Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Report on the FT Rose V2 clone

AVF Regular

Report on the FT Rose V2 clone

Well, I got the one without the stand. I have plenty of atty stands so I saved the bucks. (I actually hadn't seen the other one!)

Nice little box, you get a set of spares, a frosted plastic tank section, spare ceramic cup and the atomiser itself.

It's a very attractive little beast in brushed stainless steel, not at attractive as my T5's but that's just a personal opinion.

I'm not a huge fan of metal drip- tips but the one on this is part of the juice delivery system so you put up with it.

I was going to build it last night. I had just done a re-wick and juice change on two other atty's and was running out of time. I thought I'd wing it. How hard can it be? Well, after a nearly 45 minutes and nearly tearing out what little hair I have left I gave up. What a sh*t of a thing I thought!!! That bloody ceramic cup kept turning. I buggered 3 coils in the process. I needed some research.

Found a decent YouTube of a Pommy guy doing a review of a clone.... Ahh so! That's how it's done!

My opinion here on clips of atty tests. You don't need to rave on for 45 minutes about the bloody atty! For gods sake get to the point!!!! That's how long, or longer some of the clips went for. You might think whoever supplied the atty for free for your review needs some time for their trouble but it can get dead boring for the viewer. Be succinct and just do it rather than say the same thing 4 different ways!!!

Pommy dude did it in 10 minutes, it was a pleasure to watch.

So I did a larger diameter coil as seems to be my favourite at present. 28g 7 wraps came in at 1.9ohms, a bit higher than what I wanted but I thought I'd give it a try.

I'll add that one of the holes for the coil leg was not formed as well as it could have been, so a little bit of effort with a rat tail file sorted that. All good.

So what's it like? I whacked it on the Sigelei 20watt, had a couple of sucks then ramped the watts to 11.

Bloody awesome. Great flavour and plenty of clouds with a nice "hit". Turning the drip-tip anti-clockwise will deliver more juice (uncovers the wicks more) and vice versa. Also has a very good air adjustment and you can get plenty air!

Once you know how to build, damned simple but watch a clip to save yourself time and frustration. As easy as the Aga-T5. Nope. (No I don't get paid by them! just love the T5 for its beautiful simplicity)

Is it worth getting one? Bloody oath!

Running banana nut bread, very smooth and tasty.

image.jpg

Oh, and if you really, really like it, buy an original.
    Last edited by merexy; 24-09-14 at 08:05 PM.
    The Sodd and akef38 like this.

Yes buy an original.

Just as soon as anyone in the world has one available!

Nice review thanks Mex

AVF Regular
    Sounds good, definitely going to have to give one a try.

AVF Regular
    The EdenModsUK guy does it in 5:30 mins with no talking. Awesome tank.

AVF Regular
    Nice review Merexy.
    Nice to know its a good atty. Great tip regarding the drip tip. If it can't be replaced I won't be getting one. Might be mouth PH level or bad teeth, but I hate that metallic taste from metal drip tips.
    Cheers
    Sodd

AVF Regular
    I've given this thing a hiding tonight and I can't fault it! Oh, the vapour!! Not one dry hit..... Awesome !

AVF Regular
    I too can't seem to get a dry hit on this thing. Been using it daily now for a few weeks.

AVF Regular
    Yeh the wicking is great, juice control is fantastic and i really like the design. Not perfect but i prefer it over the kayfun.

When i tighten my coils they tend to separate though

AVF Regular
    I got the Polished ft version in today. To anyone having trouble wicking cotton, make 2 smaller pieces of cotton equivalent to your usual wick and twist them together on one end. Feed it through and then cut the twisted part and bam, you have 2 strands each side. After doing this I double each strand over to 'fill every slot'. Hope that helps, alternatively you can wick the cotton through before putting the coil in, saves having to use tweezers.

AVF Regular
    AHHH thanks for being the test mule ,merexy!!! was looking at these clones but was undecided as they where new and cheap.
    questions answered. Cheers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast