Like Tree9Likes
  • 6 Post By hun113
  • 1 Post By merexy
  • 1 Post By Omnipotus
  • 1 Post By hun113

Thread: Smoktech Fury-S

AVF Regular

Smoktech Fury-S

Hi all just a rundown of the Smok Fury-S mech mod and since it is my first review my apology if I left anything behind.
    Got it of steamers yesterday and I am very happy with it. It is a mechanical mod by SmokTech.
    It is stainless steel and has a brushed finish.
    The overall length on 18650 is 96mm and on 18350 it is 66mm so it is not the shortest mech mod out there.
    It only comes in 18650 tube but you can get the 18350 tube for approx $10
    The threading is very nice, not buttery smooth but it is up there. The build is solid with laser engraving of the skull and Smok logo behind it.
    The top cap has an ego threading as well as 510 so you can have best of both world. It has a floating centre pin so your atty will sit flush. The bottom of the top cap has an engraving that says Designed by Smok and so is the bottom cap.
    The bottom cap is magnetic and it comes with a spare magnet that has 7A fuse for extra safety, the throw is smooth and I think it is approx 3-4mm.
    What I like most is the locking ring on this mod, it is 360 degree, you can turn it clock wise and anti clockwise to lock and unlock it and it has a nice click every time you turn it.
    As for venting holes it has 3 holes at the bottom of the tube above the bottom cap.
    You do need to clean the top cap thoroughly though as it was not making contact with my rose yesterday and it confused the hell out of me as it has a floating pin which means it should make contact, I needed to unscrew the rose centre pin down before it fires, however after cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and tighten the rose centre pin up it makes contact with everything I threw at it.
    So overall if you are looking for an original mech mod that is affordable with a good quality this could be it.
    Cheers, Don.

AVF Regular
    Great review Don! Looks sweet with the Rose.....
    And I really like the locking ring.
    Hmmmmmm........!
    hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Cheers Mex, yeah the locking ring is unbelievable, its really good the way they made it.
    Hmmmmm........... You are not going to put a pin on me doll are you for showing this mod?

I have had mine for a while now and love it. Recently thought, the button has started to become sticky (apparently a problem with it); I have cleaned it out and it works fine for a week or so, but the problem repeats. I have also noticed that the same button can get hot, (another reported problem), but not to the point of it being a serious issue to me.

Despite these negatives, I love this device, as the switch is so simple and apart from the sticky issue, works so well compared to other mechs.
    hun113 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by hun113 View Post
    Cheers Mex, yeah the locking ring is unbelievable, its really good the way they made it.
    Hmmmmm........... You are not going to put a pin on me doll are you for showing this mod?
    Thinkin' about it.......

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotus View Post
    I have had mine for a while now and love it. Recently thought, the button has started to become sticky (apparently a problem with it); I have cleaned it out and it works fine for a week or so, but the problem repeats. I have also noticed that the same button can get hot, (another reported problem), but not to the point of it being a serious issue to me.

Despite these negatives, I love this device, as the switch is so simple and apart from the sticky issue, works so well compared to other mechs.
    Give it a really good clean and then a wee bit of graphite powder. This has worked for me with a crunchy Stingray switch. A little bit of a sand of the offending parts with 400 wet and dry as well before the graphite.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotus View Post

Cheers Omni, will keep an eye on the button.
    Yeah the locking ring is really neat and it probably why I got it, it's awesome.
    Last edited by hun113; 12-10-14 at 08:22 PM.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by merexy View Post
    Thinkin' about it.......

Ouch.......
    merexy likes this.