Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ECHO Review

ECHO Review

Hi Vapers,

My Echo arrived a couple of hours ago from Health Cabin (the reduced prices on these make them a very affordable unit). The version they sent is the manual 650maH Variable Volt. (I did order a less expensive kit with 1300maH batteries, but am happy enough with this one as I think the size is a little more suitable for a woman. However replacement 1300's are available for a try with them later). All the Echo kits from HC come with 5 cartomizers and an ego carry case, and 2 whistle tips.

Battery: It has a 5 click system whereby you can change the voltage to any of the 3 settings which are 3.2v, 3.7v and 4.2v. However, as a first time user of VV i am not sure which setting is which as there is no indicator on the battery to show it, i guess i just have to learn more able VVs, but this is no biggy. The battery has an LED indicator to show how charged it is. This feature i like a lot, as so far i have only used a 510 which i am never quite sure of unexpected run-out.

Cartomiser: Takes 2.3ml but i didn't measure how much i put it. It is advised that you let the cartomiser sit for awhile after filling. I filled it slowly, while turning and there was no problem with leakage at all. Let it sit for a good 5 minutes.

Soft Whistle tip: Love this feature, so easy to use the unit with this.

Threads: 510/ego threads on cartomisers and batteries so is interchangeable with any of these.

Use: It is totally quiet to use, no snap crackle and pop, nor any drawing noise. Creates great vapour on all of the 3 voltage settings. The Echo is such a huge improvement on the 510 i've been using for a couple of weeks, i am extremely happy!!! :-)

AVF Regular
    I'm probally thinking of the wrong battery, but as well as how charged the batt is LED on the bottom,
    I thought thay also had a small ring around the top which lit up with a different colour for the different voltage?

Yes, you are right, Flea. Thanks. I hadn't noticed the ring lights changed with the various volt levels, and hadn't read up on it yet either seeing as i'd been expecting a different kit to this one. Still, very glad to have the VV one, if only for the charge indicator feature.

I have one of these too Bella, and I really like it. Only trouble is I vape at the highest setting, full blue circle, and it drains the battery pretty quick. But I luckily have a back up batt

Pisces

does anyone have the graphy to be able to determine what the length of bettery life is when run at the various voltages?

AV Approved Manafacturer/Modder
    Using the same resistance atty at the different voltages, 3.7 & 4.2 volts will have 75% and 58% of the battery life compared to 3.2 volts

Quote Originally Posted by besure View Post
    does anyone have the graphy to be able to determine what the length of bettery life is when run at the various voltages?
    Variable Power Mods for sale: None, only making to order at the moment with 2~3 week lead time. See Manufactures / Custom Mods / Additions for details.

Pisces, yeah it's a good unit, but did you notice the mouthepiece tips smell and taste a little plasticy? I started to notice it with more use, and only after i'd done my review. Hoping i can find some silicon ones or other ones that will fit the carto end.

AVF Regular
    My two mouthpieces got lost, never to be seen again.
    I assume by dragging my PV from my pocket to my mouth.
    Neither has been missed. I'm happy sucking on the hard mouth piece.

Quote Originally Posted by bella65 View Post
    Pisces, yeah it's a good unit, but did you notice the mouthepiece tips smell and taste a little plasticy? I started to notice it with more use, and only after i'd done my review. Hoping i can find some silicon ones or other ones that will fit the carto end.
    I am only making an assumption here....I cant find mine nor remember, but

Would a Type A eGo Drip tip fit?

I think so....not sure. Someone with both handy might be able to help out and answer that one.

Buy genuine e-cigarette gear - Check out www.vapebar.com.au

Hi Hack, Using a sewing tape-measure, i've measured the bottom of the Echo tip at 33mm diameter, if this helps.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast