Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Big Kahuna's evolving MBV juice reviews.

AVF Regular

Big Kahuna's evolving MBV juice reviews.

As I'm currently sitting on the throne, I thought I might contribute a little more towards the forum.
    I buy my juices from MBV as the title says, I know, they aren't for everyone, some of you like to DIY mix, others, completely create your own. I find it easier being time and space poor to buy a few months worth and on I travel (although if I hear rumblings about bans etc I'll really stock up).

So I thought that I might start a rolling (ever expanding) fairly plainspeak review on the juices that I've tried.
    Point to note, everyone's tastes are different and I always select the extra shot in the juice to pump it up a little, those many years of the coffin nails did a number on my taste buds.

As I go through more and more, I'll keep adding to the original post, each time I do I'll bump up the thread for anyone who is interested in listening to my ramblings.

So without further ado, my first juice review.
    (See how I made that rhyme ^)

All juice is 65/35 PG/VG and 18mg, Aspire Nautilus with BDC/BVC coils.

MBV Green Apple.
    This was one potent flavour. Damn. Strong. Throat. Hit.
    Unbearable for me actually, so bad that to vape it, I had to cut it with another flavour to dilute it. Any time that I tried it on it's own, it was like I had fire in my lungs or I was having an asthma attack.

But.

I cut it with some unflavoured PG/VG mix at a ratio of 2/5, 2 being the original flavour and 5 being the unflavoured, at that point you could vape it without feeling like Rebel Wilson was sitting on your chest, at that point, it was actually quite a nice apple flavour, still had a kick, not even close to as bad as it was.

I wouldn't highly recommend it, didn't suit my tastes, but it was a true candy apple style flavour, if anyone remembers Green Apple UDL cans that we drank when we were poor/had no discerning taste for adult beverages, then that's a fine example of the flavour.

Be warned though, don't order the extra shot.

MBV Vanilla Custard
    Quite nice, more vanilla than custard to be true and I did notice a hint of cinnamon in there somewhere, it's a fairly well rounded flavour I think, not too heavy that it becomes an occasional, but not sold enough to make it to my ADV I wouldn't think.

I couldn't imagine it without additional flavour shots, it's not an overpowering taste with the one extra shot, could do with another one or two for guys who prefer a little more in there.

It's a darker juice from MBV, but certainly not atomiser killing dark. A sunset orange colour I'd say.

Definitely worth a try for something different.

MBV Blueberry
    I really likes this flavour, it's better on a higher wattage/voltage as the flavour really comes out with the warmth from a higher setting.

It's fairly blueberry like to be honest. A little sweeter than the actual fruit but strange enough, tastes pretty much like a blueberry. It became my ADV for a while, or at least a go to when I couldn't figure out what I actually wanted to vape that day.

Worth it if you want something new and a little fruity

GWAR Spew by MBV
    I really loved this flavour and I believe it will easily become a new ADV for me. It has a very distinct and unique flavour, there's definitely a combination of a lot of things in there but the biggest one in there is a sort of muted Sour Warhead flavour, sweet with a little tang of sour in there, it is quite nice on the inhale and the exhale. I opted to retain the food dyed version of the juice, just because i think it looks kinda funny in the tanks, the odd green colour and the blood red of the aptly named Bloodbath.

This is one that I would recommend giving a try if you like the sweeter flavours and especially if you enjoy a little hint of sour in there. It was quite funny this first time I took a hit of it, I felt like I was having de ja vue of taste from my childhood and it really took a long time for me to pick the flavours out of it. I think that is a fruit combination of melon, apple, orange, strawberry and the little sour note at the same time. I could be way off but that's how it tasted to me.

MBV Hawk Sauce
    I think most people have tried this by now. I wasn't a fan. I smoked menthol when I was on the coffin nails but mixed in with all the rest in the Hawk Sauce, I just didn't enjoy it. I think it's a combination of Menthol and fruit (or at least that's what it tastes like to me) and I just couldn't enjoy it no matter how hard I tried. The 'hint' of cool menthol just seemed like a little more than a hint to me.

MBV Faux Sauce
    This one I actually did enjoy, quite similar to the Hawk Sauce but different enough that the menthol wasn't as overpowering to me. The raspberry addition drowned out more of the menthol and made it a very refreshing vape, especially on a warm day with a cool drink in hand. The flavour is similar, yet different enough from the original Hawk Sauce that if you didn't like the former, you may actually enjoy the latter which is what happened in my case.

GWAR Bloodbath by MBV
    Did not like this. Such a shame as I have two bottles of it. Thankfully only 30ml.
    It is as described, a tropical fruity blend, but it is neither sweet nor sour and sits somewhere in the middle of the both of those. It really didn't do wonders for my taste buds and I can't get into this flavour as hard as I try (I'm sitting here vaping it right now). It tastes like banana mixed with pineapple and something else, maybe coconut or another strange tropical fruit and while it may be a 'best seller' for them, maybe it is geared towards those who have a want for a more 'powerful' or 'full on' flavour. I tend to prefer slightly less potent concoctions and that could explain my apparent dislike for this one.

MBV Caramel Apple
    Love this and for me it's become quite a staple in the ADV lineup, a quick go to if I really can't figure out what I want to vape on that day. It has a rich caramel flavour, a real toffee caramel/toffee apple flavour. It's a strong sweet flavour with mild hints of the apple but caramel is the distinct top note in this juice. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is a fan of toffee/caramel flavours with a bit of a sweet tooth.

MBV Lemon Breezy
    I won't lie, at the start I was not a fan of this, it certainly took me a few time to start to enjoy it. When they say lemon breezy, MBV described the flavour as a mixture of berries and lemonade. At the start I couldn't really taste much of anything besides a Lemon Pledge/Cough Mixture taste. I don't know if it just require more steeping time or what but I left it alone for a couple of weeks in a nice dark place and then thought I would give it another go, given that I had 100ml of it, I really wasn't keen on wasting it.

The next time I tried it, the flavour had changed immensely, I could taste a complete mixture of berries with the refreshing hit of lemonade hiding itself in the mixture of red berries. It's been fantastic on those really hot days and goes down a treat with a nice cold Gin, Lemonade and Lime with some ice. Recommended as a summertime treat, just let it steep for a few weeks.

MBV Demon Energy
    Ah. Now we all know what Demon Energy is a replica of.
    A deep pink masculine four legged beast that gorges idiot Spaniards.
    It's a fairly sweet taste, almost sickly sweet. Not too bad but I certainly don't use it every day, far too sweet for that. The flavour doesn't taste very well developed and to be honest, in terms of certain energy drink equivalents, the Raging Bull flavour from SoulBlu NZ is a lot better, albeit, totally overpriced and devoid of any customisation.

Night all.

Paul
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 31-10-14 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Added a few more
    JenJ, DEATHGUYJ, akef38 and 2 others like this.
    Leadership is solving problems.
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.
    Either case is a failure of leadership

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

thanks for the review, Like you I also get my liquids from MBV. I have to say for me the vanilla custard had a very chemical taste to it(like you said.."Taste is subjective") didn't enjoy that flavour. But I have a tried afew flavours now from MBV and I have to say thug juice is one of my favourites, It replaced hawk sauce for me. Also there gwar juices are good, jizmoglobin and bloodbath ber very good, the gwar spew flavour wasn't cutting it for me and I have heard good things about germanbeefcake(I think thats whats its called). beside them I can recommend cinnamon flavour and afternoon delight, also berry treat is very nice.. There are many more I have tried but these are the ones that stand out to me.

AVF Regular
    Hahaha funny you should say that, I loved the Spew and wasn't so keen on the bloodbath, didn't get Jizmoglobin though.

Adding in a few more while i wait for some files to transfer.

Paul
    The day soldiers stop bringing you their problems is the day you stopped have leading them.
    The have either lost confidence that you can help them or concluded you do not care.

General Colin Powell

ProVari V2.5 Zombie Edition, Innokin iTaste 134, Aspire Nautilus (BVC) with Brushed Steel Assay Tank, Kanger AeroTank Mega

AVF Regular
    Hawk sauce is like cheap nasty lollies to me. Love their black liquorice ( licorice) though and the Jizmoglobin ( not the name though), afternoon delight is nice. The ecto cooler type one was better han other brand ecto coolers I have tried too. Spew was all melon to me, like honey dew. . Nice when in the mood for it.

AVF Regular
    Oh Limey you love the name, say it with me, JIZMOGLOBIN.
    Hahaha.

Yeah Hawk Sauce was terrible. I just swapped to the starts of my new BVC coils and the Spew is tasting a lot more melon like now. Still enjoying it. Had to dump the Bloodbath from the tank. Hated it. It was just far too rich for me.

Just gunna pass it off to a mate or something I think

General Colin Powell

Been vaping their Spew juice a lot lately - it's yum.
    Big Kahuna likes this.
    Hit up my YouTube channel for tonnes of vaping reviews.

AVF Regular
    Yeah me too, love it.
    Been busy lately haven't had a chance to update, two surgeries but all is well now. I get to sit on my ass for a week. No gym makes me sad

General Colin Powell

AVF Regular
    Added a few more to the mix

General Colin Powell

P.J
    AVF Regular
    Have a fair few mtbv flavours from cinnamon, hawke sauce, apple, custard, black cherry, toasted marshmallow, apple cin, tea flavours, East coast tobacco, coffee, and some more that I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment, the one I use the most of is the max vg unflavoured nic, hits the spot, slightly sweet after taste and good vapor production from the kraken clone in single coil mode at 1ohm. Mtbv seem to have an OK product.

Sent from my GT-N7105

I like the MBV flavours as well. Wasn't keen on Spew, though one of my sons loved it :-) Also found the Green Apple very bitey. Loved the Blueberry, Blue Drake and the Honey Berries. Thought Strawbana was a bit mild, but good mixed with Afternoon Delight, which was very intense. Have just ordered another lot of different ones, so we'll see how it goes. That's the hardest part - everyone's taste is different. After smoking for 48 years, I am loving this - and it is soooo cheap compared to the ciggies. Really pleased also that both my sons in their 40's are now vaping as well, except that they are visiting more to steal some of my stuff :-) I am also convincing some of my customers to give it a go, so hopefully you'd think we would all be healthier! It is a real win/win.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast