. I don't know what my problem is but they always seem to seep after filling. I have the same problem with 510 carts. I generally prefer 510 these days as a personal preference but am considering an eGo-T Type B atty for the size of the tank.

Joye 510-t (SR/LR) My personal preference at the moment. Even though I have bricked 3 of these in just over a week I can't seem to get away from them. I am currently being very cautious with a LR I pinched off a friend - keeping volts at a minimum - and haven't lost it yet. Bought another couple this week just in case. The only gripe is the standard tank size means I tend to need to carry a lot with me for the day. Just got some flat tips though so that should help.

Eastmall/Joye 510 HV - great at HV (duh). Never really got a great hit with the Buzz Pro at full but I soldered up a 2x14500 box mod with no reg and it makes these shine. Copious amounts of vapour and great for dripping.

Cisco/Joye 510 LR/SR (Std & Mega) - The seeping problem again. That and the burned taste from the filler. Some of ecig-sa's blue foam helps this greatly but they are relegated to dripping and testing. Same goes for the Cisco 1.8 ohms atty. Jury is out on authenticity right now but it doesnt seem any different to a Joye or knockoff. (Not trying to add to the debate just observation)

I think next I'll be looking for some IK HV & LR/HV Cannons just to give them a shot.

ARRY Tank

This one took a little learning. At first there was no leakage but it soon became apparent that the top "bung" thingo needs to be positioned correcly or it will seep your juice overnight. The CE2 seeems to leak a little into the central post when on its side as well. Kept upright its fine though. Otherwise I am happy. When my RTSVapes order arrives it will get a wash and a fresh fill of UP. Right now its full of Choc Mint - only flavour I have on hand in big quantity. Materials-wise its virtually indestructible. The plugs and sleeve are hard plastic and fit snugly without the dreaded o-rings. Given hindsight, however, I'd porbably go for an EPM to support local suppliers and have the draw control - I can be fussy.

Drip Pump
    I loved this but it did tend to have a slightly plastic taste to everything. Its out of commission now due to dropping it whille walking and having the plug fly out. Looking at options to fix it. Don't know if I'd replace it as the 510-t seems to be just as good without the hassles. Kinda 50/50 on this one

Buzz Pro
    A couple weeks in and I'm still loving it. The batteries don't last me a whole day per set but I have four sets so I'm not worried about that. One thing I will say is do not drop it from a height of 1m. Mine inexplicably tumbled off the edge of the dryer while I was ironing a shirt one morning and the impact caused the batteries to slightly dislodge the PCB and the top of the battery compartment. It was only a mm or two but it was enough to impact on the movement of the voltage adjustment. I jimmed it back into place but it is still a bit tight. Apart from that, this thing is glued in my hand.

Next stop is some 306 atties just for a laugh and a JiBVP Mod. Maybe I can talk him into a tube rather than a box....

My experienced with JW, Bozecig, Vapebar, Ecig-sa & Ecigs Warehouse have been extremely positive. Always next day or two day delivery depending on when I've ordered and the distance to the supplier.

Now back to whinging about my RTS Vapes order...
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    nice one mate. Always good to see peoples opinions about products.

AVF Regular
    Can highly recommend the Ikenvape HV 510 atty's. Got 5 some time ago and it's just about time to get a few more. Definitely worth a try, Great TH and copious amounts of vapour. I am usually vaping between 6 and 7.4 volts now.

VVF Grip 1 (Yukatan Rosewood Frame / Cocobolo Panels); VVF Grip 2 (Lacewood Sycamore Frame / Gmelia Burl Panels with Indian Rosewood Plunger); VAMO, Launcher, ATB (Kamagong), N-Zonic V III, Limited Sioux, Zen 2, Mini ATB, Vicious Ant Cyclone, ERA 1.5 dripper, ERA 1.5 bottom feeder, Immortalizer, AGA-T, RSST

Sik
    good writeup nothing
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    Just a comment on the G4's

They're not a great attie, but I found they worked well at about 5v and were cheap enough not to worry if I fried them. The juice colour can be observed with all clear tanks. It seems there's a dark, thickish layer develops that sits at the bottom of the tank and doesnt want to mix with new juice readily when added. Have observed that with Giantos, the ECM tank and my iSlothys. Oh, I also cut down an ego cone to use the C4 with those batts and it fixed the loose drawer up nicely.
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

my mum has a joke about loose drawers
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoney View Post
    my mum has a joke about loose drawers
    Yeah, she named it Stoney.

BOOM TISH!

AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Very good read indeed. Maybe reviewing is your calling.

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    Thanks guys.

@madbunny
    I've always had an intimate relationship with the written word. Helps in my line of work.
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes