AVF Regular

Slothy Vs The EPM Tank - A review

I've had an EPM tank from Juicewhore.com for 3 weeks now and I have to say I'm quite impressed. Previously I'd considered CE2s to be very close to the worst bit of vaping kit that'd ever landed in my letter box. Fragile, leak-prone and a complete pain in the arse to fill, my first box of the things was going to be my last. The EPM tank however, has completely changed the game.

Things I like about the VPN.

- It's easy, quick and mess-free to refill.

- I've had absolutely no leak issues

- The tank appears to be pretty robust

- Replacing the CE2 inner is relatively quick and easy

- Coil life seems to be around 3 weeks which offsets the initial cost of replacement inners against normal cartos more than adequately.

- Cleaning and dry-burning is a breeze.

Things I dont like so much.

- The CE2 inners available for the tank are all 2.8-2.9 ohm, which are a little higher than optimum for 3.7v units. That said, they perform quite well but something around 2.2-2.4 would be superb.

- The first CE2 I used was prone to slight flooding, regardless of "choke" setting. This hasn't been much of an issue since I switched to a new inner so it may not be typical.

- Excess fiddling with the "choke can wear a good way through the wick. This probably wont be a concern unless you get a floody inner.

- It can vape a little "dry" when the tank gets low, probably because the wick has to draw the juice a fair way against gravity. Giving it a quick tip usually fixes this.

All in all, I quite like the EPM. Many of us who tried stock CE2s were impressed with the clean flavour and warmth, but the idiotic design made filling a trial and breakages were a constant problem. Consequently most vapers gave them up as a waste of time. The EPM really changes the game here, giving the benefits of the CE2 with the WTF? elements removed.

If you're big on flavour and warmth in your vape, the EPM is well worth the investment.

Definitely 3 Toes Up from Slothy!
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Thanks for the review, just bought one based on your recommendation

Sik
    I tried to tell you they werent as evil in a tank !

Glad you tried it slothmeister. You're right the CE2 resistance is too high for 3.7 But on the upside it made me dust off my VV's again
    Current Vape: Variable Wattage mod, EPM Boge tanks, Something Fruity

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sik View Post
    I tried to tell you they werent as evil in a tank !

Glad you tried it slothmeister. You're right the CE2 resistance is too high for 3.7 But on the upside it made me dust off my VV's again
    'Sif I listen to you! =P

The performance at 3.7v is quite ok. My point was that a slightly lower resistance would turn the thing from good to *wOOt*
    CO, Vapers Against Government Interference in Nictotine Acquisition - Military Wing.

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by Slothy View Post
    'Sif I listen to you! =P

The performance at 3.7v is quite ok. My point was that a slightly lower resistance would turn the thing from good to *wOOt*
    Or slightly higher voltage

The issue is the lowest Res CE2 you can buy is 2.4 - 2.6 and even then you will get a pack that range from 2.2 > 3ohm lol

Supreme Overlord of these Realms
    You can get 2.4 Ohm CE2 R5 clearos.

Sik
    Quote Originally Posted by JatoOspry View Post
    You can get 2.4 Ohm CE2 R5 clearos.
    You mean you can order a pack of 2.4 - 2.6 ohm clearos (they dont specify a point only a range) and then you will receive a box with 2.4 - 2.6 ohm ticked on the packaging but the actual clearo's will measure anywhere from 1.5ohm to 4ohm. :P

Ordering != Getting

Royal Smoker / Katady are fucking hopeless.