Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sub ohm Innovations big dripper

AVF Regular

Sub ohm Innovations big dripper

Hey folks,

bought one of these from the good folks @ house of vape (Ben and Jay are great!)

Anyhoo the who what when how and why?

Who - sub ohm innovations (usa)
    what - Well its a dripper with a sort of squonking tank ontop of the deck, 3 post deck, airflow control (however only dual coil friendly)
    when - About 10 days ago
    why - Well I love dripping, hate having to carry a bottle around with me!
    how - Off their site...

more hows...

the build: dual 26g 3mm micro(not so micro really) coils of 7 wraps for about a 0.5 ohm resistance.
    Koh gen doh wick
    mods: tobeco stingray-x clone, smoktech magneto and sigelei 100w vw box.
    the juice: 5 pawns grandmaster, and vapoureyes new blue (about 70/30 vg/pg)

Well firstly, building on the deck is a bit of a pain, I wouldn't want to try building a sleeper coil in it, but for your standard inserting two separate coils into the traditional 3 post deck, its not too tough. The grub screws hold well, the post holes are nice and big.

coil alignment - you need to get your coils roughly in line with the air flow holes in the deck, so once the coils are inserted you need to push them down, which is a tad tricky coz you cant really get a 3mm screwdriver deep into the deck, have to push the coils down with tweezers or a fingertip. 3rd build I finally got it all sorted.

tank filling and assembly.
    Following the instructions is CRITICAL. RTFM!
    if you don't hold the tank body down as you screw the tank base in, you wont create a vacuum and the joose will leak.

The tank does work with a 50/50 juice, I think at first I was getting the tank assembly a little wrong, and it leaked a tad. You do get some spray/condensation build up in the drip tip connector so if it spits, be sure to clean out that area.

Overall impressions:

Its fantastic!

The flavour is epic, the convenience of this is fantastic, and atop of the the 100w 'monolith' it means I don't need to carry a juice bottle for my dripper, and 18650s for my mech. Even pumping 60w to this bad boy if you squonk after every toke, you don't run the risk of a dry hit.

The only flaw with it, is due to the single, offset drip hole from the tank to the deck, if you vape your wicks dry you need to squonk heavily and wait for the juice to distribute through the wicks, for a few minutes because otherwise your next draw only one of the two coils wicks will have been adequately juiced.

Even on wide open airflow trumps both my genuine 454 and genuine Vulcan running the same builds...

I basically haven't touched any of my other drippers since I bought this.

I can try getting some pics up if ppl want to see the build etc, but its a bit of a pain shrinking them to fit the file limit of the forum (any tips?)

Hit me up with any questions if you folks have?
    Vman90 likes this.

AVF Regular
    Sounds good. I have a non-authentic in the mail.
    Tapatalk for pics using the phone. It's as easy as taking a photo

AVF Regular
    Last edited by bn1986; 11-11-14 at 02:05 PM.

AVF Regular
    Mine arrived today I threw a quick build in it and so far so good. I wont say its better than some of the other drippers I have but its by far the most convenient and its something I can carry with me to work. I can only see it getting better as I play with a few different coils. Bottom line is I love it and it hasnt left my hand since it arrived. Well worth the money for anyone who likes to drip while out of the house.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

I've had the tobeco clone for about a month now and have completely gone of tanks. Runs sweet as with a .5 coil in it. Like the op mentioned if your coils run dry it's a bit of a pain to re saturate (bring in juice bottle to save time). I find that I go through a ton of juice with it as my juices taste awesome on it. Good review
    stopped smoking 10/3/14
    started vaping 6/3/14

saved tons of coin on durries.

AVF Regular
    Better than the direct air over coil magma?

fad
    AVF Regular
    There's a clone with plastic tank section and removable metal top cap now available. Makes refilling dead simple.

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawks View Post
    Better than the direct air over coil magma?
    Ill let you know when my magma arrives.
    My biggest fear is that I might die and my missus will sell my vape gear for what I told her it cost

Konstantinos Farsalinos Nothing will be offered to you. You have to fight for your rights....

AVF Regular
    At $130 for a genuine, I would rather endorse original products, just my humble opinion

AVF Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bn1986 View Post
    At $130 for a genuine, I would rather endorse original products, just my humble opinion
    For my self I buy genuine but if some poor bastard is on the bones of his arse and a clone is all he can afford then then why not.
    Sludge and Side Show like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast