LED cartos from HC

I just couldn't resist the novelty of cartos with LEDs that light up when you fire them, so I ordered both kinds from HC on the 8th then had them in my sweaty little hands on the 12th!

The first to come out of the packet was the Royalsmokers X7 Micromizers @ 2.4-2.7 ohms. At first glance, I thought this would be a CE2 type carto, but lo and behold, the coil is actually at the bottom in a little housing with a couple of small holes on the sides where a bit of wick peeks out from. I'll have to wait until one dies before fully inspecting the internals. I learned quickly what not to do when filling one and after wiping up, I put the little rubber tip in and started warming it up. I've gone through a few ml of juice with this one now and am pretty impressed with its performance so far! The draw was a little airy at first but I suspect it takes a few long pulls on it before the juice fully wicks into the coil. Once it gets going the draw smooths out a fair bit and it starts putting out some pretty good vapour. It only holds 1.3ml of juice but seems to not be wasting any of it and a fill-up is lasting quite some time. I was at first worried that it might not be so pocket friendly, but the top seems to seal the juice in pretty well, so I think it will travel just fine. I didn't like the tiny rubber tip they come with but most 510 tips will fit as long as you make sure to wiggle it down snug onto the top plug inside the carto or else it might get leaky if tipped much or laid down. Best of all though, it lights up for fun! :-) It is sure to be a conversation starter at the social club on trivia night.

The other type I got is the 3.5ml Clear Giant Cartomizer @ 2.8-3.0 ohms. This one I'm guessing is the CE2 type with the coil up by the mouthpiece. The mouthpiece reminds me of the eGo types and is pretty comfy as is, but I think an eGo type A drip tip might well fit. Flavour is almost as good as the X7 and seems as clean tasting and the vapour is pretty warm of course. The LEDs are a bit brighter in this one! Filling is a breeze, just pop the mouthpiece off and drip down one of the sides where the gaps are until it's full. I expect I will get the better part of a day's vaping out of it, once I get stuck into it more, but for now I'm enjoying the X7 too much! The one thing I noticed is that it doesn't like being laid down on its side, that floods the coil and it gets a bit gurgly for a couple of pulls after. I think it'll stand up nicely on my Lava Tube though.

I'll follow up after I've knocked around with them and vaped them to death. :-)

Overall I'm pretty impressed with their performance, I didn't expect them to vape as well as they do for the novelty of them.

I too bought the 3.5ml giant Cartomiser , in green and blue. My first blue one expired after a few hours ( LED , not the carto itself) , so I tried the green one . Been working famously all week . So I ordered some more of them , the illumination at night is really cool, vapour production is on par with the non LED version of this product. Expect lots more " What the hell is that " type questions if using it in public !!!

CCC
    no pink

I got the x7's and smOkymizers last week. The x7's don't wick. I keep getting dry draws so gave up on them. Ce3 smoky users r great though

I've been on the big ego-type ones with the LEDs. Bought three of them with varying results. One, which was filled with Del's UP has perfect draw and flavour every time. 10/10. The other two are complete shite though - had filled one with Ginger Beer and the other with Original Lemonade (both Del's). On one of them I get absolutely no draw at all - the other has terrible gurgly draw that is inconsistent. Need to drain them and take them apart but haven't had the time yet.

the x7's wick okay for me even at around 30% VG (could be a bit less now that I think about it) I notice the wicking slows down when it starts getting low on juice but topping it up again helps a lot... I like the flavour on them better than the 3.5ml one (which isn't to say it's bad at all, just not quite as good flavour as they X7)

After a day with them both, I'm noticing the clear giant carto doesn't wick quite as well as the X7 and with the same juice at the same voltage, nowhere near the flavour or throat hit of the X7 either. It's still a decent enough carto, but the Royalsmokers X7 out-performs it easily even though its little LED lights aren't as bright. :-)
    Last edited by zainwolf; 14-12-11 at 09:27 PM.