Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: FlavourArt From Vapour-Trails.com.au

Thumbs up FlavourArt From Vapour-Trails.com.au

On Tuesday Morning in September I ordered 4 10 ml Flavour Art flavours, 2 16340 Batteries and a drip tip with express shipping from Vapour Trails to be able to do a new vendor Review video. I put my work address in the system for a shipping address. I didn't receive a order acknowledgment or a ship notice. I emailed them back and asked if they received my order. They said they had received it but was unable to ship in the promised time so they would triple my flavour order to 30ml bottles. Nice gesture I thought. But if they are sending me real FlavourArt flavours. That would be a tad expensive. On Friday I still had not received anything and I emailed again. They were cordial and said it will come. Australian Post. What can you do? A week after ordering Express Post it arrived. But not to my work address that I put in the system. To my home address that is on my Paypal. I did receive the 2 batteries and drip tip which were the same Chinese ones that every vendor carries and was exactly what I was expecting to receive. The FlavourArt was another story. I mixed the Apple Pie just like I would if it was full strength from FlavourArt. I could smell it, but I could not taste it. I upped it incrementally until it matched the flavour profile of my apple pie that I mix at 5% with true Flavour Art. It took 25%. I then tried the Butterscotch. I gave up on that mix when the flavouring required past 50% of the total mix and still didn't reach the flavour level of real FlavourArt. I didn't try the other two flavours but verified that they were watered down also. After multiple emails where Vapour Trails assured me it was genuine Flavour Art from Italy. I finally told them it was not. The flavour was not there. I am not an expert. But I do have a little common sense. They told me then that they had found the problem. Quoted from the email "after i did some tests i can say that it does seem like it could have been from a missed shake." They said that is was not shaken up when they dispensed it. I then contacted FlavourArt and with the question about FlavourArt flavouring separating to the point that dispensing from a bulk bottle would cause that level of weakening. I was told that it would not. I have found that to be the case with my flavour art from Italy. This ended by Vapour Trails still insisting that it is real but offering to replace the flavours that I found lacking. I declined that offer and decided to review based on the information that I have on the excuse that they gave. And since a picture is worth a thousand words. The FlavourArt Apple Pie directly from Italy is on the right and the Vapour Trails provided FlavourArt Apple Pie is on the left. I think that sums this up and is as clear of a review as I can provide.

interesting info shane, thanks for sharing.
    one less vendor to share my currency with.
    In order of useful: Provari V2 and V1, vamo, eGo twist, Katana v3, Hex, Orion v2, LavaTube, eGo x 6, VMAX, 510N, Tick V2, Tick V1, noEgo 18650, noEgo 14650 , Indulgence x 2, 905 6v mod, KR808D

A picture is worth a thousand words indeed.

damage control fail

Thanks for the info.

I will not be ordering from them.

How strange, all my flavours from vapour-trails have been great. Stuff direct from FA has been great as well as stuff from VT.

Flavours do change a little bit batch to batch but should never ever be that different.

Found this after a quick check of their website -

We source natural extracts from a couple of selected EU and US high quality suppliers, involved in this business since long time.
    Natural extracts can be purchased in many forms, by distillates, single or multi fold essential oils, fractionated essential oils, concretes, absolutes, resinoids, oleoresins, carbon dioxide extracts, macerates and so on.

However, working with nature have some small drawbacks.

The extracts are taken from a flower, the bark, the leaves or roots of plants, from fruits. So the natural starting materials are susceptible to geographical origin, time and method of harvesting, local climatic conditions, storage, breed.

Professional processors know this very well and work hard to get consistent supply and quality, and had streamlined their processes, in order to get final products meet exact specifications, but due to inner complexity of ANY natural extract, some minor variations are expected and unavoidable.

This can be noted in a slight color or hue difference, in viscosity or in the general chemical composition.
    All this small variations can bring in the final flavor some small differences as well, mainly noticeable in the color the final flavor get, or in its top note.

This kind of reactions (acetals formation, hydrolisis, esterification, oxidation and many others) are common even in the food application, and this explains why winegar, wines, spirits need some maturing time to reach the full and finer taste.

In addition, flavors containing, as example, vanillin, cyclotene, furaneol or other furanones, thiazoles ans sulphur compounds tend to darken with age, or flavors that contain natural extracts (which may contain carotenoid pigments or other color bringing hydrocarbons ) for all the reasons explained above, may perform differently.
    ( a typical example is our Maxx-Blend tobacco flavor. Fresh compounded it has a light green color that turns to amber yellow with time)

The aging delivers a smoother and finer finished product and the overall flavor will loose some roughness.
    These reactions are generally slowed in winter time and speed up in summer time, as heat play an important role.
    About the time needed is difficult to predict as it depends on amount of flavor prepared, air incorporated, light exposure, outside temperature.

So, if you have got one of our flavors and at the first sight it might seems different, consider all explained here.

Of course, even if we put great care and utmost attention in our job, we are not mistake proof, so if an error occurred, we will be glad to replace a wrong product.
    From here - http://flavourart.hesk.com/knowledgebase.php?article=15

Explains the colour difference at least. How old is your apple pie flavour anyway?

I have their apple pie and reckon it tastes great at 5-10%. Add 5% of caramel and you've got one of the best tasting juices ever IMO It has the same colour as yours. My caramel that I got from them is as dark as the other juice in the picture you posted.
    Last edited by Chrisso; 09-12-11 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisso View Post
    . How old is your apple pie flavour anyway?

How did you do this?
    The apple pie was 3 days from them, I don't know how long they had it before I got it. My wife uses it to make flavoured water. She uses 6 drops in a 450ml bottle of the mango from flavourart. The mango I got from VT, she put 30 drops in and it was still weak. You could smell it, but not taste it. It's not just my opinion. I had several people verify its weakness before I posted. I didn't just order, try it and post. It was evaluated by me using known recipes and verified by two other parties that is intimately familiar with flavourart concentrates. I have laid this rest and learned my lesson. If you want flavourart. Buy it from flavourart. That way your recipes that has been taking 5% won't suddenly need 50% and still taste weak.

Yeah it just doesn't make sense to me. My FA is great from them, and it's great direct from Italy.

I'm a big fan of the apple pie and I wouldn't be happy if I suddenly got a much weaker batch, so I can understand where you're coming from.

Just realized you're the shayne I've seen on some vaping youtube videos...you know your stuff that's for sure.

You ever tried inawera flavours mate? They seem to have many similar flavours to FA , plus some others. Prices look pretty good - http://www.inaweraflavours.com/en/ Shipping to Aus is really good also.

I bought over 20 flavours from them and it was a bit of a mixed bag as far as likes and dislikes go, but I wouldn't call them weak. A few were unusable to me because of the chemical taste. One even seemed to leave a sediment in my mouth. But I also have a few favorites. When I first read your post Shayne, I thought that maybe I got the dregs?@!

But, the thing I found disappointing and puzzled about was that the dropper bottles all came with caps but no dropper tips, so they all leak! No worries, I'm gradually finding which flavours deserve a new bottle and which ones I'll end up chucking.

I really didn't want to complain though because I have a feeling that the person behind the web site had good intentions, just something went a little wrong maybe. Oh well, the damage has already been done eg lack of reply to this thread. It's a shame because there is no way that any one supplier can provide everything to all of us!

Chrisso, I've also bought from Inawera, about the same number of flavours with similar results as far as likes and dislikes, but quite a few are really good! :-) The thing is, some are so concentrated that they are great value. Just one drop in a small bottle mixed with other flavours can be overpowering, and seeing as I can never leave well enough alone, and taking into consideration the unlimited variations of mixing different things together, I will never be at a loss for something unique to vape, for better or worse... I will definitely buy more from there. They also sell FA at a good price, and their small bottles have chunky drip tips but you get used to them, again very cheap, and postage is fast.

Cheers VShe! Will definitely be giving them a go soon. With flavours there's always going to be a few dislikes I find out of every 5 I try I'll be really lucky to like 2.

I would contact them directly about the dropper bottles. I'm pretty damn sure mine all came with dripper tips They'd probably want to know about it, and you never know you might get something thrown in extra for the trouble.

Shayne - Was just thinking you should have accepted the replacement...just to suss out if it was the same or different. I've noticed some of my flavourart flavours DO settle.
    Last edited by Chrisso; 30-10-11 at 06:13 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast