Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic

Bud Tank Atomiser Review

$11 a pair. Currently stocked by Bozecig. Let me preface this by saying that Boz is a quality local supplier and I have never had any problems with his service. Any opinions I present are about the product in question which he resells and should not reflect on his business generally.

Personally I actually think this item should be called a cartomiser for accuracy. It's similar to a G4 or (I suppose) a CE3 - Coil at the bottom, fluid reservoir. However it is really a hybrid between a clearo and a 510T - plastic tank reservoir and metal spike guiding the fluvial(?) wick. I bought a couple on a whim and don't regret the purchase. I'm not going to rave about how this is the next big thing in vaping or any such nonsense. It's simply not. What is it? A disposal alternative to 510Ts. A well constructed one at that.

I'm not sure if that's really something the market needs but obviously someone thinks it is and what do I know about markets anyway? I don't even go to them.

Anyhow, life-wise the one I'm currently using with VapeKing Baked Apple Tart has lasted me a good 5 refills and is now starting to lose its vapour production and is now starting to taste a bit burnt and the juice is discolouring. Up until now the taste has been clean about the same as an eGoT, but the vapour production hasn't quite met that same level. Found they work best around 6-8W on a JiB as anything higher tended to run the coil dry due to slow wicking. With a clean after it's empty it might return to somewhere near its former glory.

I'd say its good for road-testing a new juice but at $5.50 a pop it's a quite expensive piece of disposable kit. Can't remember exactly how much I managed to fit in it but it's close to 2ml.

Pros:
    Easy and simple tank solution - no need to prep atties or worry about tank aging (I guess. I couldn't think of any other outcomes of this pro)
    Relatively large reservoir - holds more juice than a large 510T cart while maintaining the same diameter
    Clean tasting vape.

Cons:
    Sealed unit - disposed once it reaches its usage limit, which doesn't seem to be that long considering the cost.
    Relatively high cost
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Quality Australian Made eJuice: Bunyip Vapes

AVF Regular
    Where the spectre of Bjelke-Petersen still looms...A Banana Republic inside a Banana Republic
    I forgot to state that the vape is better than a G4 at 3.7V but not as good as eGoT
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.

Boz
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Hey Mate....Thanx for the review....

Just a tip though from my experience regarding cleaning. Once you see that vapour production is dropping you can wash them out and they come good again. A simple rinse with hot water down into the tank for a minute and a good blow dry and they are as good as new again. I have about 4 rotating at the moment and they seem to enjoy a good bath. I do find with thicker juices they do gum up alot quicker but no quicker than an ego-t imo.

Again cheers

Boz
    Bozecig Electronic Cigarettes

Use code "aussievapers" for 5% off your order

GLV2 5v - VW JIB Mini & Mid - Infinity Pro MIW Edition - Lavatube - Alpha Ultramax with RES - Little Gem - Buzz x 2 - Jazz Carto Pipe - Black Beauty - Revo v2 - 510N - eGo-C - VV & LCD eGo-T - NoEgo 14500 - LEO - GGTS - GG Slim - iAtty - Indulgence v1 & v3 - 510XL

AVF Regular
    Cheers for the feedback Boz. I'll give cleaning a go when its empty again and follow your tips. I'm running mainly PG so I think 5 refills is not too bad before it needs cleaning.

Super Moderator
    I had 3 put out a weird taste every now and then but they died in a couple days (the taste others had experienced on another forum comes and goes) my 4th one I'm using right now has been going solid for a week they like tobacco juice more than fruity flavors IMO it puts out good vape, if they were more consistant with there life and taste I would buy more (I did wash them)

Thanks for the great, detailed review Nothingexpert. I was surprised I hadn't seen/heard more around about these, so it's great to see your thoughts.

Hope you don't mind if I toss some thoughts into the ring, so diff opinions are in the same place for others. Mine only arrived yesterday morning... my initial impressions (short version); good as far as taste and vapour go, whether they stay that way and how long they last would determine if they're worth the cost or not, for me.

I really, really like the idea of these..... all the convenience of a tank with a clearo's integrateed atty and buttload easier filling than either. Plus at 1.5mL full, a good size to have a few flavours on the go without having juice sitting around in any one for too long. Guess we all have our holy grail

I've used mine on 510/eGo and my fab JohnnyInBrisbane mini woody. Vapour on the 510/eGo is basically the same, and good. Naturally enough production is higher on the JIB. I'm vaping at similar power to Nothingexpert - usually between 6.5-8.0W. I've never used the eGo tank, or modded tanks, only the 510t and a few diff carto's, but it's easily the cleanest vape I've had. There's been one dry spot/burnt taste moment, but it's probably fair to say it was my fault in hitting a few too many times too quickly and not giving it a chance to wick. A quick primer puff without activating the batty and all was well. I vape VG and my stickiest flavour is on it's third fill in my main PV, the other is on its second fill. I don't know if the fact that I'm pretty much rotating them helps, but I always do that - it's just the way I vape.

I have had one real problem so far and I did see it mentioned once elsewhere. One of four I have leaks a little into the airspace & out the atty hole when filled - it's vapable and the juice doesn't come all the way up to my mouth, but there's next to no vapour (heh, shame - nice flavour). From the looks of it the silicone ring around the metal of the wick isn't forming a proper seal and is letting juice past. I've cleaned it (I went in via mouth & tank holes using a syringe - figured it was the mouth hole that was gonna clean the atty itself) and followed a tip on ecf for filling but no diff.

That's about it. For me these do have a lot of potential - it all depends on their lifespan. At around 2/3 the cost of a decent atomiser, I want it to be decent. If it is? I'd happily buy more and recommend them.
    (I know they're also still in development, so it'll be interesting to see what happens)

ooh, one last thing... I love love loooove the fill nipples that come with them! they rock!
    please, please, please look at stocking them Bozman!
    Nearly a year off the burning things (yay!!). Plus an enforced break from computers (and thus temptation) for a few months means I've even saved $$$$!

Super Moderator
    Just make sure you fill it on an angle, put the tip back in, cap on, blow out and they don't leak or juice doesn't come threw. Yeah those filler tips are awesome so much better than using a syringe when not needed I lost all mine except one ;( lol.

Boz
    AussieVapers approved Vendor
    Cheers for the review VapidKitty

Ask and you shall receive
    Bozecig Electronic Cigarettes

Use code "aussievapers" for 5% off your order

GLV2 5v - VW JIB Mini & Mid - Infinity Pro MIW Edition - Lavatube - Alpha Ultramax with RES - Little Gem - Buzz x 2 - Jazz Carto Pipe - Black Beauty - Revo v2 - 510N - eGo-C - VV & LCD eGo-T - NoEgo 14500 - LEO - GGTS - GG Slim - iAtty - Indulgence v1 & v3 - 510XL

A few tips I found or figured:

• the fill cap needs to be completely pushed in, or it'll affect the draw.

• line up the airhole on the Bud with one on your connector. (tried this - it does actually seem to make a diff to draw.... or is it my imagination?)

• they don't work as well on a non-standard 510 connector. use a connector if yours isn't standard (ie the batty should have 4 air slots on the connector)

• when filling, don't jam the bottle up tight so the nipple hub makes a seal with the tank - only the tube bit should be inside or you'll flood the atty

• if you want or think you need to, a primer draw on filling or for dry spots - just take a light puff without activating your batty's button to draw a little juice into the atty.

• keep the airspace to the top when you're filling - just easier, helps stop accidents and drips into it
    Nearly a year off the burning things (yay!!). Plus an enforced break from computers (and thus temptation) for a few months means I've even saved $$$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Cheers for the review VapidKitty

Ask and you shall receive
    Cool! But more than that, apparently Boz - I got something I didn't ask for! thanks for the pretty, shiny battery!
    Still on the hunt for an auto for my friend, but if I ever get her to switch AND realise manual is better, I think she can have one of my black ones!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast